Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car (30187 Views)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates / Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by laluski(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2018
I recently got an army sticker and banner for my car.few weeks later police pulled me over and took me to their station asking why I must have it in my car.that don't I know that's impersonation?.they now said I should call my brother Inlaw who gave it to me(and happened to have gone back to Maiduguri) to come and answer why he must give me such and they in turn will call military police for him.

Do they have such right to seize it from me. I see other cars and jeeps having it.don't know if anyone has had a similar experience

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2018
laluski:
I recently got an army sticker and banner for my car.few weeks later police pulled me over and took me to their station asking why I must have it in my car.that don't I know that's impersonation?.they now said I should call my brother Inlaw who gave it to me(and happened to have gone back to Maiduguri) to come and answer why he must give me such and they in turn will call military police for him.

Do they have such right to seize it from me. I see other cars and jeeps having it.don't know if anyone has had a similar experience

you are not a past or present personnel. vehicle is not registered in the name of any past or present personnel. Sticker you placed on your vehicle identifies you as being an affiliate or a past or serving member of the Nigerian military.

Are you an affiliate by marriage? grin

You would have jejely paid the 5k.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by thebigkendo(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2018
laluski:

If you were clean shaved with the army sticker, No police will stop you

NB: Place horse-whip(koboko) in your dashboard grin grin

170 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by laluski(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you are not a past or present personnel. vehicle is not registered in the name of any past or present personnel. Sticker you placed on your vehicle identifies you as being an affiliate or a past or serving member of the Nigerian military.

Gazzuzz marriage by proxy dey na grin

9 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by laivwire(m): 11:13pm On May 11, 2018
I did but mine wasn't ugly as I am actually affiliated. I have an ID as well but they still stopped to question and confirm especially due to my beards. That is for a banner.

Not being affiliated and carrying any insignia with you can be termed impersonation because you're using it as an easy way out under false pretense.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Nobody: 4:24am On May 12, 2018
With everything on the ground, it's stickers on a motor vehicle that is the biggest issue?

21 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by laluski(m): 6:01am On May 12, 2018
I vex o.last last dem collect 1k for my hand come sieze am

5 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2018
laluski:

You don't need a sticker brother....
Just be like me, when you are stopped, just greet in Hausa and mention the name of the Baraks you just came out of grin

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Nobody: 6:36am On May 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:
With everything on the ground, it's stickers on a motor vehicle that is the biggest issue?

Stickers(police, navy army, office of the governor) , banners, sirens, cop lights etal are big business in lagos as people procure them to use as intimidation of other drivers or the different LEOs in lagos.

Sort of like the way some people borrow uniforms of their soldier or police friends and go out on shakedowns.

I have seen area boys doing the same - harassing a guy in a military uniform for cash. They somehow knew he was not a soldier.

Police love catching people 'impersonating'.

I was with a subordinate in traffic. In his official pickup. Next thing the guy turns on a siren. I didn't say anything. The day the guy gets into trouble, he better not call me is all.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Here in Maiduguri the police,Army or Airforce do not intimidate the General Public grin Out of every 5 human walking on the streets here in Maiduguri is a military personnel. Here we do not judge military personnel with beards because most of them in the Bushes keep Beards grin

Any Nairalander based in Maiduguri? It's Sunday Chilling

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by izzou(m): 7:08am On May 13, 2018
grin

Those policemen are actually cowards undecided

They should have charged you to court for impersonation.

Are you a military personnel? undecided Some of you are actually the problem we have in this country. So because your uncle or whoever is in the army, that means you should have used their camouflage to sew agbada angry

You're lucky it's not their military police on patrol that stopped you

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by klins4213(m): 7:09am On May 13, 2018
shocked
Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by RhemaGardensAge: 7:10am On May 13, 2018
Some people self, u be soldier?

13 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by YorubaEmir: 7:10am On May 13, 2018
laluski:

Did you bother to ask the owners of "other cars and jeeps" if they are impersonating like you?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by pweshboi(m): 7:12am On May 13, 2018
Please if you're not affiliated to anything military just respect yourself and do away with the stickers and banners. Your church or mosque or office place sticker no do you?

13 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by acenazt: 7:12am On May 13, 2018
Hahhahhaha my Man. It is IMPERSONATION.

You are lucky they are not good guys. You for end up in court. Next time Cut you hair low and do away with the beards.

1 Like

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by talk2percy(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2018
In fact I want to leave Nigeria, I am tired �
Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Adedove(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2018
Go through the Nigerian Army Colour (Prohibition) Act, then you will realise you deserve serving at most 6 months imprisonment for your misdemeanour. If you fell into my hands, I would deal with u like a baby.

22 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by stano2(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2018
Yes, e don cast, every Nigerian that owns a car now has one pasted on his/her car.
Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Ibkdon: 7:18am On May 13, 2018
U can have their sticker on ur vehicle. Its never a crime provided u are a HONOURABLE MEMBER of their officer's mess. And the sticker will state it as well that u are a honourable member of their officer's mess. Then u will be issued an ID card which is renewable. With that ure safe but its never a yardstick to cause troubles.
And if u are stopped or questioned u will show them ur ID card and if truely ure a member u can call any of the excos of the mess which will in turn speak with the police that stopped u and then identify u as their member.
Thanks

40 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by hamid6249: 7:18am On May 13, 2018
must you copy .......serves u right

4 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by computerglobal(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin na by birth

Boss,you ve said it all

1 Like

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by tellwisdom: 7:19am On May 13, 2018
You are only allowed to use it if you are affiliated. If you do not have any family in the military, it's wrong to have it on your car.

It is not an offence at all.( Shows your affiliation to a military) not impersonation and don't let any police deceive you about that.

Be it emblem or sticker. All the same, your charisma and confidence can always help you in every situation whether with sticker or not.

8 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Meiney: 7:20am On May 13, 2018
Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by computerglobal(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

If you were clean shaved with the army sticker, No police will stop you

NB: Place horse-whip(koboko) in your dashboard grin grin

grin

Oga what about if it was the military police that stopped him ?

5 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by damiBJ: 7:23am On May 13, 2018
laluski:

Its not allowed for a serving military personnel to hand or paste it in there vehicle....because of security reasons...plz dnt try such anymire because of MP....army military police catch u ehnn

3 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by ahamonyeka(m): 7:24am On May 13, 2018
I do not think there is anything wrong there provided you are not misusing it or use it to bully others,is just like when you putting on a carmo and an army stopped you on the road if you are not a military man tell them you are but,a brother or father is a military who gave it to you ,you can put a call across to him to speak with them.

there is no offence putting the sticker on your windscreen.

1 Like

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Laredojohn(m): 7:24am On May 13, 2018
It's impersonation, most especially if you have nothing to do with the police, military or armed forces most people in shady businesses and the likes use it as undercover to evade police questioning...

6 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by gidzbobby: 7:25am On May 13, 2018
Except u were looking bushy with ur hair or ur beards. My mum has the sticker on her ride, and my old man too with a horse whip in front. They are not in the military either. My Cadet belt was what i placed on the dash board of my mum's ride. Tho' ion have a license to drive, i still drive as far as lekki with their cars and no Baga has ever stopped me for questions.

NB: I was in the Cadet, when I attended Nigerian Navy Secondary School.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by Mpanyi: 7:26am On May 13, 2018
I love that action by police. You see all sorts of banners and poster conspicuously hung in front of vehicles. For what? Is it to intimidate other users of the road or law enforcement agencies. You will see stickers and banners for Army, Navy, Airforce, police, community policing, even lasmata. Haba! I somehow know it's because of police disturbances on the road they put up al this nonsense. But it's an abuse of institutions! Let there be order. Even the force banners and stickers can endanger the life of their users if they happen to run into armed criminals. So why use it?

3 Likes

Re: Having Military Stickers And Banners On Your Car by koolaid87: 7:29am On May 13, 2018
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.