Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal (1131 Views)

Dangote Moves To Buy 16% Stake In Arsenal / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) / Abrahamovich's Wife To Bid For Arsenal FC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 23, 2010
A Nigerian billionaire is planning to enter the race to buy a 16% stake in Arsenal, according to a report today.

According to The Sunday Times, Aliko Dangote – who is one of Africa's richest men – has registered his interest in the shareholding that is being sold by the club's fourth-largest investor, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith.

Other contenders include the two biggest current investors, the American sports entrepreneur Stan Kroenke and the Russian oligarch Alisher Usmanov, who would have to launch a full takeover bid if they secured the extra 16% stake.

Dangote, a Nigerian industrialist, has stood for president of the Nigerian football association and is believed to have donated to the Nigerian national team.

Dangote founded a manufacturing empire, the Dangote Group, and was formerly the head of the Nigerian stock exchange. The finance house Blackstone is thought to have placed him on the short list to buy the Arsenal stake.

Lady Bracewell-Smith is said to be seeking £160m for her shares after putting them on sale earlier this year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/23/aliko-dangote-arsenal
Re: Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal by bones1(m): 10:42pm On May 23, 2010
I wonder what would inform Dangote's decision to seek a stake in Arsenal as i cannot identify any synergy with his existing lines of businesses !
Re: Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal by mamagee3(f): 10:43pm On May 23, 2010
bones1:

I wonder what would inform Dangote's decision to seek a stake in Arsenal as[b] i cannot identify any synergy with his existing lines of businesses ![/b]
Do you sleep with the dictionary or something?
Re: Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal by bones1(m): 10:55pm On May 23, 2010
Did I make any grammatical mistakes ?
Re: Billionaire Nigerian Aliko Dangote Set To Bid For 16% Stake In Arsenal by mamagee3(f): 6:39pm On May 24, 2010
^^Nah, I'm only saying that you're blowing grammar like a dic-tio-nant. grin

(1) (Reply)

Mls All-Stars Vs Chelsea / Chelsea To Win Champions League By TB Joshua / UCL: Schalke 04 Vs Inter Milan [2 - 1] On 13th April 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.