Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) (117394 Views)

How Do I Stop Lying. / Ladies Cook & Pound Food In Lagos Flood (Photos, Video) / Drunk Man Found Lying Unconsciously After Forgetting His Car At Shrine (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Triniti(m): 7:15pm On May 15, 2018
Old news been recycled
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Safiaa(f): 7:15pm On May 15, 2018
hisgrace090:
So they have vow that the woman will never rest in peace?

Even at death they still force her to pound yam, why?
Its actually disgusting. I don’t understand some African traditions, very weird.

1 Like

Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
So person no fit lie in state or rest in peace again? Africa my continent.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by tayo60(f): 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
Stale news. I read this on this forum since last year. Who is mod that pushed this to d front page? Lazy Nigeria youth e.g the mod.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by tempest01(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
Old
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by okwabayi(m): 7:18pm On May 15, 2018
I've seen this picture many times. It's a form of respect in Ghana. Anyhow someone contributes to society is reflected in their burial rites.
It's not hard to see what she did for a living. I'm sure many of her customers attended the wake keeping to pay their last respect.

You eba eaters [Nigerians] may not understand it but all I see is the beauty crafted.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by mmorah6: 7:23pm On May 15, 2018
buhari need to give her appointment in the kitchen cabinets because he loves appointing the dea
d
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2018
Shey them take food do the woman ni pounded when she was alive when she died pounding still continue..
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by 8stargeneral: 7:26pm On May 15, 2018
Why una dey like to dey recycle news like dis
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by donnaD(f): 7:28pm On May 15, 2018
jobless blogger,old gist. read it before here on NL.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by abdullkabar(m): 7:28pm On May 15, 2018
hisgrace090:

lolz,and she will continue to pound yam till the end of days(scary story)
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Pat081: 7:31pm On May 15, 2018
Op so u just c dis since how many years now dis ve b on d net for so long now ,but I hv tell my people dat wen I dead at d age of 99.9 years old dey should put diff type of beer beside mi
Olabode09:
Shocking! Dead woman ‘pounds yam’ during her burial
It was indeed a shocking sight as the corpse of a dead woman was seen ‘pounding yam’ during her burial ceremony in Ghana.

According to report gathered, the deceased was a food vendor in Ghana. During the lying-in-state of the deceased, her corpse was positioned where it looked like she was alive pounding yam.

Below is the picture:

https://dailyfamily.ng/shocking-dead-woman-pounds-yam-during-her-burial/
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by gulfer: 7:32pm On May 15, 2018
She's pounding the p-yam they'll eat at her burial
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by joliej(f): 7:34pm On May 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin
as in ehn... the matter reach to tire person
hisgrace090:

1 Like

Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Papoose269(m): 7:35pm On May 15, 2018
This is a very old picture.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by kokomilala(m): 7:35pm On May 15, 2018
The quote by Mugabe pretty much sums up what some Africans have reduced themselves to.Once a people are set in their ways,it takes a lot in terms of time and a mentality shift or revolution to change it.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by OgeFather(m): 7:40pm On May 15, 2018
cheesy it's not a new thing

A tribe in Ghana do display the dead before burial , some will even give them money to buy things on the other side ;Dit's not a new thing
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by fluffylarose: 7:42pm On May 15, 2018
this story is an old gist abeg.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Sike(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2018
Eleyi tun Ga oh!
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Ademoore07(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2018
The tittle doesn't tally. Just because she was a food vendor be4 her death, that was they should dress her in such way. Foolish people.

By the way, the mod in charge is an outdated one.
I read this post last year on NL. sad
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by begoten: 7:54pm On May 15, 2018
Who go come eat the yam now?
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2018
ayourbamie:
Africa is a poohole indeed

Then Europe and America must be as well, since on occasion they posture dead loved ones for last pictures, too.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by IMASTEX: 7:59pm On May 15, 2018
deanoffaculty:
"Africans don't have time to rest; even when they die, they will work as ancestors" - ROBERT MUGABE
Sometimes, I am forced to believe human evolution theory. Seeing the way Africans behaves.

1 Like

Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by iamloski(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS NEWS WAS ON FP AROUND 2014/15. undecided

very old news, Nairaland is loosing it's value
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by petenweke: 8:08pm On May 15, 2018
This is not possible. Why? Because 4-5 hours after death Rigos Mortise sets in. It's the stiffening of the body muscles that they cannot be bent or maneuvered.
That must be a doll or this is Ghana Nollywood in Action.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by IMASTEX: 8:08pm On May 15, 2018
ayourbamie:
I thank God that created me. But for the angel that directed me to Africa. Hmm. We will have scores to settle when the time comes. It is even good for the angels as they are over working now. Attending to funny prayers request. I.e. "Oh, Lord, let there be power when I get home, etc"
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Mznaett: 8:09pm On May 15, 2018
Old news
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by lagdmark(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2018
ranausman4760:
The kind of news you get from South Africa ,Ghana and Kenya.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by ebby9z(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2018
This news is older than Noah's story. What the fucck? When it's not all this church WhatsApp groups where people post jokes that existed in 300BC.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by ofuonyebi: 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
this one is an insult to the spirit of the dead..

this is pure double wahala...for..deady-body..!

those who did this to this woman..may find it difficult to see peace!

woman, take the piston(yam pounder) in your hand pursue all of them that made this mockery on you...i say go!...pursue them!
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 15, 2018
Olabode09:
Shocking! Dead woman ‘pounds yam’ during her burial
It was indeed a shocking sight as the corpse of a dead woman was seen ‘pounding yam’ during her burial ceremony in Ghana.

According to report gathered, the deceased was a food vendor in Ghana. During the lying-in-state of the deceased, her corpse was positioned where it looked like she was alive pounding yam.

Below is the picture:

https://dailyfamily.ng/shocking-dead-woman-pounds-yam-during-her-burial/

This is just a picture.
Re: Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) by Techcrunchng(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2018
Ghanians self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Bank Account In Nigeria In Less Than 2 Minutes [tutorial] / Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / See Nice Pictures Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.