Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election (35423 Views)

Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 / Mahathir Mohamad Sworn In As Malaysia’s New Prime Minister / 92-year-old To Run As Prime Minister In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 10, 2018
Malaysia's Mahathir Mohamad is now the world's oldest leader

Kuala Lumpur (CNN) — Veteran Malaysian politician Mahathir Mohamad has become the world's oldest leader after a shock victory in the country's election, upending six decades of control by the ruling coalition.

The 92-year-old was sworn in on Thursday night by Malaysia's constitutional ruler, King Muhammad V, following a momentous vote in which scandal-plagued incumbent Najib Razak was soundly beaten at the polls by his former mentor.

It's a triumphant return to front-line Malaysian politics for Prime Minister Mahathir, who also ruled the country from 1981 until 2003.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/05/10/asia/malaysia-election-mahathir-victory-intl/index.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Cyynthialove(f): 10:57pm On May 10, 2018
Ancestor !

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Okoroawusa: 11:08pm On May 10, 2018
Wait they are coming
They will soon arrive

I mean the youths

23 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by DynasTee: 11:52pm On May 10, 2018
Another recumbent insalubrious old man like Buhari

Selfish individuals
They will soon waste tax payers money for burial

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by HtwoOw: 2:56am On May 11, 2018
And baby factory products have nothing to say ?? They campaigned against Buhari's old age , why aren't they shouting about this ?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 4:06am On May 11, 2018
front page
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by OoshaRe: 5:11am On May 11, 2018
loooooooooool. What do we say about this?? PMB's role model?
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 6:16am On May 11, 2018
That means the man was already in his 30s when Malaysia gained independence from Britain in 1957[as Malaya].

I followed proceedings[as far the Malaysian elections are concerned] before I suddenly lost interest and I can confidently state that the Malaysians opted for a nonagenarian because they wanted to do away with the younger candidate[their former PM] at all cost because of the numerous corruption accusations levelled against him over the years.

Meanwhile,he has promised to quit office by 2020.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Alejoc(m): 6:27am On May 11, 2018
Hope for the not too old to rule grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by michlins(m): 6:57am On May 11, 2018
I just hope that Buhari ear problem is enough to stop him from hearing this news if not eh

He will be sagging his jeans henceforth thinking he's still young man

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Pavore9: 7:01am On May 11, 2018
Buhari go dey yimu to his haters now, while Mugabe will be boiling. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by mpianya39(m): 7:25am On May 11, 2018
HtwoOw:
And baby factory products have nothing to say ?? They campaigned against Buhari's old age , why aren't they shouting about this ?

I hear grin grin

30 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2018
I dnt get this o...at 92years what is he going to offer and how long will he live to perform? someone who have rule before from 1981 to 2003, what did he forget? I know my people in nigeria will use it as a case study for the 75 or 85 years buhari presidential re-election bid come 2019!

9 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by DivneFavour(m): 8:06am On May 11, 2018
92? Why can't these great grandfathers rest and let younger generation rule?

1 Like

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:15am On May 11, 2018
front page please
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by oooduancalmdown: 8:25am On May 11, 2018
DivneFavour:
92? Why can't these great grandfathers rest and let younger generation rule?
Why must the youths rule. You make it seem like old people can't be good leaders. Jonathan was in his early 50s when he became president and yet he failed. The people that couped Nigeria in the first republic were youths. Just because Nigeria is a failed state does not mean you should blame its failure on your leaders' age. Nigerians just like looking for excuse. Donald trump became america's president at 70. Japan's prime minister is 64. You need a right system for your country to work. Without it, no leader, regardless of their age will perform well. Nigeria has 200 ethnic groups. Now that is not a good way to start

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2018
He has already been sworn in, but I think Malaysians will regret his choice as PM.
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:02am On May 11, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Why must the youths rule. You make it seem like old people can't be good leaders. Jonathan was in his early 50s when he became president and yet he failed. The people that couped Nigeria in the first republic were youths. Just because Nigeria is a failed state does not mean you should blame its failure on your leaders' age. Nigerians just like looking for excuse. Donald trump became america's president at 70. Japan's prime minister is 64. You need a right system for your country to work. Without it, no leader, regardless of their age will perform well. Nigeria has 200 ethnic groups. Now that is not a good way to start

Well said,but you got me lost where you said having 200 ethnic groups 'is not a good way to start.

I remind you,sir,that Nigeria is not the only multi-ethnic or culturally heterogeneous country/entity on the face of the Earth. As a matter of fact,the reason we are experiencing so much rancour as a country is down to the fact that we are yet to renegotiate the basis and workings of our union and as a result it has become overtly problematic in the long-run.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Bossontop(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2018
undecided
Ninety wetin??.....i give up mhen!!!

3 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by neolboy(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
Chaiii

Why are these old men greedy of power and they keep saying youths are the leaders of tomorrow

Adult are still the leaders of yesterday, today and tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Kobicove(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
WTF! angry
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by sotall(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
Ok
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Sirpaul(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
selfish leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by obailala(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
When we thought we had seen it all...
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Jflex07(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2018
Thread for buhari media cows and useless afonjas to masturbate and cum

4 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by DIKEnaWAR: 9:07am On May 11, 2018
Buhari would cheer this kind of news.

Watch BMC and Osi bobo the fraud and dwarf celebrate this news.

4 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by DonCortino: 9:07am On May 11, 2018
Zombies will love this news, forgetting that this man went to school. tongue unlike the one that presented nepa bill as certificate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Bizibi(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2018
Hehehehehehe.....
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:08am On May 11, 2018
This won't vindicate Buhari the senile FAILURE

2 Likes

Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by peacengine(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2018
Age should not be a barrier, congratulations oga
Re: 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election by martineverest(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2018
buhari is a learner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria- South Africa F A Q s / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait / Iran Attack: U.S Foreign Affairs House Committee Cautions Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.