Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. (802 Views)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / Please Help My English Is Very Bad / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by Nobody: 12:46am On May 17, 2018
Go on and embrace the language you feel comfortable expressing yourself in, for it is the quality of thought that matters. 

In Summary

So what if that woman speaks English slowly? So what if she prefers to express herself in Swahili or Igbo,Youba? Who are you to say that she is unintelligent?

Let your children learn their mother tongue. Let them explore the different cultures around them, not just the Western culture.

Learning these things will not get in the way of civilisation. If anything, it is by understanding the different cultures and why different people do the things they do that we are better able to relate with them.

I hope one day people will understand that English is a language. Not a measure of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by moneyadulttube: 12:50am On May 17, 2018
Of course only a half brainer will say other wise. Language is never a measure of intelligence

3 Likes

Re: English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by mrtomola(m): 6:22am On May 17, 2018
Abi tell dem o.

If we can't crucify British for our own languages (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and others) malapropism then why the f*ck are we doing it when we do the same to their language (English).
Re: English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by hisgrace090: 7:28am On May 17, 2018
So it is bros!

You nailed it.
Re: English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by sobastical: 8:59am On May 17, 2018
Nice one
And some feel they are really ahead of others by vocabularies the spit. those that are at the top don't speak good English either.
Re: English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. by Gerrard59(m): 2:41am On May 19, 2018
It takes a great deal of intelligence to speak any language eloquently, fluently and flawlessly.

So what about those who made a first class in English Language?

Lilisticlili:
Go on and embrace the language you feel comfortable expressing yourself in, for it is the quality of thought that matters. 

In Summary

So what if that woman speaks English slowly? So what if she prefers to express herself in Swahili or Igbo,Youba? Who are you to say that she is unintelligent?

Let your children learn their mother tongue. Let them explore the different cultures around them, not just the Western culture.

Learning these things will not get in the way of civilisation. If anything, it is by understanding the different cultures and why different people do the things they do that we are better able to relate with them.

I hope one day people will understand that English is a language. Not a measure of intelligence.

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria Putme Date Is Out / How Can I Get My Local Government ID? See Answer / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, Know How Many That Applied For Your Cour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.