Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,184 members, 7,864,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Genetic Strategy Of Eliminating Mosquitoes: - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genetic Strategy Of Eliminating Mosquitoes: (595 Views)

Yeast Infections (candidiasis): 10 Simple Home Remedies Of Eliminating It / Man With Two joysticks Speaks About Living With Extremely Genetic Condition / Woman Loses 7 Kids To Mitochondria Genetic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Genetic Strategy Of Eliminating Mosquitoes: by Master6(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2010
I once posted, or started a thread as the case may be, on a possible strategy to eliminate harmful disease-causing blood sucking mosquitoes from my immediate environment. My reason for thinking about these enemies is because of my personal woes as a student where mosquitoes roam free. I proposed that selective killing of these enemies i.e., killing the strongest and leaving the weak to mate 4 the next generation will ensure that mosquitoes and their offspring will be generally weak ( non science students should read more on NATURAL SELECTION). But after careful considerations on my theoretical assumptions, it appears to be impractical, based on the fact that humans do not possess the necessary traits to view the genetic make-up of organisms. I then propose that instead, we should use inbreeding to our advantage. We should close our doors and ensure that the home which we live is made into a sort of excluded community, this will not only prevent potentially harmful mosquitoes from entering the house it could also prevent fresh genes from mixing with the resident mosquitoes. Results of inbreeding.
* Reduced fertility both in litter size and sperm viability
* Increased genetic disorders
* Fluctuating facial asymmetry
* Lower birth rate
* Higher infant mortality
* Slower growth rate
* Smaller adult size
* Loss of immune system function

This caused the severe hemorrhage that threatens the English royal family, Charles Darwin's descendants, Lions' production of deformed sperm{ due to the superiority of a single male leader that mates with all females} etc,
I am open to criticism,
Re: Genetic Strategy Of Eliminating Mosquitoes: by wazobiang: 6:12pm On May 26, 2010
have u taken your WAEC yet!
Re: Genetic Strategy Of Eliminating Mosquitoes: by Master6(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2010
I am currently a medical student. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

The Real Fitness To Health / Loose Weight Naturally / Why Was I Banned? Please Unban Me:dustydee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.