Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Did You Know: Tupac Shakur - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did You Know: Tupac Shakur (1639 Views)

This Guys Having Sex With Huge Ass/WATCH TUPAC LIVE / The BMW Tupac Shakur Was Shot Dead In Is Being Sold With Bullet Holes For $1.75m / Rest In Peace:tupac Amahru Shakur. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 17, 2018
Although alot of people claim Tupac was a.member of the bloods gang, mainly he had no father figure to guide him, all the grown men in his life where all bloods , these where the men who taught him about life so by default he had only one way to go which was to be a gang banger yet

But fact remains Tupac was not a blood. He just had the personality that allowed him to associate with various groups and get genuine respect from them. His affiliation was with Thug Life which was his political, economic and social movement that superseded gang ties. Crips, bloods, Vice Lords or whomever could have joined Thug Life as long as they abided by the prescribed rules.
Though Pac wasn't born on the west coast. Therefore he wasn't born into a certain gang “set” or group. Once Pac left Maryland, New York, and mainly Brooklyn he lived up around San Francisco not so much L A. By the time he got to Los Angeles he was with a group called Digital Underground and didn't hang in the streets as much. Besides being from the east coast and having career goals (unlike 99% of gang members) his work ethic and passion to rap AND his passion to be famous doesn't coincide with the mentality of a gang member. Not to mention how you pretty much HAVE to be in a gang if you are born in California (not just Los Angeles).

Tupac went from being a student to a dancer to a rap superstar in a very short time frame

Tupac as a major contributor to the THUGLIFE CODE USED BY ALL MAJOR GANGS AROUND THE EORLD TILL TODAY

T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E. (The Hate U Give Little Infants bleeps Everybody)

And was a contributor to the codes the would precede the gang Peace Treaty of 1992.

Code OF "THUG LIFE":

1. All new Jacks to the must know: a) He’s going to get . b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.

2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.

3. One crew’s is every crew’s rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all ; and they should too.

4. Crew leader and should select a diplomat, and should ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!

5. Car jacking in our is against the Code.

6. Slinging to is against the Code.

7. Having children slinging is against the Code.

8. No slinging in schools.

9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We’ not having it.

10. Snitches is outta here.

11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control , and make it for squares.

. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s killing; that’s genocide!

. Know your target, who’s the enemy.

14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.

15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.

16. Attacking someone’s home where their is known to reside, must be altered or checked.

17. Senseless brutality and must stop.

18. Our old folks must not be abused.

19. our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.

20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they themselves.

. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.

22. No shooting at parties.

23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!

24. Know the Code; it’s for everyone.

25. Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the code of the Thug Life.

26. Protect yourself at all times..

Tupac and Jada Pinkett Smith dated , where in love but where never intimate

But till tomorrow she misses him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsqc1KmHYHs

See the letter her daughter wrote to Tupac when she was a kid

DEAR TUPAC,

I KNOW YOU ARE ALIVE SOMEPLACE. I THINK THAT MY MOMMY MISSES YOU. CAN YOU COME BACK SO MOMMY AND ME CAN BE HAPPY! I WISH YOU WERE HERE … I REALLY DO!

LOVE, WILLOW

See below the letter PAC wrote to Jada

As his popularity grew, Tupac personally and professionally struggled over his appeal to the mainstream, while battling the allure of conspicuous consumption, excess and sexism.

He knew the destructive forces of violence and what critics call the prison industrial complex, making calls for social justice in his hit “Changes,” which criticized drug dealers and the horrifying effects of mass incarceration. In multiple songs he alerted listeners to the story of Latasha Harlins, the 15-year old black girl whose murderer was given probation by a California court system that had given harsher sentences to people who abused dogs. He created a plan to mitigate the violence in black communities with a code of ethics for drug dealers and truces between gangs.

Nonetheless, Tupac found himself personally mired in violent criminal cases. There were assault charges against him in 1993 and again in 1994. That same year, he was robbed and shot five times in New York City – the day before he was sentenced on sexual assault charges.

And just as commercial hip-hop retreated from the political lyrics of the early 1990s, Tupac’s lyrics gravitated to a gangsta style more aligned and palatable to mainstream audiences and radio stations. From “Ambitionz az a Ridah” through “When We Ride,” references to “money over bitches” and gang-banging shootouts became commonplace. In 1995, Tupac signed with Death Row Records, a label notorious for its violent atmosphere and its volatile founder, Suge Knight.

In time, he adopted Death Row’s gangster rivalries, bluster and violence. Then, while in Las Vegas on Sept. 7, 1996, he joined in the beating of a rival gang member accused of assaulting a Death Row associate. Later that night Tupac was shot multiple times and died from his wounds six days later. Many investigators believe it was a direct retaliation for the beating.

'I might fall, but I’m gonna get up’
In the end, Tupac’s life isn’t just an embodiment of the struggles, contradictions, creativity and promise of a generation. It also serves as a cautionary tale. His life’s abrupt end was a consequence of the allure of success, much like the pull of the streets. His sensitivity, intelligence and creativity were measured against the hostile external forces that had antagonized him since birth. And while these forces inspired him to rebel, they also tempted him, inviting him to gorge on the excesses of fame and celebrity.

Tupac admitted that he wasn’t perfect. In his own words:

“God ain’t finished with me yet. [There’s] a path for me, and I make mistakes, and I might fall, but I’m gonna get up and I keep trying ‘cause I believe in it…It’s still from my soul, my heart.”

Today Tupac’s legacy lives on, with hip-hop playing more prominent roles in academia, the arts and political movements like Black Lives Matter

Tupac & Biggie How two friends became deadly enemies

Tupac and Biggie first encountered each other in 1993, in Los Angeles. There on business, the Brooklyn-bred rapper Biggie asked a local drug dealer to introduce him to Tupac, who invited Biggie and his party to his house.

Once Tupac gifted Biggie a bottle of Hennessy. Biggie slept on Tupac's couch whenever he came back to California, and when Tupac was in New York, he came by Biggie's neighborhood, picking him up in a white limousine and they hung out.

Back then before Biggie blew up, Biggie still wasn't much known outside of Brooklyn. Tupac, by then a platinum‑selling rapper and movie star, acted as a mentor. Biggie and other young rappers assembled in recording studios or hotel rooms to hear Tupac lecture about how to make it in the game.

Tupac devoted special attention to Biggie, grooming him and letting him perform at his concerts. Biggie even told him he'd like to be a part of another of his affiliated groups, called Thug Life. "I trained the nigga, he used to be under me like my lieutenant," Tupac said.

Tupac claimed to have directly influenced Biggie's style. "I used to tell the nigga, 'If you want to make your money, you have to rap for the bitches. Do not rap for the niggas,' " he said. "The bitches will buy your records, and the niggas want what the bitches want." As proof that Biggie had heeded his advice, Tupac cited the difference between his early track, the aggressive "Party and Bullshit," and softer songs from his debut Ready to Die like "Big Poppa," which appealed more to the ladies:

But before Ready to Die came out, Biggie worried he could miss his shot, considering that the new label he was signed to, Bad Boy—owned by his manager Sean "Puffy" Combs—hadn't taken off yet. Things weren't happening for him quickly enough, he complained. He asked Tupac to take over as his manager, in hopes Tupac could advance his music and film career as rapidly as he'd done his own. "Biggie looked like he was wearing the same pair of Timberlands for a year, [while] 'Pac was staying at the Waldorf‑Astoria and buying Rolexes and dating Madonna.

But Tupac declined the offer. "Nah, stay with Puff," he told Biggie. "He will make you a star."

In late 1994, he agreed to record a guest verse for a rapper named Little Shawn, who was close with Puffy and Biggie. The invitation came from Little Shawn's manager, Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, whom Tupac had met through Haitian Jack, and Tupac was to be paid $7,000.

On November 30, 1994, Tupac arrived stoned to Quad Recording Studios in Times Square. He came with three associates, none of whom were bodyguards, and encountered three other men he didn't know, wearing army fatigues. This was fashion from Brooklyn—Biggie's home—so Tupac assumed they were with him. He felt better about the situation when Biggie's affiliated rapper Lil' Cease yelled down to him that Biggie was upstairs recording. Puffy was there, too.

But before Tupac's crew could get on the elevator, the men in army fatigues drew 9mm guns and ordered them to the floor. Instead, Tupac reached for his own gun. He was shot, beaten, and robbed of his jewelry. He played dead, and the assailants left, at which time he staggered into the elevator and rode it upstairs. When the doors opened, he saw a group including Puffy, Biggie, and Henchman. Tupac said the crew looked surprised and guilty, but Puffy claimed they showed him "nothing but love and concern

Puffy and Biggie denied their involvement in the crime, or any prior knowledge of it.

On December 1, 1994, Tupac arrived to a New York City courtroom wearing bandages and confined to a wheelchair, and was pronounced guilty of sexual abuse in the Ayanna Jackson case, though acquitted on the sodomy and weapons charges. Sentenced to a minimum of a year and a half in prison, pending appeal, his bail was set at $3 million.

Unable to raise bail, Tupac served most of his time at Clinton Correctional Facility, a maximum-security prison in upstate New York. Me Against the World, Tupac's third album, was released soon after his prison sentence began. Tupac considered making it his swan song; he was tired of all of the music industry drama. But his passion reignited after a disturbing rumor began to sink in, one that came from people he trusted: that Biggie knew in advance about the Quad studios shooting.

"He owed me more than to turn his head and act like he didn't know niggas was about to blow my fucking head off," he said later. And even if Biggie hadn't set him up, he should at least have been able to find out who did it. "You don't know who shot me in your hometown, these niggas from your neighborhood?"

The way Tupac saw it, his own friend had betrayed him—a friend whom Tupac had helped to acquire fame and fortune

While in prison, Tupac asked his wife Keisha Morris (whom he had married while incarcerated) to relay a message to Suge Knight, the head of the volatile label Death Row Records: He was broke and needed help. On top of the lawyers' fees and everything else, his mother was losing her house.

"Suge sent $15,000 and put it on his books," Reggie Wright Jr., Death Row's head of security, told me. Tupac was jubilant and sent Suge another message, that he'd like to see him.

Few places in the US were farther away from Los Angeles than Dannemora, New York, where Tupac was incarcerated, but Suge began coming out. Further, Death Row offered him something no one else seemed to be able to deliver: release. Death Row's lawyer David Kenner pledged to help Tupac with his case and began working to spring him on an appeal bond.

Suge didn't just try to recruit Tupac to his label, he offered him a place in his family, the most powerful and out-of-control family in hip-hop.

Tupac was still incarcerated in August 1995, when Suge came to visit him again. Immediately afterward Suge headed down to New York City, where, on August 3, the annual awards show put on by hip-hop magazine the Source was held at Madison Square Garden's Paramount Theater. Death Row spent some $100,000 on its opening-act stage show, which included life-size jail cell replicas.

With his chest puffed out, Suge took the stage to accept his label's award for best soundtrack, for Above the Rim. Giving a stink eye to the audience, he digressed, throwing a pointed barb at Sean "Puffy" Combs, the head of Bad Boy, Biggie Smalls's label. Alluding to Puffy's tendency to insert himself in his performers' works, Suge said: "Any artist out there wanna be an artist, and wanna stay a star, and don't have to worry about the executive producer trying to be all in the videos, all on the records, dancing—come to Death Row."

The venue erupted in boos. Why would you do that? Death Row rapper Nate Dogg thought to himself.

Suge had flown straight to the Source Awards from visiting Tupac in prison. That's where Tupac not only agreed to join Death Row, but where he told Suge about his anger at Biggie. "I need you to ride with me because I'm going to destroy Bad Boy Records. I believe they had something to do with me getting shot," Tupac told Suge, according to Reggie Wright Jr. Suge pledged his loyalty. Tupac's enemies would be his enemies.

Battle lines had been drawn, and the Source Awards were the first shots in what would become known as the East Coast-West Coast hip-hop wars. Though there's no evidence that Biggie or Puffy knew about Tupac's shooting in advance, Tupac's belief that this was the case—and his ability to convince Suge as much—spurred a conflict that would eventually claim the lives of both Tupac and Biggie. Their murders remain unsolved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 17, 2018
Pac

Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 7:06pm On May 17, 2018
There’s nothing about Tupac that you can ask, that I won’t know. Love him. Suge Knight was the master around his death. A sacrifice to make more money from death row, but it fell back on his face. That man is pure evil
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
There’s nothing about Tupac that you can ask, that I won’t know. Love him.

I have found a wife oooo
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by calberian: 7:14pm On May 17, 2018
Hmm
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 7:16pm On May 17, 2018
Lakeside79:

I have found a wife oooo
My ring finger is available grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
There’s nothing about Tupac that you can ask, that I won’t know. Love him. Suge Knight was the master around his death. A sacrifice to make more money from death row, but it fell back on his face. That man is pure evil
is the BIG drive by assassination a hoax?
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2018
krattoss:
is the BIG drive by assassination a hoax?
If you’re talking about BIG notorious, I’m not a fan of his, so I’ve not researched it. I do think P diddy sacrificed him for bad boy entertainment. These record labels have to sacrifice their artists for fame+money. Suge Knight wanted to expose this information, and that’s why his life has gone downhill since Tupac’s death, whilst pdiddys has skyrocketed. The man is the richest hip hop mogul in this generation. Smh. P diddy is also pure evil.
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
If you’re talking about BIG notorious, I’m not a fan of his, so I’ve not researched it. I do think P diddy sacrificed him for bad boy entertainment. These record labels have to sacrifice their artists for fame+money. Suge Knight wanted to expose this information, and that’s why his life has gone downhill since Tupac’s death, whilst pdiddys has skyrocketed. The man is the richest hip hop mogul in this generation. Smh. P diddy is also pure evil.
what I heard about Tupac death was that big notorious shot him, then Tupac gang later shot big notorious..
That was what I heard about the whole shiiits
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 7:35pm On May 17, 2018
krattoss:
what I heard about Tupac death was that big notorious shot him, then Tupac gang later shot big notorious..
That was what I heard about the whole shiiits
I don’t think so. It was their own bosses that killed them To make more money. They want you to believe that as a cover up for the truth.
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
I don’t think so. It was their own bosses that killed them To make more money. They want you to believe that as a cover up for the truth.
hmm this ur assertion strong

Reminds me of Michael Jackson brouhaha
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 7:41pm On May 17, 2018
krattoss:
hmm this ur assertion strong

Reminds me of Michael Jackson brouhaha
theyre things we outsiders will never know until we die
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
My ring finger is available grin

How come your profile picture has a dudes face ?

I am not gay just so you know
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Safiaa(f): 8:44pm On May 17, 2018
Lakeside79:

How come your profile picture has a dudes face ?

I am not gay just so you know
He’s my spiritual husband grin

You can be my physical husband grin
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:

Wrong PAC was killed by the east coast trip

Remember when he went to court for the alledged rape ?

He was in the hotel room with a well known Crip set boss they man was the one.who showed PAC how to.dres like a real OG during the trial all 4.men in the hotel room here arested and accused of rape

PAC being a blood oriented true to his set didn't.snitc but went on later to alledged on the that the Crip dude snitched that was why he went to jail

This caused yupac to.be robbed and later killed
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 17, 2018
Safiaa:
He’s my spiritual husband grin

You can be my physical husband grin

Aite I got you

We gotta add each other up on what'sapp and see how it goes
Re: Did You Know: Tupac Shakur by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 17, 2018
Biggie was killed by the west coast bloods not Diddy

Diddy was always a bitch trick who was feather wright

Diddy could never ever pull off a hit on biggie

What you all don't know is us isn't.like Nigeria money can't buy loyalty there and loyalty to your set be your crip or blood is to the grave

Biggie was a Crip straight out of BK , Diddy was a tag even back then

I am not a fan boy I know what I am.sayimg

(1) (Reply)

If You Guys Don't Hear From Me Anytime Soon / I Woke Up And Found: / The Nigerian Behind 441 Acres Of Ocean Front Resort In Great Ningo, Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.