Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (22324 Views)

NFF Releases Super Eagles 25 Man Provisional List For AFCON / Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad / Messi, Aguero & Dybala In Argentina Squad To Face Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by victrick105: 6:53am On May 15, 2018
[quote author=dotcomnamename post=67568168][/quote]

na u sabi... pls kindly don't quote me if you ain't ready to behave mature, when you're ready to talk, quote me again, and do that politely next time
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Gbengazzee(m): 7:09am On May 15, 2018
I am not surprise with quality of players on that list. At every world cup, the quality of their team will make you think that they are favourite, yet they don't go far except for the last world cup.

Super Eagles cannot be threatens by that list. We are use to playing them at every world cup group stage. Most time they beat us with 1 goal difference. This year world cup, the Eagles have a strong team to make a difference. Let the world cup start, I can't wait.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by andrew444(m): 7:20am On May 15, 2018
Bahddo:
Squad that cannot win games without one player (Messi), is that one squad?

The last time i check they won us in the past 2 world cup and it was not only messi that did the scoring.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by andrew444(m): 7:24am On May 15, 2018
Gbengazzee:
I am not surprise with quality of players on that list. At every world cup, the quality of their team will make you think that they are favourite, yet they don't go far except for the last world cup.

Super Eagles cannot be threatens by that list. We are use to playing them at every world cup group stage. Most time they beat us with 1 goal difference. This year world cup, the Eagles have a strong team to make a difference. Let the world cup start, I can't wait.

1 goal difference doesnt matter bros,1 goal difference is 3 point and mind you this is not champions league knock out where goals matters,the last time i check germany won the world cup with 1 goal difference
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by ZAWs: 7:31am On May 15, 2018
All these players were featured in that friendly except Messi, and Icadi
I'm actually seeing no big impact here.
Cus it's going to be 11/11 on the pitch.
Go Eagles!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by BluntBoy(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2018
andrew444:

The last time i check they won us in the past 2 world cup and it was not only messi that did the scoring.

You didn't understand what the guy was saying.

Argentina has proven again and again that they can't survive without Messi.

Messi is an inspirational player for Argentina and Barcelona. He doesn't have to score when he is on the pitch. His presence there always inspire the whole team.

Check all the matches they have played without Messi and you would see how ordinary they always seemed. For the two times we have beaten them, Messi was absent. Look at what Spain did to them when Messi was not playing.

An example of this problem also exist in our own team too. We have a Mikel dependency just like Argentina have a Messi dependency. Watch us play without Mikel and you would understand.

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by einsteine(m): 7:40am On May 15, 2018
victrick105:
forget names.... we will beat them, with or without Messi ...if we could beat the likes of Brazil, Argentina and co. to win gold at the 1996 Olympics... then we can do it again if we believe.

Olympics is an age grade competition. Nigeria has usually done well in age grade competition.

This team has failed to qualify for 2 out of 4 African cup of nations against your African sides. I am sorry to say, Argentina and Croatia would qualify for the second round. It would be a major achievement for Nigeria to get 3 points.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by einsteine(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2018
ZAWs:
All these players were featured in that friendly except Messi, and Icadi
I'm actually seeing no big impact here.
Cus it's going to be 11/11 on the pitch.
Go Eagles!!!

You have to be very funny to compare a friendly with a world cup fixture.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by chiboy1116: 7:45am On May 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

Messi is an inspirational player for Argentina and Barcelona. He doesn't have to score when he is on the pitch. His presence there always inspire the whole team.

Check all the matches they have played without Messi and you would see how ordinary they always seemed. For the two times we have beaten them, Messi was absent. Look at what Spain did to them when Messi was not playing.

An example of this problem also exist in our own team too. We have a Mikel dependency just like Argentina have a Messi dependency. Watch us play without Mikel and you would understand.
lol. Very true.they won just one match nd drew 3 in d qualifiers and lost almost 5 without messi with messi de won 7 drew 0 nd lost one against Brazil.....dats not good ...but sampaoli has got dem playing good football .if u watched their last match thoughspain humiliated dem ...t was mai my becos de couldn't keep up with d pace of the game...they played really well in the first half nd played Spain to their game had more possession ,shots on target but DAT useless higuin couldn't get anything right .
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by BluntBoy(m): 7:47am On May 15, 2018
andrew444:

1 goal difference doesnt matter bros,1 goal difference is 3 point and mind you this is not champions league knock out where goals matters,the last time i check germany won the world cup with 1 goal difference

Goals sometimes matter.

However, I believe that Argentina is one of the most overhyped/overrated teams in the world of soccer. The reason why we haven't beaten them yet is that we haven't believed we can. Look at the last world cup. It was like Enyeama was there to make friends with Messi. Enyeama was at his worst in that match because, at least two of the 3 Argentine goals were avoidable for a goalkeeper of Enyeama's calibre. Leon Balogun also recently confessed that many of them (Super Eagles players) are going to be fighting over Messi's shirt at the end of the match. That is not what we want to hear. We need them to fight to beat Argentina for the first time in that level, and not to be thinking of Messi's shirt.

I am not saying they should not be overly friendly with Messi, but they need to believe they can stop him and his compatriots.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by andrew444(m): 7:57am On May 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

Goals sometimes matter.

However, I believe that Argentina is one of the most overhyped/overrated teams in the world of soccer. The reason why we haven't beaten them yet is that we haven't believed we can. Look at the last world cup. It was like Enyeama was there to make friends with Messi. Enyeama was at his worst in that match because, at least two of the 3 Argentine goals were avoidable for a goalkeeper of Enyeama's calibre. Leon Balogun also recently confessed that many of them (Super Eagles players) are going to be fighting over Messi's shirt at the end of the match. That is not what we want to hear. We need them to fight to beat Argentina for the first time in that level, and not to be thinking of Messi's shirt.

I am not saying they should not be overly friendly with Messi, but they need to believe they can stop him and his compatriots.

Lol,but Argentina tried by reaching the last World Cup final,did you expect them to reach that final ?
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by andrew444(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

Now I get you,Argentina is worst on depending on messi,I think naija is better in terms of that,we can do a little without mikel

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by BluntBoy(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2018
chiboy1116:
lol. Very true.they won just one match nd drew 3 in d qualifiers and lost almost 5 without messi with messi de won 7 drew 0 nd lost one against Brazil.....dats not good ...but sampaoli has got dem playing good football .if u watched their last match thoughspain humiliated dem ...t was mai my becos de couldn't keep up with d pace of the game...they played really well in the first half nd played Spain to their game had more possession ,shots on target but DAT useless higuin couldn't get anything right .

Yes, I watched their match against Spain. And that is why I keep on getting uncomfortable with our goalkeeping department. Can any of the goalkeepers handle all the pressure that comes with the competitiveness of every first World Cup match? I remember the many times Enyeama saved our asses, even against lowly rated Iran in 2014.

Hopefully, the friendlies that have been lined up would help the team's confidence, especially the goalkeepers. I am very interested in those friendlies.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by BluntBoy(m): 8:02am On May 15, 2018
andrew444:

Now I get you,Argentina is worst on depending on messi,I think naija is better in terms of that,we can do a little without mikel

Exactly. Our case is not as bad as theirs.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2018
i wish all the goalkeepers except caballero get injured before the world cup grin grin grin
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by victrick105: 8:19am On May 15, 2018
einsteine:

Olympics is an age grade competition. Nigeria has usually done well in age grade competition.

This team has failed to qualify for 2 out of 4 African cup of nations against your African sides. I am sorry to say, Argentina and Croatia would qualify for the second round. It would be a major achievement for Nigeria to get 3 points.

just believe we can do it... the Brazilians,Argentine's and Germans don't have two heads... it's poor training and too much respect for the European and South American teams that has stopped Africans from winning the cup
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by victrick105: 8:25am On May 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

Yes, I watched their match against Spain. And that is why I keep on getting uncomfortable with our goalkeeping department. Can any of the goalkeepers handle all the pressure that comes with the competitiveness of every first World Cup match? I remember the many times Enyeama saved our asses, even against lowly rated Iran in 2014.

Hopefully, the friendlies that have been lined up would help the team's confidence, especially the goalkeepers. I am very interested in those friendlies.

I think uzoho can take care of the goal keeping department... I love his confidence, he saved us from the hands of Poland... ezenwas problem is that he lacks confidence, you will notice that he always contemplates on whether to come out and make the save or not apart from that his good... it's just Daniel I fear for, his not really a keeper we should take to the World Cup
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by kollinpowel(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
Na him be say Nigeria own done finish be that. take a look at this list and that of the super eagles. grin
If only we can get to the quarter finals or leave at the group stage self. cry

This list is strong. lipsrsealed
Aside Messi ,who no dey the team When Nigeria deal with them for friendly match? Oga abeg park well.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by BluntBoy(m): 8:54am On May 15, 2018
victrick105:

I think uzoho can take care of the goal keeping department... I love his confidence, he saved us from the hands of Poland... ezenwas problem is that he lacks confidence, you will notice that he always contemplates on whether to come out and make the save or not apart from that his good... it's just Daniel I fear for, his not really a keeper we should take to the World Cup

In his day, Akpeyi is far better than Uzoho and Ezenwa. However, he is not at all reliable. He is a good goalkeeper but not reliable. For a goalkeeper who plays in the South African league, it is hard to explain how he often suffers lack of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Oluwaseydex(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2018
If we were able to beat them during the friendly with this same set of players tell me why we shouldn't kill them during the world cup, the gaffer is a very good tactician am sure he will bring out the best in this players with the lined up friendlies before the world cup.Gone are the days when big names matters in football,what actually matters now is 11 against ;D11.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Nobody: 9:51am On May 15, 2018
BluntBoy:

In his day, Akpeyi is far better than Uzoho and Ezenwa. However, he is not at all reliable. He is a good goalkeeper but not reliable. For a goalkeeper who plays in the South African league, it is hard to explain how he often suffers lack of confidence.

Akpeyi is one of the worst goalkeepers in the world. The south african league is trash, filled with below average players, they just have money in the league.
If you watch some of their games I swear you'd have stomach upset!!!
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by handsomeyinka(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2018
blazer2018:
The best bet is for us to make sure we get good results against Croatia and Iceland b4 we face Argentina, if not... grin grin grin

Croatia might be difficult to beat (a draw will be good), but Iceland is a must win for us(like a 3-1 victory wink)

We progressed with 4 points the last time out...i hope it works for us again this time around.

I just hope and pray that by the time we meet Argentina, we would have progressed already to the knock-out stage...or maybe make Argentina don qualify come rest the likes of Messi, Di maria, Dybala and Higuin...

Because with this kinda firepower Argentina has in its arsenal up front, coupled with the fact that we are heading to the mundial without good goalkeepers, it will be a great mistake to wait till the last day to pick a second round ticket.

And with what i saw in our last 2 friendlies...Chisos...Ayam very afraid.... grin

Let's just be optimistic sha... wink
Oga calculator,no just near naija bet with this your predictions
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Emeka71(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
Na him be say Nigeria own done finish be that. take a look at this list and that of the super eagles. grin
If only we can get to the quarter finals or leave at the group stage self. cry

This list is strong. lipsrsealed
They havn't even talk of Higuain self.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Emeka71(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2018
victrick105:
forget names.... we will beat them, with or without Messi ...if we could beat the likes of Brazil, Argentina and co. to win gold at the 1996 Olympics... then we can do it again if we believe.
Brother; this is FIFA world-cup ; this is not Atlanta 96 or under-17.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by greatface(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2018
BenLinus:
Hehehehehehe,,, expecting lala to crdt ur account is like waiting 4 d yr 9ja will win wrld cup

It will actually be easier for Nigeria to win World Cup than Lala crediting ones account because of FTC.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by blazer2018: 12:08pm On May 15, 2018
handsomeyinka:

Oga calculator,no just near naija bet with this your predictions

Mr Yinka the Octopus Paul...What is wrong with my predictions ojare?

Pls enlighten me... grin
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Escravos(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2018
I hope they drop that traitor Mauro icardi
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by Bahddo(m): 11:06pm On May 15, 2018
andrew444:

but he played? The one time he didn't play, we flogged them senseless, and another time, Spain did too.
Re: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad by handsomeyinka(m): 1:09am On May 16, 2018
blazer2018:

Mr Yinka the Octopus Paul...What is wrong with my predictions ojare?

Pls enlighten me... grin
Lol..you head dey there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jujuman Caught In Ghana's Camp / Stephen Keshi's Late Wife - Kate - To Be Buried On January 15, 2016. (today) / Aubameyang Grabs First Goal At Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.