Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X (1008 Views)

Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / List Of Samsung Devices That Will Get The Android 10 Update / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2018
Android P just came out in beta and I've had the chance to use it for the first few days since Google I/O 2018 and here are my thoughts.
In this video, I explain and compare Android P on the Nokia 7 Plus with the iOS 11 on iPhone X and we see how they are very similar than different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8A-j_k3yg

Android P Beta is currently available on all Pixel Devices and:
on other devices like --

1. Sony Xperia XZ2
2. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
3. Nokia 7 Plus (Device in this video)
4. Oppo R15 Pro
5. Vivo X21UD
6. Vivo X21
7. Essential PH‑1

Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2018
MORE PICTURES

Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Ejadike(m): 11:52pm On May 12, 2018
Android should came down, all devices have not even enjoyed Oreo finish, now they've jumped to P. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Ejadike(m): 11:52pm On May 12, 2018
Good review though
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 12:18am On May 13, 2018
Thanks!!
Ejadike:
Good review though
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 12:22am On May 13, 2018
loool
Ejadike:
Android should came down, all devices have not even enjoyed Oreo finish, now they've jumped to P. Na wa oo
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by ollah2: 12:37am On May 13, 2018
Nice review bro. You nailed it
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2018
Wow! Thank you!
ollah2:
Nice review bro. You nailed it
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 13, 2018
Ejadike:

That's not Google's fault na. They make the software and it's their responsibility to bring out updates to improve it. It's left for other OEM's to either use the software the way Google made it without the skin or join Android one programme and get quicker updates, or put their own skin on it and slow to release update. Personally I don't like stock Android so I prefer Samsung or LG skins, yes I know updates will come slow but I can live with it. So it's ur choice, do u want stock Android and less features or OEM's skin with more features.

However Android p is looking like the real deal, looks like Google has finally added many features that have been missing so I might give stock Android a try.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by ollah2: 1:13pm On May 13, 2018
greenhulk:

That's not Google's fault na. They make the software and it's their responsibility to bring out updates to improve it. It's left for other OEM's to either use the software the way Google made it without the skin or join Android one programme and get quicker updates, or put their own skin on it and slow to release update. Personally I don't like stock Android so I prefer Samsung or LG skins, yes I know updates will come slow but I can live with it. So it's ur choice, do u want stock Android and less features or OEM's skin with more features.

However Android p is looking like the real deal, looks like Google has finally added many features that have been missing so I might give stock Android a try.

Android P is a big upgrade. Over the years, I have never really been interested in the next version of Android because Samsung always make the current one feature packed.

This is the first time in many years that stock android looks decent in my eyes. From the look to the feel, the design and features. But OEMs will take it to the next level which will make me to still buy a non stock phone preferably a Samsung and with the anniversary projected for next year codenamed X or S10, I might just pick it to replace my S8.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 13, 2018
tfortony:
MORE PICTURES

Nice video. Great editing, love the voice over.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 13, 2018
ollah2:

Android P is a big upgrade. Over the years, I have never really been interested in the next version of Android because Samsung always make the current one feature packed.

This is the first time in many years that stock android looks decent in my eyes. From the look to the feel, the design and features. But OEMs will take it to the next level which will make me to still buy a non stock phone preferably a Samsung and with the anniversary projected for next year codenamed X or S10, I might just pick it to replace my S8.

You are right. I think Android p is the biggest upgrade since lollipop. It looks good but Samsung are just going to make it look better anyway. Do u know how long I've been longing for screenshot annotations on stock Android? Or scrolling screenshots which Samsung have been doing for a while now. It even took Google up till nougat to enable split screen.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by ollah2: 1:39pm On May 13, 2018
greenhulk:

You are right. I think Android p is the biggest upgrade since lollipop. It looks good but Samsung are just going to make it look better anyway. Do u know how long I've been longing for screenshot annotations on stock Android? Or scrolling screenshots which Samsung have been doing for a while now. It even took Google up till nougat to enable split screen.

Google messes up sometimes, but they know what they are doing. Android, chrome might just become Fuschia. We wait to see the Android P version of Samsung on X
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2018
Thank you so much!!
greenhulk:

Nice video. Great editing, love the voice over.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by tfortony(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2018
I'm actually also looking forward to what Samsung will do to Android P
greenhulk:

Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Ejadike(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2018
greenhulk:

bro, not that I don't appreciate what you said oo but I'll have to research on the meaning of all you've said before I can give a perfect reply or fully understand what you typed. But I won't mind if you put it in a lay's man language so I can grasp better.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by HeyCorleone(m): 11:24pm On May 13, 2018
greenhulk:

What exactly do OEMs offer apart from bloatware?

Because I use a stock Android phone and there's nothing I'm missing.
Re: Hands On With The Android P Vs Iphone X by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:

What exactly do OEMs offer apart from bloatware?

Because I use a stock Android phone and there's nothing I'm missing.

Bloatware u call it? Have u used a Samsung flagship phone? Can u do split screen on ur stock android prior to the release of androd Nougat? Samsung had that since about 4 yrs ago. Can u do screenshot annotation on stock android? That is ability to take a screenshot and edit it immediately and share without going into gallery and do that. Samsung has been doing that for 3 yrs now. Can u take long screenshot on stock android? Like u want to take screenshot of a webpage, Samsung phones allow u to take the screenshot and continue taking the screenshot scrolling down the page until u capture the whole page.

Can u do multi window on stock android? I'm not talking split screen now, I'm talking real multi tasking, u can open up to 4-5 apps on the screen just like on a desktop. Also u can't uninstall multiple apps at a time on stock android. How about dual apps? Yes Samsung experience allows u to install 2 apps. 2 facebooks, 2 twitter, skype, etc so u can run 2 accts on one phone. Also there is app hiding, Samsung experience allow u to hide apps from ur app drawer which is not available on stock android.

Use volume keys for media

Sometimes, you want to lower your media volume before opening a video or playing your music. However, if there is no media playing, pressing the volume buttons will control your ringer volume — that's how Android operates by default. But the Samsung Interface lets you force the volume buttons to control media volume exclusively. There are other functions like force touch home button. On stock android when ur navigation keys go into hiding, u will have to slide up from down before they appear and then press home button to go home. On Samsung experience just apply pressure on the point where the home button is supposed to be and voila u are home.

In short Samsung experience is what stock android should be.

(1) (Reply)

Apple iPhones May No Longer Use SIM Cards / Finally, See How To Identify Fake Tecno Phones And Batteries / Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Leaked Specs, Price And Launch Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.