Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1657942 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (4151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
feedthenation:
Mark Meadows (Chief of Staff for Trump) cries in meetings & is scared of Trump's mood swings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8231597/Trumps-new-chief-staff-Mark-Meadows-cried-meetings-overwhelmed.html

Trump's new chief of staff Mark Meadows has 'cried in meetings and is overwhelmed by a permanent culture that revolves around the president's moods'
- Former congressman, Mark Meadows who became President Trump's chief of staff has apparently been 'overwhelmed' in his new post
- The role, which is supposed to act as a buffer between White House staff and the Oval Office, is different under Trump and varies according to president's moods
- Meadows is said to have cried on at least two occasions since starting the role
- One of those incidents reportedly involved Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, however a person close to him denied the claim
- One source claims that Trump will not have liked hearing of Meadows in tears as the president sees such displays of emotion as a weakness

President Donald Trump's chief of staff is said to be 'overwhelmed' by his new role in the White House, which has reportedly seen him cry in meetings on at least two occasions since he took up the job at the end of March.

Meadows, 60, the conservative former congressman from North Carolina, is the fourth person to take on the job in the president's three years in office. Administration officials told the New York Times that in the less than three weeks he's been in the job, Meadows has been 'overhwhelmed at times by a permanent culture at the White House that revolves around the president's moods' and 'his need for a sense of control'.

And the tensions may got the better of him at times, according to leaks from inside the White House, as reported by The Times.

On two occasions, Meadows is said to have cried during meetings where staffing changes were discussed. In one of those meetings, Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was present, according to the New York Times. However, a person close to Kushner told the Times that he denied it took place.
'He's a strong willed individual who is known to get prickly when his viewpoint doesn't prevail,' a person who worked closely with Meadows told ABC News.
FAKE NEWS

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
GalaticHorde:
define mismanagement and I will give you a mirror that shows you the face of hypocrisy when you look into it
You took all these days to think about what to write and you still ended up writing nonsense

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hyperchi(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
feedthenation:
The Terrible Waste of This Presidency

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/04/14/the-terrible-waste-of-this-presidency/

As I write this, Donald Trump has been president for 1,180 days.

I’ve been trying to find a way to describe that time, to summarize in a small space, the depth and breadth of the injury we’ve sustained as a people and a nation.

The word I keep coming back to—is waste.

These 1,180 days have simply been a terrible, unforgivable, unthinkable waste.

A waste of time; the countless hours so many people from every walk of life have had to spend trying to care for people and rebuild their communities and save lives and champion justice and do good work—all while facing their own president as a daily, formidable adversary.

A waste of financial resources; adding 2 trillion dollars to our national debt, stratospheric corporate bailouts, a widening in the gap between the needy and the greedy—a brazen financial flooding of a spreading swamp.

A waste of natural resources; a steady stream of environmental protection rollbacks, wanton disregard for nature and planet and science, and an open contempt for the delicate web of all living things.

A waste of energy; the emotional, physical, and mental drain on so many decent people, who’ve spent their waking days and sleepless nights trying to reckon with a steadfast malevolence that simply defies reason and escapes comprehension.

A waste of ideas; a systematic shutting down of diverse and qualified people: doctors, economists, educators, scientists, creators, and public servants, whose qualified presence served as a threat to the eggshell ego and twitchy ignorance of a historically insecure man-child.

A waste of relationships; the violently uncivil wars waged by people for whom this single person has become the hill they’re ready to let their closest intimacies die on; the fractures in families and friendships and neighborhoods, the cost of which is incalculable.

A waste of human life; children pulled from their parents at the border, refugees stranded at airports, transgender teenagers bullied to self-harm, victims of gun violence left without protection, people without healthcare overcome by financial and physical threat, already vulnerable communities subjected to further violence.

I try to imagine all we could have accomplished in these 1,180 days as a nation, if so many talented, compassionate, gifted, intelligent people hadn’t had to spend so much time trying to protect themselves from their own government; the art that could have been created, the medical advances that could have been made, the humanitarian work that could have been done, the habitats we could have protected, the species that could have been saved, the equity that might have been achieved—and that unfathomable loss grieves me.

I try to imagine how different this place would have been if our leadership had celebrated diverse humanity instead of assailing it; if they’d have generated compassion and not had contempt for it; if they’d have wanted more people to be seen, not less; if they’d have desired collaboration and not confrontation; if they’d have trafficked in hope and not in fear; if they’d have wanted to make America defined by goodness and not “greatness.”

But since we have hopelessly squandered this season of our story with this catastrophic error in judgment, the only way to rectify it is not to repeat it.

By Inauguration Day 2021, we will have spent 1,460 days of 328 million people’s collective lives—with this cruelty and ignorance and disdain representing and defining us: with the severed ties and fractured families and polluted water and poisoned courts and perverted religion and elevated racism it has yielded.

That is a tragedy that we will never truly recover from.

The only greater shared transgression, the only more horrible sin, is if we decide to waste a single day more.

All this book just because of one person, so all this time u hav been hating him, this is the last hour u need to repent

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hyperchi(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
GalaticHorde:
define mismanagement and I will give you a mirror that shows you the face of hypocrisy when you look into it

The best u can offer ur country is to work on joe, before he disgrace himself during debate.
Forget about trump but work on joe. For me u broght a sick man to war

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hyperchi:

The best u can offer ur country is to work on joe, before he disgrace himself during debate.

Piers Morgan says trump is a disgrace, what are you still doing? Holding on to a losing straw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv1gCFy3iMI
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hyperchi(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Obrigardo:

Piers Morgan says trump is a disgrace, what are you still doing? Holding on to a losing straw

Ok he is now ur god, anything he says u believe. Guy u need to understand what u want, and check how it benefit u or affect u.
Has trump govt affect u before corona how?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hyperchi:

Ok he is now ur god, anything he says u believe. Guy u need to understand what u want, and check how it benefit u or affect u.
Has trump govt affect u before corona how?

why trump supporters don't make sense when they are faced with facts is disturbing, Piers is trumps ally and one of the few people he interviews with. If Piers says trump is a disgrace who are you to say otherwise, tiny Mouse in your cubicle?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Trump's daily coronavirus response briefings are going from bad to worse. It has become a platform to make political campaign speeches, attack the press, promote unverified drugs and make stupendous claims, instead of providing information and guidance on how to deal with the pandemic. He need not worry about how outrageous his claims are, his worshippers will swallow them as divine truths.
Today he claimed that his move to restrict travel from China saved a billion or more lives.
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251631637567361027

Trump's travel restrictions could have saved billions of lives in a country of 330 million.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hyperchi:

Joe definitely has dementia, I wouldn't deny that, but a brain dead Joe is better and safer than 10 donalds
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
Zuorom:

You took all these days to think about what to write and you still ended up writing nonsense
sense is relative to the individual and from my perspective your nonsensical response indicates you've run out of points and on my timing, well, i don't live on the internet and even when i am on it, nairaland is not in my top 10 interactive fora, not anymore anyway, but since this works for you, enjoy yourself
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
GalaticHorde:
sense is relative to the individual and from my perspective your nonsensical response indicates you've run out of points and on my timing, well, i don't live on the internet and even when i am on it, nairaland is not in my top 10 interactive fora, not anymore anyway, but since this works for you, enjoy yourself
Points? Which sane human being will waste his time trying to make points to a mad man? None! Get lost.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hyperchi(m): 12:14am On Apr 20, 2020
GalaticHorde:
Joe definitely has dementia, I wouldn't deny that, but a brain dead Joe is better and safer than 10 donalds

imagine this person, no wonder ppl don't take u guys serious

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 6:18am On Apr 20, 2020
Zuorom:

Points? Which sane human being will waste his time trying to make points to a mad man? None! Get lost.
now i am mad abi? Lols cheesy grin cheesy grin like i said, you have no point to make and also you are as smart as tRump! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin those who know know how complementary that is grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin because like tRump, ad hominem is the last and only resort to use when there's absolutely nothing logical or sensible to counter with so tweet away tRumpetskin! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 7:25am On Apr 20, 2020
This is serious oo!

This video will make you sick and when you hear it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Secret service have said they see Michelle Obama in full beard and each time they take pictures, they are asked to delete them.

Michelle Obama is not looking that bad for a man in this picture, it has to be a hell of a hard work to act not just like a woman but a first lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVMbOpPF5A
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2020
Oh we are surprised that fake news is calling Trump a disgrace!

Is Piers Morgan among those indicted? Those who have the most to lose are crying out the loudest.

Let them all cry, all the lashouts will end in November!
Obrigardo:

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2020
The image you posted could have been from nazi Germany, CNN has no credibility, it always use different picture to fit another story. All CNN stories are false because the channel is a propaganda arm of the deepstate.
GalaticHorde:
now i am mad abi? Lols cheesy grin cheesy grin like i said, you have no point to make and also you are as smart as tRump! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin those who know know how complementary that is grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin because like tRump, ad hominem is the last and only resort to use when there's absolutely nothing logical or sensible to counter with so tweet away tRumpetskin! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile........

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2020
wowcatty:
Oh we are surprised that fake news is calling Trump a disgrace!

Is Piers Morgan among those indicted? Those who have the most to lose are crying out the loudest.

Let them all cry, all the lashouts will end in November!

and you think trump will win with popular vote ? he failed in 2016 but the electoral college which should be abolished, was tilted for the republican agenda. This time no show, no killary for you to blame now, and Biden has massive democrat/independents and a handful of republican support. Just see the disaster trump is wrecking with the coronavirus crisis.

Its only 8.50am and trump is going to jail
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2020
wowcatty:
This is serious oo!

This video will make you sick and when you hear it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Secret service have said they see Michelle Obama in full beard and each time they take pictures, they are asked to delete them.

Michelle Obama is not looking that bad for a man in this picture, it has to be a hell of a hard work to act not just like a woman but a first lady.

you have fun, but what you cant fight is the fact that trup has been a horrible president, very tragic. As it seems he is the main focus of everyone nw, not your idiotic filled conspiracies

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
wowcatty:
This is serious oo!

Just one minute into your "video" is a lie about Nagalese Enzymes and the doctors alledgedly killed. But then, its not like 'truth' is anything but, as far as you are concerned. I can only imagine the other untruths in your wow video.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
GalaticHorde:
when dealing with a highly communicable virus like covid-19? Yes, yes and yes again and again till eternity comes and hell freezes over!
Any further questions? undecided
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Biden won the Wyoming caucus.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wyoming-caucus-results/story?id=70193209

*Wyoming Primary that was held on April 17*.
Biden: 72.2%
Sanders: 27.8%

*92.6% of ballots were received, before Sanders suspended his campaign

Wisconsin, primary held April 7, results were:
Biden: 62.9%
Sanders: 31.8%
Warren: 1.5%

...Total delegates so far...1,278 delegates...remains over 700 delegates away from 1,999 to get the nominee...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2020

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
Donald Trump has completely lost the plot
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/lost-the-plot-donald-trump-has-completely/27745/

How far gone is Donald Trump? He couldn’t read a list of ten countries during his press briefing today without forgetting that he’d just done so, and reading it again a moment later, only to botch it. He couldn’t read a passage from a newspaper editorial without realizing that his own handlers seemed to be punking him by getting him to read the words “It is hard to get aroused.”

At one point during Trump’s mostly unintelligible rambling today, he didn’t appear to be sure if California Governor Gavin Newsom is a Democrat or Republican. Trump appeared to claim that he’s invoked the Defense Production Act to manufacture coronavirus testing kits, but it’s far from clear if this has actually happened, or if it’s something that Trump just made up.

You could make the argument that Donald Trump never had the plot to begin with. But after what we watched on television just now, it’s more clear than ever that Trump has completely lost the plot. This guy doesn’t know what he’s doing, what he’s talking about, or where he’s at. Americans are dying by the tens of thousands, and we have a “president” who’s at least fifty percent senile.

...Trump is just like his supporters...

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
garetz:

I didn't think so
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
wowcatty:
The image you posted could have been from nazi Germany, CNN has no credibility, it always use different picture to fit another story. All CNN stories are false because the channel is a propaganda arm of the deepstate.
I told you before to stop quoting me because of your irredeemable stupidity! But I will humour you just this once, the flags hanging on the buildings are German flags too right? GTFOH! undecided

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
GalaticHorde:
I told you before to stop quoting me because of your irredeemable stupidity! But I will humour you just this once, the flags hanging on the buildings are German flags too right? GTFOH! undecided
I don't think anyone should be responding to that handle, it's either a Russian troll or a very unstable person. You know the popular saying about arguing with a mad man, people might not know who's mad.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Coronavirus standoff: Photos purportedly show Colorado health care workers at odds with anti-lockdown protesters

https://www.foxnews.com/us/photos-purportedly-show-coronavirus-protest-standoff

A series of dramatic photos purportedly show a pair of health care workers facing off against drivers protesting Colorado’s coronavirus lockdown.

The duo, clad in scrubs and N95 masks, stood their ground in the middle of a crosswalk as thousands converged on the State Capitol building in Denver on Sunday in opposition to a stay-at-home order and business closures aimed at containing the outbreak.

As of Monday, statistics show there are nearly 10,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 420 deaths in Colorado – but, at the same time, hundreds of thousands of residents have recently filed for unemployment.

...This is what Trump wants to happen in the states...creating anarchy and division...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Michigan girl, 5, daughter of first responders, dies from coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/health/michigan-girl-5-first-child-die-coronavirus

A 5-year-old Michigan girl, the daughter of two first responders, has become the first child to die from COVID-19 in the state on Sunday.

Skylar Herbert tested positive for the coronavirus back in March and later developed meningoencephalitis, a rare complication of the coronavirus, her parents said. She spent two weeks on a ventilator before being taken off on Sunday.

“We decided to take her off the ventilator today because her improvement had stopped, the doctors told us that it was possible she was brain dead, and we basically just knew she wasn’t coming back to us,” said LaVondria Herbert, Skylar's mother, on Sunday, according to The Detroit News.

She was originally released from Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, a day after testing positive, as her symptoms -- which included a fever -- were believed to be mild.

The family went back to the hospital after her father, Ebbie Herbert, 46, developed a cough and shortness of breath, the paper reported.

As Skylar and her mother waited in the car, the 5-year-old had a seizure.

"[I told her] Skylar, look at your daddy, Skylar, look at your daddy," said her father. "She came out of the seizure and me and her mother ran back into the emergency room."

Skylar was then admitted to the pediatric ICU at the hospital -- located in a northern suburb of Detroit, Mich., -- where she was given a lumbar puncture and the family learned of her meningitis condition.

The Beaumont Health System, which has seen 6,678 COVID-19 patients as of Sunday, confirmed her death in a statement.

...Michigan is one of the states where people are protesting against the lockdown...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
TheShopKeeper:
Coronavirus standoff: Photos purportedly show Colorado health care workers at odds with anti-lockdown protesters

https://www.foxnews.com/us/photos-purportedly-show-coronavirus-protest-standoff

A series of dramatic photos purportedly show a pair of health care workers facing off against drivers protesting Colorado’s coronavirus lockdown.

The duo, clad in scrubs and N95 masks, stood their ground in the middle of a crosswalk as thousands converged on the State Capitol building in Denver on Sunday in opposition to a stay-at-home order and business closures aimed at containing the outbreak.

As of Monday, statistics show there are nearly 10,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 420 deaths in Colorado – but, at the same time, hundreds of thousands of residents have recently filed for unemployment.

...This is what Trump wants to happen in the states...creating anarchy and division...

It's a disgrace. trump supporters on nairaland should be ashamed of themselves, the hypocrisy is shocking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22noyWJh2pg

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Obrigardo:

It's a disgrace. trump supporters on nairaland should be ashamed of themselves, the hypocrisy is shocking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22noyWJh2pg
On the contrary, Trump supporters have nothing to be ashamed of, it's you liberals that need to be ashamed of yourselves for being such gullible fellows
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
garetz:

On the contrary, Trump supporters have nothing to be ashamed of, it's you liberals that need to be ashamed of yourselves for being such gullible fellows

Gullible of what? Sure you don't have facts to even back up what you think about. we are in crisis and you are not seeing it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (4151) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.