Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour (36905 Views)

Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" / Qantas Airlines Is The World’s Safest Airline For 2019.See The Top 20 Safest / Singapore Airlines Is The World's Best Airline For 2019.See Top 10 Best Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by hot1sauce(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2018
AfonjaBoston:
Truth be told some Africans stink. I hear Caucasians and African Americans say it all the time. There is a distinct smell that just oozes out of some African women and men, same with Garlic smell from Indians and onion smell from Hispanics.

White people have their own smell . its the rotten bacon smell God help you if you have to use the bathroom after a Caucasian male or female.

Is a pungent smell in of course a pressurized plane enough grounds for ejection?
Interesting case for both sides of the aisle in a favorable court

Eat right, invest in cologne/perfume, floss and use mouth wash, do not wear the same clothes you use in cooking your egusi and okporoko out and these kinda shoot won't happen

Truly everyone smells! its true black, white even aliens i'm sure have their distinct smell.... but the truth is no matter how much spray, deo or whatever chemical u want to use to disguise this some people are just not clean period. in Nigeria its arguable to say that we have a culture of packaging spurred by the desire to mask our insecurities and appear to be clean to meet the pressures of being accepted by society. some people make I tell u.... dirty no dey show for face.... they don't use toilet paper to clean their anus properly or soap to bathe well.... even check the fine fine cloth that they will argue with bus driver about how the dust from his vehicle is making their body to be dirty.... if u see what's underneath. I think the moral of the story is lets keep it clean and not give these racist bastards an excuse to fire and shoot us down
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by humurphia(m): 3:35pm On May 13, 2018
i cant stand body odour
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 13, 2018
transformed:
to you the initial altercation by the same man that accused her of pungent smell doesn't matter...useless Nigerian with a slavish brain. Ode oshi
that was her side of the story you brain dead fish..of course she will skewer it in her favour..another typical trait of lazy Nigerian youth..never wait to take all accounts in before passing judgment
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by SIRTee15: 3:55pm On May 13, 2018
AfonjaBoston:
Truth be told some Africans stink. I hear Caucasians and African Americans say it all the time. There is a distinct smell that just oozes out of some African women and men, same with Garlic smell from Indians and onion smell from Hispanics.

White people have their own smell . its the rotten bacon smell God help you if you have to use the bathroom after a Caucasian male or female.

Is a pungent smell in of course a pressurized plane enough grounds for ejection?

Eat right, invest in cologne/perfume, floss and use mouth wash, do not wear the same clothes you use in cooking your egusi and okporoko out and these kinda shoot won't happen

all what u wrote there is rubbish....
and I presume u seriously have a slavery mentality....
a kind of house nigga.....
that scenario is simply an abuse of white privilege.....
if it was the Nigerian woman that complained about a white man smelling, will they bounce him off the plane.....
u just be giving excuse for rubbish.....
that was how a white lady reported a black woman to the police in Yale college....
simply because she was sleeping in the common room of her apartment.....
and some mofos were saying maybe its an offence to sleep in Yale's common room....
that's why I forever respect Robert Mugabe.....
he showed them who's the real boss......
not some ass licking African leaders who cant stand up for themselves or their people....
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Litmus: 3:57pm On May 13, 2018
Whites stinck more than any other set of people. Often they smell raw, the sort of sickening smell that you sometimes get from washed dishes. As for the Nigerian woman, she was just a victim of racism, smell was just an excuse.And another thing, when whites sometimes mention someone stincks, the are often making reference to strong cologne, perfumes or deodorants worn by the individual and not their body odor.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 13, 2018
ojlifa:
you must be mad.you suffer from what we refer to as slave mentality,in your case it is deep slave mentality

and you're suffering from serious illiteracy.. where you there to judge what really happened? You take the account of a disgruntled customer and immediately pass judgment.. the idea that that airline, which I use frequently by the way, is racist is an unbelievably stupid thing to say. A passenger cannot be kicked off without the captains consent and for the captain to leave his cockpit to kick off a passenger, you know it is for something serious. Illiterates like you who have never left your local government and don't know how these things work will be the first to come online and shout racism because that must be the only reason for every misfortune a Nigerian faces abroad inspite of our well known loud and unruly behaviour. You better park well oga.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 13, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Bros until you witness or be a victim of racism.. then you will understand how white people think.. They hate us and complain we have a Nigga smell...
I highly doubt that airline which I know well and is an extremely professional airline would kick off a passenger without probable cause. You know how many white people get kicked off daily? But it only makes news when it happens to a black person. Be more objective oga.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 13, 2018
YelloweWest:

Abeg keep quite.

Clearly you have never been on an international flight.

A woman who can cough out 3.5m each to buy business class tickets for herself and kids can afford soap!

The white man was clearly a racist and the pilot just took his word without hearing from the woman.
you're an I'm.becile for suggesting I have never been on an international flight. You clearly think I walked to the UK and US where I obtained my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees respectively. Having money to buy soap has nothing to do with not being mindful of personal hygiene..you obviously lack comprehensive skills. My point is that you cannot just listen to her account and pass judgment without getting the full story. I know that airline and the idea they are racist is stupid. They will only kick you off for good reason and they kick many white people off daily but you don't hear about it till it happens to one black person.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 13, 2018
justtoodark:

dont even dare defend dem here....thunda fiiiiireeeeee you.....
I am defending objectivity and not rushing to conclusion because she is Nigerian. Which is what a slowpoke will do
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by hot1sauce(m): 4:09pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
and you're suffering from serious illiteracy.. where you there to judge what really happened? You take the account of a disgruntled customer and immediately pass judgment.. the idea that that airline, which I use frequently by the way, is racist is an unbelievably stupid thing to say. A passenger cannot be kicked off without the captains consent and for the captain to leave his cockpit to kick off a passenger, you know it is for something serious. Illiterates like you who have never left your local government and don't know how these things work will be the first to come online and shout racism because that must be the only reason for every misfortune a Nigerian faces abroad inspite of our well known loud and unruly behaviour. You better park well oga.

"our well known loud and unruly behaviour" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I'm dying absolutely dead!
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by dalass(f): 4:10pm On May 13, 2018
Milllz:

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/amp/Nigerian-passenger-in-Houston-says-United-12908304.php

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/woman-kicked-off-united-flight-032438798.html
I am not interested to check out the name.... Thank God she's from the cleanest tribe in Nigeria and not a Yoluba lady... .... Ejected from business class for being Pungent fa? Lol!
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 13, 2018
udemzy101:

This post is full of sh1t, she's a frequent flyer means she sit with the same person everytime she flies?

Remember the person sitting down next to her reported to the staffer.
it is the staff that kicked her off oga not the other passenger. They will not have kicked her off just because a white man told them to..they must have had good reason for the captain to approve ejecting her. Knowing Nigerian women, my guess is she got wild and caused a scene on the plane.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 13, 2018
afamaustin:
u ar mad one day u will face racism in a bus not even in a plan
hahaha dummy I have seen what TRUE racism looks like that's why I laugh at you whiney kids when you cry racism at every slight difficulty you have in life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
it is the staff that kicked her off oga not the other passenger. They will not have kicked her off just because a white man told them to..they must have had good reason for the captain to approve ejecting her. Knowing Nigerian women, my guess is she got wild and caused a scene on the plane.

Oga go and read the post again, that's all I can say.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 13, 2018
Mollydee88:
You are just Pathetic, with this stupid comment of yours!!!
You can see your life right in your hands.
Based on the story; why would you believe she might be at fault. You see where Inferiority complex is leading you to.

And what if she really stank; You tell me, there are no other ways to resolve it than to eject a whole family off a plane!! For crying out loud, dead and terribly sick people are airlifted with normal passengers for your information.
I refer you to my previous replies to other mo.rons like you on this thread. Have a nice day.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 13, 2018
udemzy101:

Oga go and read the post again, that's all I can say.
I wish you would read the post first and realise everything stated there was HER account of what happened. How do you listen to one person's account and pass judgment? I believe she is lying or overexaggerating what happened
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I wasn't there so I can only go by my own experience.

I simply cannot believe that the event occurred as stated. She's a Woman and one that is travelling with children. Most Air Hostesses are Women. I just do not see a female air hostess siding with a male against a mother with children unless the situation was dire.

I also believe that it will take the Captains involvement to get her bounced and not just an air hostess.

The Airline will settle out of court.
the only reasonable person on this thread that is smart enough to know that the woman's account of what led to her being kicked off, which is what is given in the article, might be misleading. All these other im.beciles are just quoting me and talking anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
I wish you would read the post first and realise everything stated there was HER account of what happened. How do you listen to one person's account and pass judgment? I believe she is lying or overexaggerating what happened

Did she board the plane with her children, yes or no?

What could have made her stay back for 5 hours? Cos she want to lie and sue the airline?

If she's over exaggerating, did it happen or not?
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
the only reasonable person on this thread that is smart enough to know that the woman's account of what led to her being kicked off, which is what is given in the article, might be misleading. All these other im.beciles are just quiting me and talking anyhow.

Unfortunately, we have to take the hills with the valleys on Nairaland.

You can see the effects of Cheap Chinese android clones coupled with awoof data.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by RaptorX: 4:28pm On May 13, 2018
Until you travel out of Nigeria and come back after a couple of years will you realise that Nigerians have body odours. When in Nigeria your nose get used to the smell and you don't notice and people cannot smell themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 13, 2018
udemzy101:

Did she board the plane with her children, yes or no?

What could have made her stay back for 5 hours? Cos she want to lie and sue the airline?

If she's over exaggerating, did it happen or not?
all we know for fact is that she was kicked off the plane..what we don't know is the series of events that led to her being kicked off..that is where the article is at fault because it describes the incident based on the woman's own account which will obviously be biased towards her..we need to get the accounts of the airline, the other passenger and other witnesses before we can fully judge what happened. That is all I am saying that all these lazy youths quoting me don't seem to understand.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:

Very possible and there’s zero tolerance amongst some flight crew.

Nobody wants to deal with craziness at 30,000 feet grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by hot1sauce(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
all we know for fact is that she was kicked off the plane..what we don't know is the series of events that led to her being kicked off..that is where the article is at fault because it describes the incident based on the woman's own account which will obviously be biased towards her..we need to get the accounts of the airline, the other passenger and other witnesses before we can fully judge what happened. That is all I am saying that all these lazy youths quoting me don't seem to understand.
Ahhh clearly this guy is a lawyer.... but with due respects sir and removing all sentiments from this surely u can see why people are annoyed about this. u cant disagree that there is no case to say that whether or not the lady in question was actually kicked off the plane with her children by the airline was not motivated by some kind of racial undertone..... or do u sincerely feel that if she was not a person of colour they would have handled the situation differently?
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by rafcrown(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2018
SUE THEM WITH VIGOUR..MONEY £££$$$$

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by mercyville: 4:51pm On May 13, 2018
dalass:
I am not interested to check out the name.... Thank God she's from the cleanest tribe in Nigeria and not a Yoluba lady... .... Ejected from business class for being Pungent fa? Lol!
A thief will never accept that he is a thief.Igbos had always have this distinct pungent smell.Maybe it is their culture of not bathing for seven days and drinking dead body water.I can't stand pungent smell either.Thank God the white people quickly alerted the captain before she caused a major accident that will make hearts bleed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by isalegan2: 4:51pm On May 13, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Another source:

Fake hair that can't be washed often could be another reason. Honestly, wearing weave or any form of hair extensions during the hot summer is a no-no if you're unable to keep it fresh or use refreshing scent to mask any odour. I don't know how Brazilian hair and that stuff is so popular in Naija now. When you see group pictures of women now, more than half of them are wearing stuffy hair that makes them sweat in the face.(I think the old style hair plaiting, braiding or cornrows that allow air to get to your scalp is better in hot weather).

I don't know if this was the woman's issue. Regardless, she'll get a settlement out if it. Hope her lawyers don't eat the money. And all she's left with is an eternal search result on Google labelling her "pungent."
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Ofemannnu: 5:01pm On May 13, 2018
mercyville:

A thief will never accept that he is a thief.Igbos had always have this distinct pungent smell.Maybe it is their culture of not bathing for seven days and drinking dead body water.I can't stand pungent smell either.Thank God the white people quickly alerted the captain before she caused a major accident that will make hearts bleed.

I think I am the only person who perceives that distinct pungent smell from Igbos.It could be their culture truly.They are the only tribe in Nigeria who had been reported with pungent smell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by isalegan2: 5:14pm On May 13, 2018
RaptorX:
Until you travel out of Nigeria and come back after a couple of years will you realise that Nigerians have body odours. When in Nigeria your nose get used to the smell and you don't notice and people cannot smell themselves.

People can be very clean, bathe morning and night and still exhibit odour. It could be due to not using underarm deodorant.

Other reasons:
- Polyester tops that don't breathe. Meaning, air does not permeate inside the blouse or shirt to your underarm area. Cotton is better.
- Dry cleaner fluid that lingers on the clothes or a bad dry clean job that does not fully refresh the clothes, and you don't know because all you cared about was that the clothes look clean. Until you're out of the house.
- Used clothes that look clean you put on after you shower.
- UNWASHED HAIR. Or washed hair not fully dried.
- SMELLY SHOES! Wear sandals in hot weather, please. Closed shoes were made for cold climate and socks must be worn with them so any odour is absorbed by your washable socks instead of your shoes that rarely can be properly cleaned and erased of smells.

Nevertheless Oyinbo bodies smell more as they shower less and their hair smell like dog when wet! When you smell us it's usually not our bodies but due to some of the above.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Toks2008(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It’s understandable for a woman not to want to sit with two men, regardless of skin color.

When my wife joined me here, one of the first things I did was register her for a martial arts class. Part of that training was to establish safe zones and put distance between her and potential aggressors, Black/white/purple it doesn’t matter.

Anyways, we’ll find out soon enough who’s telling the truth.

With the seat arrangement in trains there is nothing wrong.
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by ojlifa: 5:32pm On May 13, 2018
Very quick to know local champion when think say abroad na heaven,white man na God.my prayer for you is may you travel and may they give you there trade mark treatment .

slyfoxxjoe:
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by 1Sharon(f): 5:34pm On May 13, 2018
To be honest black people smell.
Black ppl have the strongest body odour out of all the races.
Especially africans( haven't noticed in carribeans) , the smell is like a strong smelll of sweat and also a strong stale cooking smell. undecided
Africans immigrants fresh of the boat are the worstttt offenders! they never use deodorant. Our native foods don't help either. The smell of stockfish, iru. I smell it in public all the time

Pls open ur windows when you cook and use deodorant! Stop making the rest of us look bad. There is no need to get offended. Knowledge is power. Always use deodorant. Africans please!
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 13, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada / Visit To The BEACHSIDES Of The West Coast (pacific Ocean) Of The US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.