Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,953,995 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

What Is Code And How Does It Work? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Code And How Does It Work? (971 Views)

Learn How To Code And Make Money $$$ / Possible To Code And Maintain A Blog With Just Html And Css? / Learn How To Code And Get A Free Domain And Free Hosting For A Year!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Code And How Does It Work? by dominzy(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2018
What is code?

Code is sets of rules and instructions, written in a specific programming language, that helps us talk to machines.

Just as humans speak different languages, so do machines. There are hundreds of programming languages, each suited to different tasks. 

Coders are people who understand and work with these languages on a daily basis.

So, what does a coder do? Coders are the architects and builders of the digital world. They use code to create programs that run on most of the machines you see and use every day: from laptops to phones, TVs, cars and internet-connected fridges.

In fact, the device you’re using right now to listen to this lesson has a complex program that makes sure the screen, speakers, microchip and ‘you’ work together in harmony. 

To build these programs, coders write small sequences of tasks that they want the machines to perform. We call these sequences ‘algorithms’.

For example, cars, have computer programs that monitor all of their systems. An algorithm within a car’s program could be the following: “If a button is pressed on the car’s dashboard, make the engine status appear on the screen.”

The amount of code can range from just a thousand lines, which a simple mobile phone game would need to run, to over 2 billion lines, like the code that powers....continue reading here»» http://www.dominzyloaded.com/2018/05/what-is-code-and-how-does-it-work.html

Re: What Is Code And How Does It Work? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:23am On May 12, 2018
I don't need to click your link..I can watch all about codes and algorithms on YouTube for free. you bloggers should find something else to do pls...
Re: What Is Code And How Does It Work? by vickzdvipe(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
I don't need to click your link..I can watch all about codes and algorithms on YouTube for free. you bloggers should find something else to do pls...
You're funny you know? Ignorant ode!
Re: What Is Code And How Does It Work? by dominzy(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
Everyone is entitled to his/her choices

(1) (Reply)

Know About Information Security And Become Master Of This Field / I Hope That I Will Not Have To Redo Everything. / Web Developer, Android And IOS Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.