Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery (37232 Views)

Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Morbeta11(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2018
maxiuc:
grin

I said all this SARS officers are into robberies that's why they don't have time to arrest robbers with gun rather they choose to clam down on Yahoo Boys armed with laptop and moderm

SARS are robbers we see today

SARS in morning

Special Armed Robbery Squad (SARS)
Robbers at night
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by babaireti(m): 3:44pm On May 10, 2018
Good Move by the Police
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by GavelSlam: 3:44pm On May 10, 2018
information1:
At last he was Arrested... Checkout his pictures here

https://talkgeria.com/busted-police-arrest-dismissed-cop-declared-wanted-offa-robbery/

Don't mind this liar.

No pictures on his stupid blog.

The blog would die a natural death.
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by madgoat(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2018
alfonso36:
Ftc for the very first time in history, and achieving this feat with my itel 5070, is a huge blessing. I dey ready to supply you cashew nuts in tonnes. Please serious buyers o as i'm trying to make a living for myself. 07032115893

Fone wey go soon crash grin
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Organs(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2018
This is good. Evans the kidnapper said policemen helped him avoid arrest all these years, how come we dont know who those police officers are?
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by alfonso36(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2018
madgoat:

Fone wey go soon crash grin
i'm managing it ni o.., let it take me for a long time abeg
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by seankay(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2018
A policeman aided the escape of robbery suspects and the only thing the police did was to dismiss him. Such a criminal should still be serving his time in a maximum prison.
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Brushless: 4:58pm On May 10, 2018
Kneephy:
I just hope these people are not punishing an innocent soul!
For saying that, you must be a robber.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Smooyis(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2018
johnime:
Nigerian Govt is only Reactive & not Active. Only React to issues when its gone so bad rather than Act before it goes bad. PH people have cried for so long about SOOT but nothing said. When people start dying NG Govt will now react. SMH

Yeah. Nigerian and indeed African leaders are only reactive and not proactive. They are dumb and clueless when it comes to planning. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 10, 2018
Treas006:
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

Operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team have arrested one of the four robbery suspects declared wanted for attacks on banks in Offa, Kwara State.

The suspect, Michael Adikwu, an ex-policeman, was said to have been dismissed in 2012 by the Kwara State Police Command for allegedly aiding the escape of some robbery suspects.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adikwu, until his dismissal, was attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the state command.

Adikwu was said to have been arraigned in court and remanded in a prison, where he spent three years before he found his way out and formed a robbery gang with others.

He was reportedly arrested on Tuesday in a town in Kwara State by the DCP Abba Kyari-led IRT operatives, who acted on a tip-off from members of the public who saw Adikwu’s picture among those declared wanted.

A robbery gang had stormed some banks in Offa on April 5 and killed scores of people, including nine policemen.

They reportedly carted away millions of naira during the operation which lasted for about an hour.

Although the state Commissioner of Police, Ado Lawan, put the number of fatalities at 17, the Operations Commander, Vigilance Group of Nigeria, Offa, Kwara State chapter, Wasiu Adepoju, said his men counted 50 corpses.

Leaked Closed Circuit Television footage of the incident revealed when the robbers blew up a security post of one of the banks as they intermittently brought out bags suspected to be containing money out of the premises.

While about 20 suspects were said to have been arrested, the Kwara State Government placed a bounty of N5m on the other fleeing robbers.

In a statement on Friday, the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Jimoh Moshood, released the pictures of four members of the gang captured in the CCTV footage and declared them wanted.

Moshood stated that the assailants were being monitored by the International Police and would soon be apprehended.

A senior police officer disclosed to PUNCH Metro on Wednesday that one of the wanted robbers was tracked down on Tuesday.

The source said the arrested suspect, Odikwu, was a police corporal and was dismissed from the Force in 2012 after his alleged involvement in the escape of some robbery suspects.

The source said, “He (Adikwu) was a SARS operative at the Kwara State Police Command. He used to fraternise with robbers. There was a robbery that happened in Kwara State about six years ago. The robbers killed somebody and escaped. The police were able to arrest those robbers.

“He collected money from those robbery suspects and released them. Later, the robbers were rearrested and they confessed that he aided their escape. He was arrested, tried in an orderly room trial and dismissed.

“He was charged to court together with the robbery suspects and was in prison for three years. He and some of the robbers were able to manoeuvre their way out of the prison and formed a robbery gang.”

Another source said a team of detectives got a lead that Adikwu was staying in a hideout in the state and swooped on him.

“The lead was given to the police by an informant. His hideout was cordoned off and he was arrested. He was apprehended by the IRT operatives in a community in Kwara State,” the source added.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kwara State Command, DSP Ajayi Okasanmi, said arrests had been made, but he had yet to receive information on Adikwu’s arrest.

He said, “What I know is that the IRT team and the command are investigating the matter and have been making arrests. The Force PRO will come out with other information at the right time.”

The FPRO, Moshood, could not be reached for comment as calls to his line rang out.

He had also yet to reply to a text message sent to his telephone as of press time.

Culled from >>>>>http://wakabobo.com/police-arrest-dismissed-cop-declared-wanted-for-offa-bank-robbery/

I hope they don't take him to court or prison.
Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by franka19: 6:11pm On May 10, 2018
( Adikwu, until his dismissal, was attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the state command.)

This is just to let us know that most deadly robberies or crime are mostly been committed by those dismissed or some serving SARS member because when you see or come across them, you will find out that they do not have human heart. There is something from the way they harass or carry out their duties will tell you how criminally minded they are.

Any robbery that is involve taking lives are been carried out most by those the government has employed to look after her citizens. There is no criminal checks of individuals been recruited into the army, police, navy or any other law enforcement offices and even the government That is why you see the likes of Dino MALAYES and their likes in senate and house of reps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by darelar(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2018
I just hope that Nigerian government will go back to the era of death of criminals by firring squad in the 80s and 90s. I was afraid to confront the arm rubber that rub me in my house because I knew that police will release them and that might make me not to be safe in the area.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by tiwatomi(m): 7:32pm On May 10, 2018
I think there is need to reintroduce death by firing squad again in Nigeria. These robbers are not meant to be in our society again, most of them are ex convict. The incident in Offa is too pathetic a lot of innocent souls are wasted. They should just execute all this criminals by firing squad , you will see that armed robbery will reduce in the country, they should just execute them the way Anini and the gang were executed in the 80's.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by jaytee01(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2018
Good work by the police

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery by Kneephy(m): 10:06pm On May 10, 2018
Brushless:

For saying that, you must be a robber.

I leave you to your opinion fool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos / Don’t Rest Until You Expose Your Murderer - Augusta Osedion's Mum / FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.