Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

"Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop (438 Views)

Why Did God Allow An Innocent Girl To Be Raped And Killed In His Church? / Rape: Prophet T.B Joshua Raped Me, Trapped Me In Synagogue For 14 Years – Woman / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by Niflheim(m): 12:03pm On May 12, 2018
These are the people who claim that atheism is a mental illness!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

FULL STORY:

A CATHOLIC bishop and former president of the Church's Irish seminary has said abortion "was far worse than rape" for women who have experienced both.

Bishop of Ossory, Monsignor Dermot Farrell, was discussing the Republic's May 25 referendum on repealing the Eighth Amendment of the Irish Constitution.

The Eighth Amendment gives equal protection to life of the mother and the unborn child, underpinning abortion legislation in the south.

He was asked by Pat Kenny, on the broadcaster's Newstalk show today, for his views on the use of abortion in cases of rape and incest. The bishop had been invited on the programme to discuss a pastoral letter to churches in his diocese urging a no vote by parishioners.

"Rape is a violent act and it is a violent crime against women, and it is a terrible crime," he said.

[/b]"What I understand, from women who have been raped is that the abortion sometimes after rape was far worse than the rape itself. And it was much, much more difficult to get over."[b]

Mgr Farrell, who was ordained bishop on March, said issues where a woman or girl became pregnant through incest were "difficult cases... complex cases".

"We might not like how the child has been conceived," he said.

"What you are trying to do is balance rights here. The right of life to the child is paramount."

Bishop Farrell said if the repeal was passed the "experience has been the case in other countries that once the doors are open the legislation becomes far more permissive".

The link:....................................https://www.irishnews.com/news/2018/05/12/news/bishop-women-find-abortion-worse-than-rape--1327977/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by aristocrazzy: 12:12pm On May 12, 2018
After reading it carefully I've realized that the bishop makes sense in his words and the rights of an unborn child should be catered for as well as ensuring harsh punishment of rapists. NGOs and government agencies should collaborate in helping rape victims.

2 Likes

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by hopefulLandlord: 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by Ubenedictus(m): 10:53pm On May 12, 2018
I read his direct words, not the sensational headline... and I can find no fault in it. he talked about his own encounter with such women and their experience.

it seems you are just looking for a reason to criticize the guy, from what I hear abortion itself can be a pretty traumatic experience... I know the Catholic church in America spend hugely to offer counselling to women traumatized by abortion.

if in the experience of those he met an abortion can be more traumatic than rape, who are you to state that their experience is incorrect, on what basis do you criticise their submission.

have you been raped then have an abortion so you can fault the experience of those who have?

1 Like

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by amidel(m): 11:00pm On May 12, 2018
OP, change the topic. why trying to misquote the man.

1 Like

Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by CodeTemplar: 2:29am On May 13, 2018
True in a sense.
Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by orunto27: 4:56am On May 13, 2018
In our society and around us, we want orderliness and Peace.
Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by Heathen777(m): 8:48pm On May 31, 2018
CodeTemplar:
True in a sense.

More like it's true that you have no sense.
Re: "Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop by CodeTemplar: 9:08pm On May 31, 2018
Heathen777:

More like it's true that you have no sense.
Please read the OP again and realize what the message is. Headlines can be deceptive at first glance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Problem Is Compounded Because Of Foreign Religions / Man's Re-enthronement To The Supernatural Realm / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/06/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.