Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,762 members, 7,955,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:11 PM

Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America (6224 Views)

Air Peace: Allen Onyema Welcomes Back Nigerians From South Africa (photos / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 7:59pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:

But it makes sense that they immediately start acting on the contents of a document that does not exist right?

Hian.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Chuchunana: 9:19pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
What do you know when you have no business with drivers licence talk more of US Embassy, go jor!

How would you know...would you even know an American visa if you saw one.

Your comments reek of pure ignorance...#bliss #fakery #deception

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by biacan(f): 10:19pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:
They are being revoked at Canada's request not any document that was signed
Mynd so you mean canada will tell the US what to do smiley

1 Like

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Mynd44: 10:26pm On May 12, 2018
biacan:
Mynd so you mean canada will tell the US what to do smiley
It means America does not even want to give people Visas in the first place and will use Canada as an excuse

5 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by biacan(f): 10:32pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:

It means America does not even want to give people Visas in the first place and will use Canada as an excuse
So now that means no more visa for Nigerians embarassed

Having problems with my mail.......Good evening smiley
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Mynd44: 10:38pm On May 12, 2018
biacan:
So now that means no more visa for Nigerians embarassed

Having problems with my mail.......Good evening smiley
It means it will be strict and not as easy as it used to be

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by biacan(f): 10:41pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:

It means it will be strict and not as easy as it used to be
Oh now I get

I hope you'll be attending lalas wedding smiley
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by meobizy(f): 11:01pm On May 12, 2018
Nothing new here. Our president was probably signing a visitors' logbook.

My only qualm is why these bastard embassies don't refund one's money after rejection. Many people granted visas confided to me the officials secretly told them they had no idea why they reject Nigerians, they only find it enjoyable.
The experience wey pepper my soul na when I apply for one seminar visit with 150 other Nigerians, the embassy rejected 149 people and accepted only 1 person. See money gone down the drain.

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Nobody: 2:04am On May 13, 2018
Agbaletu:
I don't know if I should believe this story. My friend left for the USA last week to attend a conference and he got 6 months stay at the POE. He has never travelled out of this country before.
This story get as it be o.

Of course it’s lies.

People like to flame the fires of hysteria on here.

3 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by queenfav(f): 6:40am On May 13, 2018
Well,it's high time our country contained us! I applied for US visa in June 2017.The Vo didn't even ask any questions to know my financial standing, nothing! She asked why am travelling to the U. S ( for Vacation) and also if am married (i was engaged then), she then handed me d rejection letter.
I spent over a 100k on that useless waka. The fact that my mum is legally resident in the U. S didn't even count for anything! She was actually the one disturbing me to come visit, else my country sabi contain me well well!
After that experience, i just begged her never to mention anything "U.S VISA" to me again, even if she is paying!

My uncle also applied that same month, he wasn't even interviewed for up to 2 mins before he was denied visa. He still reapplied in December 2017 against my warnings not to. This time he was told that that has been issued visa for two years. He was so happy and started making plans to travel. He was seriously looking for buyers for his electronics and making plans to book. Flight to U. S. I just thank God that those plans didn't succeed for one reason or another.

When he picked up his passport, there was a rejection letter inside. No reason whatsoever was given. His visa had been revoked. What if he had succeeded in selling his properties, subletting his house and booking for flight? My uncle cried for days, he became depressed. I kept on encouraging him to trust that it was God's will.
That was how he wasted good pursuing U. S visa!

My advice for anyone that feels his or her destiny is tied to U. S is to see the application fee as a gamble. The visa fee isn't refunded after denial!Else,let's all allow our country contain us o. I learnt the hard way from my uncle's experience that the U. S Embassy is just feeding off the desperation of Nigerians to travel. I dey my country and am not suffering at all. There are things here that you can do to make money.

People should stop dashing U. S embassy 60k plus as visa fee. Use that money to start something! A mature man fries big akara at my estate junction. The akara is well garnished with big crayfish so people rush it a lot. The day I saw him inside the estate, he told me he came to supervise workers for his building foundation. I was shook! Akara d man sells 50 naira each, was what he used to buy land of over 2million?For something he does in than 5 hours daily?And many people would see him and even pity him. Not knowing d man is a silent millionaire!
Running to U. S isn't d answer at all. People are making it in Nigeria, I am a living proof of that. The Trump administration had already made it clear that Nigerians are not going to have a welcome stay there. So it beats me why people still want to die on top the matter o. Anytime abroad hungry me for vacation, Dubai is there.. Even Gambia is a beautiful beach country. I go there, relax and shop then return to my hair empire am building in Nigeria! My country is useless, i agree.. Yet many here are making it in a legit way. The solution doesn't lie in running abroad!

6 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by sly4reall: 8:39am On May 13, 2018
I assumed Ur uncle did not apply for US immigrants visa! So why will he start selling his electronics or plan to sublet his house, you can see clearly that your uncle was planning to violate the provision of the B1/B2 visit visa he was issued, and the US embassy got wind of it and gave him a rejection..Most people get visa because of genuine needs.

U will agree with me that most people abuse the provision s of their visa hence the huge rejection rate.

3 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Lalas247(f): 8:59am On May 13, 2018
Mynd44:

well we knew this would happen ..after UK I knew USA would be next caused the rate at which Nigerian migrate is alarming ... and its not shocking under trump...
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Lalas247(f): 9:00am On May 13, 2018
sly4reall:
I assumed Ur uncle did not apply for US immigrants visa! So why will he start selling his electronics or plan to sublet his house, you can see clearly that your uncle was planning to violate the provision of the B1/B2 visit visa he was issued, and the US embassy got wind of it and gave him a rejection..Most people get visa because of genuine needs.

U will agree with me that most people abuse the provision s of their visa hence the huge rejection rate.
most abuse it ... some won't leave after its expired ...
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:58am On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
It doesn't make sense that they will immediately start acting on Canada's request at detriment to the integrity of their Visa process

It makes sense because some Nigerians are using US tourist visa as a means to cross over to Canada and it's becoming worrisome to the Canadian government.

I heard about it on the radio last week that the Canadian government was going to send their official to the US embassy here in Nigeria to tackle this issue of visa abuse.

4 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 1:59pm On May 13, 2018
ferhyntorlah:

It makes sense because some Nigerians are using US tourist visa as a means to cross over to Canada and it's becoming worrisome to the Canadian government.

I heard about it on the radio last week that the Canadian government was going to send their official to the US embassy here in Nigeria to tackle this issue of visa abuse.
Saw it online too. Its really weird though. Different officials from two different countries in one Embassy.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by salford1: 2:37pm On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Saw it online too. Its really weird though. Different officials from two different countries in one Embassy.
While both are different countries, they are also cousins and share a lot of history together. The economy of Canada is heavily tied to that of the US. The US is Canada's largest trading partner. In present times, they work and share all sort of information together, so it is easy for them to continue to work together for a common good.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 2:39pm On May 13, 2018
salford1:

While both are different countries, they are also cousins and share a lot of history together. The economy of Canada is highly tied to the economy of the US. The US is Canada's largest trading partner. In present times, they work and share all sort of information together, so it is easy for them to continue to work together for a common good.
But trump has been giving them tough time. It seems Canada is more dependent on the states.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by salford1: 6:57pm On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
But trump has been giving them tough time. It seems Canada is more dependent on the states.
Yes just as I mentioned. The United State is Canada's biggest trading partner. Their bilateral relationship is one of the closest and most extensive in the world.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 7:31pm On May 13, 2018
salford1:

Yes just as I mentioned. The United State is Canada's biggest trading partner. Their bilateral relationship is one of the closest and most extensive in the world.
From what you've said I really don't see what will happen if USA refuses to comply with Canada's request. Especially since Canada actually depends more on the states.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by salford1: 7:56pm On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
From what you've said I really don't see what will happen if USA refuses to comply with Canada's request. Especially since Canada actually depends more on the states.
It is not like they have to comply, but they would surely work together for their own good over that of Nigeria.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by salford1: 8:01pm On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:

It is common knowledge that they share information. and work together when it comes to immigration too. If you frequently visit the various Canada visas threads on Nairaland, people have been denied visas for not declaring a previous refusal of a US visa application and vice versa. They only need to enhance whatever agreement they have with regards to immigration processing at their embassies.

1 Like

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 8:18pm On May 13, 2018
salford1:

It is not like they have to comply, but they would surely work together for their own good over that of Nigeria.
Relationship. I see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG May Convert Arik, Aero Contractors To National Carriers / How To Get Qatar Visa / Boeing Removes Dennis Muilenburg As Chairman Amid 737 Max Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.