Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Awesome Chronicle Of A Lagos Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Awesome Chronicle Of A Lagos Corper (785 Views)

PPA Urgently Needed by A Lagos Corper Batch C Stream I / Imam Rafiu Olalekan, Lagos Corper Missing (photos) / Lagos Corper Accused Of Stealing An Iphone Finally Speaks, Says "I'm Not A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Awesome Chronicle Of A Lagos Corper by ugofwesh: 11:04pm On May 17, 2018
To my main gist smiley cheesy,it is a bit lengthy but just pardon me.I am a young man close to my mid 30s.I schooled in Benue state,spent close to 7years in school due to incessant external,internal strike and unnecessary breaks.My youth service call-up came very late and besides I couldn’t go with my mates due to some delays from my department.Apparently my service year was full of God’s favour.

Before my service year,I was really hoping to serve in Abuja or Lagos state.Lo and behold! God used a senator to bless me,i was asked to choose between Lagos state and Abuja for my service,I had to choose Lagos state because I was used to Lagos lifestyle.I was in Owerri when our call-up letter came out,I had to rush down to Makurdi the next day.

As soon as I got to school to check my name on the notice board,I saw some students jubilating and equally crying.Lo and behold!i saw my name posted to Lagos state.I kept calm,though i was excited.I gave God all the glory.I rushed back to Owerri the next day to get prepared.There was a flight delay when I was leaving Owerri for Lagos due to bad weather (rainy season).lest I forget,my service year was in 2012.

My flight arrived Lagos very late,I picked a cab direct from Ikeja airport to Iyana Ipaja camp,it was already dark but I had to proceed with my registration.

I didn’t experience anything like frog jump or luggage carrying on the head while checking in at the entrance gate,maybe the soldiers thought every corper sent to Lagos camp is an “ajebutter” or a minister’s son or daughter lol!.

I noticed many people were calling me Mr Macho and Mr NYSC right from camp gate including the vendors across the road and the soldiers at the gate.Hmmmm! I was just wondering why were they tagging me as one,was it because of my physique or “ugly face”? Though I felt so.Not that I was the finest or the sexiest in camp so why the fuss.Lol! Though I was very sweet and okay as a dude.

I finished my registration that same night and I was given a bunk in the hostel.It felt so good to be paired with “soji” guys in the same room,most of them were UniBen graduates and Unilag graduates.
The whole camp ground that night was so messed up due to heavy downpour that very day.Unfortunately,I lost one of my phones that night due to “rush rush o”,i tire o!

welcome to Eko oni baje.

As I was standing in the queue to take a passport for proper documentation,some corpers were pointing at me,calling me Mr Macho,some were even saying they would want me to be in the same platoon with them thinking you can select a platoon by yourself.But honestly,the attention I was getting that night made me uncomfortable and a bit shy though I was a quiet soji guy o

Click the link below to get the full gist.

http://nyscsocial.com/2018/05/17/my-nysc-chronicle-in-lagos-camp

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Want To Go For Nysc Now. Please Advice Me / Batch C Stream 2: Mobilization Question / Corps Members Protest Non-payment Of 9 Months State Allowance In Sokoto(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.