Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

I Need Help Integrating Paystack - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help Integrating Paystack (2037 Views)

I Need Help Integrating DHL API In Django / Help: Integrating Remita Payment Gateway For Single Payment/splitting Payment / I Need Help Integrating Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Integrating Paystack by efelico: 2:17am On May 14, 2018
i trying to integrate paystack using the steps highlighted at https://github.com/yabacon/paystack-php. have been able to achieve success to this level,(step 2), where it says "When the user enters their card details, Paystack will validate and charge the card. It will do all the below:

Redirect back to a callback_url set when initializing the transaction or on your dashboard at: https://dashboard.paystack.co/#/settings/developer". but my confusion is step 3, 4, 5 i don't understand the role charge. success and verify transaction is playing and how to implement that in my code. since i already have the transaction ref in my paystack dashboard and my callback url is working from which i can compare the transaction ref before the transaction and after the transaction for a match..thanks
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by romme2u: 5:17am On May 14, 2018
if you don't understand the docs.....

.......contact their technical support for clarification

..........OR get a capable hand to help you

I have gone through their doc n i find it straight forward though i have not integrated their service before
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by afonja112: 7:06am On May 14, 2018
quite simple jare. they even have a javascript version too.
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by loper1: 9:01pm On May 14, 2018
This post should help you

http://orago.com.ng/blog/integrating-paystack/

Cheers
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by infoeag: 11:22pm On May 15, 2018
After the User is done with payment process on Paystack (successful or not) the call back url is the url user will be redirect to. On this page you might want to display success or fail message depending on the status of transaction.

The charge.success is an event you might want to listen for, this is useful if you have other operations that need to be complete for a successful transaction.

For verify transaction: let's say your website give access to some paid content, after payment you will want to verify if that particular transaction is valid by comparing the payment ref on your local db with reference on Paystack, If the transaction is successful, if the right amount was paid etc

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by eaimiesylv(m): 12:33am On May 16, 2018
infoeag:
After the User is done with payment process on Paystack (successful or not) the call back url is the url user will be redirect to. On this page you might want to display success or fail message depending on the status of transaction.

The charge.success is an event you might want to listen for, this is useful if you have other operations that need to be complete for a successful transaction.

For verify transaction: let's say your website give access to some paid content, after payment you will want to verify if that particular transaction is valid by comparing the payment ref on your local db with reference on Paystack, If the transaction is successful, if the right amount was paid etc
onpoint
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by efelico: 1:11am On May 16, 2018
infoeag:

i appreciate your response now i see the difference please kindly help answer this. my own method of verify was like this
step 1 generate a reference and store it in a session
step 2 initialize the payment
step 3 compare the reference number in the call back url with that of the session
but have learnt to do it in the paystack way which is
step 1: generate a reference number
step 2 intitalize the payment
step 3 use paystack api to verify the transaction by passing the returned reference as a value
i don't really see any difference because both method can be affected by network error, browser crash, unexpected shutdown and the rest. thank you bro although i have finally learnt to do it the paystack way.
secondly i have not really understood the work of charge.success since verification is working well
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by infoeag: 4:59pm On May 19, 2018
You are doing it the right way, except personally I will make use of database

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by efelico: 1:09am On May 20, 2018
infoeag:
You are doing it the right way, except personally I will make use of database
thank you. i really appreciate
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by kunletoks(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2018
I posted a detailed explanation here about the paystack integration here on May 14 but my post was deleted and blocked from replying to the thread.
Re: I Need Help Integrating Paystack by infoeag: 5:04am On May 23, 2018
efelico:

thank you. i really appreciate
You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Tools And Software For Learning How To Hack / A Simple Explanation Of Functions And Stacks / Programming Language For Electrical Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.