Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

How Do I Stop Lying. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Stop Lying. (12475 Views)

How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Drunk Man Found Lying Unconsciously After Forgetting His Car At Shrine (photos) / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Lying. by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:05am On Jan 12
I Know this might sound funny, but it's the truth. I lie too much, most especially when I'm talking with people.

Most times there wouldn't even be any need to lie, but I would just find myself lying up and down. It's beginning to bother me and I want to stop it. Please how do I go about it?

Mods, please help me out.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Gadafii: 9:15am On Jan 12
Firstly, reduce how you talk, people who talk too much lie a lot so listen more and talk less

293 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by saintopus(m): 9:16am On Jan 12
The first thing to think about is what's the passion of the mind that triggers off the lying?

Many times it's VANITY!!!!

So the next step or question is how can I control VANITY?

The answer is HUMILITY!!!!

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:17am On Jan 12
Gadafii:
Firstly, reduce how you talk, people who talk too much lie a lot so listen more and talk less
That's true because I'm a talkative. Very serious talkative. I'll say both the one they ask and the one they didn't. I just want to stop it.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:17am On Jan 12
saintopus:
The first thing to think about is what's the passion of the mind that triggers off the lying?

Many times it's VANITY!!!!

So the next step or question is how can I control VANITY?

The answer is HUMILITY!!!!
Hmm

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Rokiat(f): 9:20am On Jan 12
grin In Katt williams voice “nobody knows why liars lie”grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by woginid967: 9:24am On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:
I Know this might sound funny, but it's the truth. I lie too much, most especially when I'm talking with people.

Most times there wouldn't even be any need to lie, but I would just find myself lying up and down. It's beginning to bother me and I want to stop it. Please how do I go about it?

Nlfpmod Seun Mynd44 rocktation crazyman Dominique justwise obinoscopy please help me out.

Fear is the origin of lying 🤥

You dont want people to see you in the negative light

You dont want people to see you as a nobody.

Well i can not judge you, all i can tell you is.... You're wasting your gift.

Lying is a gift.

You dont know how to use it.

The world is ruled by liars... Heavy dirty liars.

From politicians to pastors to parents. Everyone lies.

The only difference is, you're unwise for lying broke.

Why not use a well crafted lie to get a fat salary job

Why not use it to bed a lady from a rich home or a sugar mommy

Why not use it to borrow 10k from 100 people that you know and become a millionaire and start uber business or any other one.

Why not use the lying gift to be a smooth talking comedian.

Lie Sells

Lie is a spell you cast on people for your benefit.

Many politicians, top executive actually bought their certificates for less than 600k

Beggars on the road are liars and act blind or cripple or worse to appeal to your emotions.

You're just wasting a precious gift.

Receive sense today

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:26am On Jan 12
Pple who talk too much lie too much.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by brain54(m): 9:28am On Jan 12
I hope you are not lying now...?
grin

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Calenikan(m): 9:32am On Jan 12
cool cool cool cool cool cool Baddo grin grin grin grin
brain54:
I hope you are not lying now...?
grin

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Vikinatty(f): 9:56am On Jan 12
Well first of all reduce how to talk, fear and trying to impress others

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by eddykaka(m): 11:16am On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

That's true because I'm a talkative. Very serious talkative. I'll say both the one they ask and the one they didn't. I just want to stop it.
grin grin na the one whr dem no send u na it de make u lie....if u lie too much it could be a gift like someone suggested, so na to use am to your advantage

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by GeneralPula: 11:44am On Jan 12
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by RaySimran: 12:37pm On Jan 12
Your case is different, I even spot one lie you blow up there. grin

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by ikeno(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12
Lienus, the more you lie the more difficult it gets to cover up your lie.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Tallesty1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 12
Gbadugbakun:

Nlfpmod Seun Mynd44 rocktation crazyman Dominique justwise obinoscopy please help me out.
How are we sure that you're not lying about this?

With a talent like this the question you should be asking is "how can I join APC"

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Kharol1234: 3:44pm On Jan 12
You they leave fake life, na fake life people like to lie wetin them no be.

Humble yourself and you will stop lying 🤥

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Westerhoffe(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12
😁
Liar Liar Trust Me.

If you want to stop lying, just stop lying.
It's that simple.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by ITbomb(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12
What is happening is that you just want the conversation to flow.
So you create content to keep your listeners engaged.

Use it well and you will go far

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by parkervero(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12
Stop trying to impress people or ladies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by SporaD8: 3:44pm On Jan 12
Simply by being responsible!
Understand that - lying will only postponed the consequence of your actions, it will not totally exonerate you. Instead of postponing the day of reckoning, be bold enough to face it immediately!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Laple0541(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12
ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE THAT WHATEVER YOU SAY, THE OPPOSITE IS THE TRUE.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:45pm On Jan 12
It has become a habit. It is one of the easiest habits to master.

It will require a conscious effort. Don't try to impress anyone, just be yourself.

It will reduce gradually and eventually stop.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Honestey: 3:45pm On Jan 12
Stop talking

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by adesegun121(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Kukutente23: 3:46pm On Jan 12
1. Stop talking too much. People who talk too much lie a lot

2. Be comfortable with yourself. People with inferiority complex and who feel a complusive need to look good before others tend to embellish their words.

3. Don't be afraid of consequences or responsibility. Things do not always look as complex as they seem but lying does complicate matters.

4. Read the Bible. Best moral code there is! You will see a lot of verses against lying and bearing false witness. This will help you in forming a moral backbone since lying is a moral, psychological and yet legal issue.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Ayodekfarms(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12
Cut your tongue grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by SeeWahala: 3:46pm On Jan 12
Cut your tongue off

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by IyaTola: 3:46pm On Jan 12
Recognizing that lying is immature and wanting to stop is a positive step towards personal growth and integrity. Here are some suggestions to help you overcome the habit of lying:

1. Understand the reasons behind your lying: Reflect on why you feel the need to lie. Is it to avoid confrontation, gain approval, protect yourself, or maintain control? Understanding the underlying motivations can help you address the root causes of your behavior.
2. Practice self-awareness: Pay attention to your thoughts, emotions, and actions when you are tempted to lie. Notice the triggers that lead to dishonesty and explore healthier alternatives to address those situations.
3. Cultivate honesty as a core value: Make a conscious decision to prioritize honesty in your life. Remind yourself of the importance of honesty, trust, and integrity in building meaningful relationships and personal growth.
4. Take responsibility for your actions: Recognize that lying is a choice and take ownership of the consequences. Accepting responsibility for your behavior can help you develop a sense of accountability and motivate you to change.
5. Develop effective communication skills: Sometimes, people resort to lying when they feel unable to express themselves honestly or assertively. Enhancing your communication skills, such as active listening and expressing your thoughts and feelings respectfully, can reduce the need for dishonesty.
6. Seek support and feedback: Share your intention to stop lying with a trusted friend, family member, or therapist. They can provide guidance, support, and hold you accountable as you work towards becoming more honest.
7. Practice honesty in small steps: Start by being truthful in everyday situations, even if it feels uncomfortable. Gradually, challenge yourself to be more open and authentic in your interactions with others.
8. Learn from your mistakes: If you do catch yourself lying, take it as an opportunity to learn and grow. Reflect on the reasons behind the lie, the impact it had, and what you could have done differently. Use these experiences as lessons to reinforce your commitment to honesty.
9. Remember, changing any habit takes time and effort. Be patient with yourself as you work towards becoming a more honest person. Celebrate your progress, no matter how small, and keep reminding yourself of the benefits and importance of living an honest and authentic life.

Some people grew up with step-mom/dad. To survive life you have to become a native to lying. Telling the truth might cost you life & a lot of beatings. Integrity became a foreign country.

Learning to tell my truth and fuel the desire to become trustworthy did not happen overnight.

I.was habituated to lying because I was afraid. I feared loosing what I thought was mine. i feared I would not get what I wanted if I told the truth. I feared telling the truth was not in my best interest.

It was important for me to learn that lying was a symptom of a bigger problem. I suffered from.self-centered pride due to low self-esteem.

To stop lying I had to address the causes of my real problems not just the symptoms.

The first step was to admit I had a problem in the first place. I had to admit that rationalizations and justifications are forms of lying, so is minimizing or exaggerating.

It took concentrated efforts to observe my patterns for distorting the truth in any form. Then I sought a power greater than my own. I asked my higher power to help me change.

As long as I am willing to be ruthless about being morally clean I make progress.

I only associate with people I can speak my truth with. I keep myself safe and my life simple.

To stop lying I had to change my beliefs. I had to learn to believe the life I deserve and desire is built on the truth of my strengths. Lying to myself and others is a weakness.

Finding the strength to feel weak and vulnerable was a huge labor. It still is sometimes. Telling the truth takes courage, especially when taking my own inventory versus the inventory of others.

Telling the truth can be a scary thing.

Fortunately it is good for the soul and brings peace to my spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Talkisneeded: 3:46pm On Jan 12
Someone said you have a gift...

I sell herbs tho
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by Dialpad: 3:46pm On Jan 12
Lol
Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by SirLakes: 3:46pm On Jan 12
All you need is

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Police Arresting Soldiers On Bike At Ikorodu Road? / Free Recharge Cards, Coming Soon. / Come To Nyanya Tipper Garage: Abuja’s Soddom And Gomorrah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.