Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) (1167 Views)

Camry (OROBO) Does Bolt Accept This Type Of Car / My Toyota Camry Orobo (1998) Is A Torn In My Flesh.. / Toyota Camry (OROBO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by leej(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2018
Hi guys, I really need help with my Toyota Camry (Orobo). This car was parked for 2 years before I purchased it. I changed a lot of things due to the fact that it has been parked for so long. I changed the engine oil, gear oil, Timing belt, alternator belt, drained the fuel and replaced with a new one and I changed the fuel pump.
Everything was working perfectly until I decided to do the body-work and painting. I took it there and left it for a whole month. One day, the painter called me and said fuel finished in my car( due to the fact that they have been warming the car for me). I got fuel and rushed down to the place, before filling the car I noticed the Gage was still up and I decided to start the car first and it worked perfectly.

Ever since then the painter always call me to say the car won't start in the morning but only starts in the afternoon. After the paint job, I took my car to the mechanic and he said it was the code start switch. I have changed the switch 4 times now from different mechanics (I felt the first guy bought a fake one at first). This last mechanic has drained me because he is close to my house and he is the only person I can easily call in the morning when it doesn't start. He has also changed cold start switch, he changed the coil cover, now he is saying we will change the throttle body.

Now he is saying it is wiring work that we don't need to change the throttle body. The rewire who said it is wiring work has been playing us around for weeks now without showing up.

If you have encountered this issue before, kindly share how it was resolved.

Please note: If I leave the car till around 12noon it will start at once.

I need help. Thanks
Re: I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by timwudz(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2018
Soft work.. iss awa work oo cheesy
Re: I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by leej(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2018
LOL.. Come and do the soft work on my car to stop this issue na
timwudz:
Soft work.. iss awa work oo cheesy
Re: I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by leej(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2018
Nobody that can help
Re: I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by cyborg123(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2018
You need to get a good cold start injector / valve. These symptoms point to it. If it's throttle body, car will start but keep stalling when you remove your leg from the throttle pedal.

Don't let your electrical system be messed with especially if it's still in factory condition.

You may also look around the engine area for any unplugged wires just to be sure you are not dealing with a crook.
Re: I Need Help With My Toyota Camry (orobo) by chuks1137(m): 11:51pm On May 15, 2018
After the car might have started in the noon time check and see of the temp guage is working let's start from there, is a cold start issue but the way its being attacked maters....

(1) (Reply)

Test The Condition Of Vital Fluids With Fluid RX Diagnostics Testing Kits / 05 Toyota Corolla Poor Acceleration And Vibration / Toyota RAV4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.