Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Please Help My English Is Very Bad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help My English Is Very Bad (34495 Views)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / 21 Reasons Why English Is Difficult To Learn / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Takeit2017(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2020
God why? Why me?
I dnt have confidence speaking good English always Craming what to say?

Please help me.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Ladylite: 8:59am On May 26, 2020
I can teach you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Takeit2017(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2020
Ladylite:
I can teach you

please how

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by USarmyID(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2020
Read books. Read every and any well written piece you come across.
Have a little dictionary beside you to look up words you don't understand. Promise you, you'd be more confident in less than 3 months.

395 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by mbanefoeze(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2020
I am scholar I will just tell you not to really worry ..
English is just a language..
Call me on WhatsApp ..
I will settle as ur tutor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by KingZaddy(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2020
do you move with friends who speak english fluently?

friends who speak english fluently are your best bet

if you move with people who speak english well enough, your brain will accept their language and begin to master it

177 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by JhayJoe: 10:01am On May 26, 2020
Read books

Listen to this british radio drama (i've forgotten the name)

Speak freely

Never be afraid of mistakes

119 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Slynation(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2020
You can achieve that by speaking it like that and take correction, by reading English books, rules of concord, know how to use your 7 parts of speech and many more...I suggest google will enhance and guide you on that... Goodluck

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 10:47am On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

1.Read any good English novel, newspaper or textbook for at least 2 hours a day. Any word you don't understand, check the dictonary (Always have a dictonary near you please!)

2.Speak English every day for at least 2 hours a day. Helps you practice the language, and when someone points out your mistakes, accept it in good grace.

3.Always be on the lookout for new words. (one foriegn journalist who worked in Afghanistan and Pakistan had a Afghan interpreter, who always carried a notebook where he wrote new english words he heard).

4.Listen to the BBC World Service on radio, or watch on television. You can learn correct pronounciation from your average BBC reporter and presenter.

(Sauce: general experience)

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Ubykcee(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2020
Read good books, watch TV programs, and listen to good speakers

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by TreasureTayo(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2020
1. Avoid cramming what to say. It won't help you.

2. Always avoid speaking with people who don't understand and speak good English so it won't affect yours more.

3. Read a lot of books and listen to news in English language. Grab copies of different newspapers and read at your leisure time.

4. Try to speak more of English language than your native language

5. British and American songs will help you a lot.

6. Do not be shy to say what you feel inside of you, if you make mistakes, correct yourself and use the dictionary to know the right spellings.

7.American Movies even Disney Channels and Cartoons or some Action movies will also improve your diction

8. If you do not mind, Why not start from the scratch and get yourself Queen Primer or brighter Grammar? You will be marveled. Don't worry about what people will think of you. Remember, you want to learn right?

9. Encourage your friends to speak English with you and if you have a Girlfriend, That's perfect, she'd help you more.
10. Do not forget to do these things I have mentioned above everyday.

God bless you for being sincere and seeking for help.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by stonemind(f): 10:48am On May 26, 2020
G
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by omoadeleye(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2020
So do you expect us to break your skull and mutter all the English words inside a water then pour it inside your skull then sealed it up again?...

Well, you need to start drilling yourself by reading articles, novels and always have confidence in yourself while speaking or writing, cause there are lots of gbagaun detectors who are always on ground to underscore any of your flubs... Don't get angry at them, just make sure you take to correction and as time goes on , you will surely see some great improvement in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by GeneralPula: 10:48am On May 26, 2020
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by eleojo23: 10:48am On May 26, 2020
Read novels, newspapers and books generally.

Also pay attention to dialogue in English movies (but no go learn African-American English sha so that you will not start saying stuffs like ''you was looking at me" grin)

Most of us learnt English from reading novels, everyday conversations and movies not from English grammar textbooks sef. But if you can lay your hands on any good English grammar text, it will help you.

Also where you live and your friends determines how good your English will be. If you stay in an area where pidgin is the order of the day, you will not learn good grammar.

11 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Zuriel23: 10:48am On May 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by psychologist(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2020
Read widely..

Get a person that speaks a better English than you and engage him/her daily

Then practice, start with small gathering of 2 - 3 people, they may be family members, continue in that vein with larger amount of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Well, to be perfectly honest in my humble opinion without being sentimental, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in distinct perspective and without condemning anyone's view and by trying to make it objectified and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion. I honestly believe that I vividly don't have anything to say. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by ruggedtimi(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.
watch enough Hollywood movies with subtitle(I recommend drama,thriller and romantic movies), it might just help. And also read articles online regularly.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
People Sha get problem for the country. grin
Like you actually crying because you can't speak English. First thing first what level of education did you attain?

8 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Onebyonedead: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Make money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by tutudesz: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Change your friends and location! You will learn how to speak well if you surround yourself with people who speak prefectly.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Hisincrease: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Hehehe grin

Well, begin to communicate more in English and less of your "Agbo" language.

Also, you might consider seeing more of Hollywood movies with subtitles.
Trust me, they are pretty good in terms of communicating in English.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Iamvetlander(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
I'm on this table, my problem is that I read too fast and I'll end up not understanding too well. I try my best to read slow, but it's not working. Help a brother my people.

I have self esteem issue.
I need help

9 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by rastaLivity: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
grin
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by lomprico(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

speak slowly, dont rush what you say by that you are also thinking of your next line of words and have confidence in yourself.

for you to type d topic in correct English, I dont think your English is bad. cheers

9 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by olawale8482: 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Just keep reading any nice write up you come across

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
You must be a Northerner or maybe an IPOB from Anambra cos these two sets of people have severe challenges speaking good English

8 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by StrikeBack(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
How old are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by anochuko01(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
Eyaaaa.
You'll improve if you're really willing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Redeemer’s University Expels Actor Macaroni Over His Activities On Social Media / Elujoba Visits OAU All Hall Of Residence For Inspection (photos) / O.a.u Post-utme 2012/2013 Admission!! (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.