Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink (38119 Views)

COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support / Is Tomato Paste Mixed With Cocacola Or Malt A Natural Blood Tonic? (video) / Can Mixing Malt And Milk Give Blood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by dammy13(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2018
A former vice-chancellor, Benson Idahosa University (BIU), Prof. Ernest Izevbigie, has taken the Nigerian Breweries Plc. to a High Court in Benin City for alleged deception.

Izevbigie, a Professor of Biochemistry, accused the company of allegedly inscribing misleading information, “low sugar,” on the label of one of its non-alcoholic drinks, Amstel Malt.

The case, with suit number, B/281/2017, was filed at an Edo State High Court before the Chief Judge of the state, Justice Esohe Ikponmwen, through the claimant’s lawyer, Mr. Okonkwo Emmanuel of Henry Idahagbon and Co. (Trinity Chambers).

Izevbigie alleged that a laboratory investigation revealed that the product contained more sugar than the company claimed in the inscription of the brand.

He, therefore, prayed the court to order the company to tender a written apology because he had been injured by the alleged deception even as he claimed that the label was misleading to the public.

Izevbigie said that he had during a medical check-up discovered an increase in his blood sugar level, adding that he had traced the challenge to his regular intake of the malt drink.

During cross-examination by the counsel to the defendant, Mr. L. O. Ogiefere, Izevbigie told the court that Amstel Malt did not merit the “low sugar” label, according to clinical research.

According to him, the drink allegedly contained 10 cubes of sugar as against the 10 and a half to 10 one-quarter cubes contained in other malt drinks. The matter was later adjourned to June 28 for the defendant to opens its case.

http://kikiotolu.com/ex-vc-sues-nigerian-breweries-for-misleading-people-about-malt-drink/

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by NwaAmaikpe: 7:19am On May 16, 2018
shocked

Mumu man looking for where to make a quick out-of-court harvest.
How can a Nigerian VC not know that there is no consumer protection right in Nigeria?

He should not disturb us with his Diabetes woes.
Nigerian Breweries does not cause weak erection.

Next time, he should drink Dubic Malt mixed with Alomo Bitters.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by bestman09(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2018
Thank God people are asking questions now. Deception is too much in this country because no one actually care. Some of us don't even care about expiry dates.

The poster above me will summarize everything

258 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by humblenature: 7:19am On May 16, 2018
lipsrsealed

"Time na money o time na money. Use your time well, do better tin.

Sir, please in the name of God, withdraw your case against Nigerian breweries and rather use the resourses to take Nigerian government to court for bad and deceptive government and also insecurity,poverty, Idoncarity.

Nigerian breweries is not the enemy,,,, rather its the Nigerian government..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by solpat(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2018
shocked

Indeed he's fighting for a genuine course. Amstel Malta low sugar drink is a scam.
But we are in fantastically corrupt kwantry where things like this will be swept under the carpet.

Let's see how this case unfolds

cool

138 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Odey1997(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2018
Hmmmmm there's is difference nah
The normal maltina has more sugar while Malta Guinness is medium sugar and amstel Malta that one worse pass no sugar at all the the most annoying part is they all sell them #150

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Damoxy(m): 7:20am On May 16, 2018
Like for Madrid
Share for Liverpool #UCLFinals

44 Likes 104 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Spiritmask: 7:20am On May 16, 2018
Yes, we r getting there. I pray he win the case

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by ZarahBuhari: 7:20am On May 16, 2018
Lol! Good observation

2 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by damola1: 7:20am On May 16, 2018
Excellent man

12 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by darocha1: 7:20am On May 16, 2018
good one. Did you know that most of the preservatives put in the so called SOFT DRINK are killing our body system softly.
Most of this companies can't try this poo in neighbouring African countries. That is why Ghana coke is different from naija coke, Ghana Milo is different from naija own.
Silly nafdac will only act after an international body does their homework for them

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Tomiwatosin(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Man wan chop Nigeria Breweries money

1 Like

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by keszz124(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
my good people. i need a job. i am tired of being a liability. any good citizen please help me get a job. i will be forever be happy. please help grant my wish. i am not begging for money. all i want is to be busy with my self and be useful for once. thanks for reading. my location is in lagos but distance is not a barrier. you can reach me on my phone line. 08026901309

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nonnyflex(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
You will be a fool to believe this ex VCS story...the truth is that this man took all the drinks inscribed low sugar to the lab tested them and after analysis he found out that amstel had too much sugar now he's claiming the drink have scattered his kidney and other internal organ... the man is just looking for a cool retirement benefit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Ikem11(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
This guy above me are u enemy of progressive movement? Back to the matter.... They should also sue all those toothpaste for writing that shining bright teeth cos I been using it for years and my teeth no dey shine

79 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by tomadex: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Really cry shocked
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nobody: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Following
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Sikiratu: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
hmmmm. This is a first!!!! coolhmmmm. This is a first!!!!
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by SirHouloo(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Low sugar indeed
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Ichokwu: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
The ex-VC will loose. The malt actually contained lower amount of sugar than all other malts by a half cube or a quarter; so it is qualified to be called low sugar.

So, he did not see Buhari that swore to Allah that Abacha did not steal to sue?

Foolish man. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Mutemenot(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Good move. We must not die of ignorant shocked

1 Like

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Meajor(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2018
V.C... Abeg leave matter for Matthias, if na misleading...from d days wey dem give us independence na mislead....misleadership na wetin dey around every were... See, voting for Buhari na mislead, people wey dey advice am to comot again no be mislead?? Person finish banking and finance, everyday for lectures hall na potential bankers dem dey call person, as e finish fa? Even (Adashe) contribution work e no get, wetin you call that one?? A man spent over five million for child studies in the university e come finish no get job, wetin you go call tat one??
OP Dis morning as I been dey drive my taxi, person beg me say na hundred naira wey dey him hand, I pity am carry, as I just dey reach, him carry 1k dey give me to go find change..wetin you go call that one?? Make I just stop here...b4 I go begin mislead sef

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by obaataaokpaewu: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
10 cubes against 10 cubes and a half or 10 cubes and a quarter. Lol
That means the half and quarter is what made Amstel Malt low sugar

5 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by sotall(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by fakuta(f): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
God bless you, sir. you are a patriot that history will always remember

13 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by DoblyYou(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
Those ones will come with English now.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by sholatech(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
So Malt drinks have at least 10 cubes of sugar I no dey take any malt brand again!

14 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by unikprince(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
grin
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Queenext: 7:22am On May 16, 2018
If true,clinical test should be done,and if right, NB should pay heavily.

This is misleading to the public

7 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Elslim: 7:22am On May 16, 2018
Good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by madridguy(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2018
He should as well sue NAFDAC too for not protecting Nigerians.

11 Likes

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by ejitec16(m): 7:23am On May 16, 2018
too bad for them to mislead general public

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free At Last! Boy With Locked Arms Celebrate After Successful Surgery. Photos / Teaching Hospital Workers Lock Fayose Out (photo) / Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.