Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia (433 Views)

Pictures Of Stadia To Be Used In FIFA 2018 World Cup In Russia & Matches / 100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia by kloppzy(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2018
Arsene Wenger has been confirmed as a pundit for French outlet BeIN Sports, and will provide analysis for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The former Arsenal boss stepped down from his role at the end of the season after 22 years in charge, after guiding the Gunners to a sixth-place finish.

Wenger has kept his cards close to his chest in regards to taking a new managerial job ahead of the new season, despite admitting he has received a number of offers.

But has taken a role as a pundit for the World Cup, and will be working for BeIN Sports - who he has worked with in the past - once the competition gets underway in June.

On his future beyond this summer, Wenger told the Guardian: "I have friends who can go and lay on a beach all day long for the whole of their holidays and I envy them.

"I just can't do that. I get bored. I need to be doing something. I need a challenge. I have lived and breathed football all these years and it's a passion – I can't imagine doing anything else.

"That's why in a way this is an exciting moment for me, too. I have a new page, a blank page in front of me.

As all good writers know, that can be a time of anguish but I hope I won't have too much of that. It's also a chance to write new chapters."

Arsenal are yet to announce Wenger's replacement, but Mikel Arteta is the overwhelming favourite to succeed the Frenchman.

The Spaniard is currently a first-team coach at Manchester City, but has worked closely with Pep Guardiola over the past seasons, and is exactly what Arsenal are looking for.

What's more, Wenger has given the possible appointment his seal of approval, telling BeIN Sports: "He has all the qualities to do the job, yes and I think as well he is one of the favourites.

"He was a leader, and he has a good passion for the game and he knows the club well, he knows what is important at the club and he was captain of the club. Why Not?"

"He has been an assistant of Guardiola as well, so overall I think he has the qualities."
"He was a leader, and he has a good passion for the game and he knows the club well, he knows what is important at the club and he was captain of the club.
Re: Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia by cheddahboy(m): 12:02pm On May 18, 2018
Wow
Re: Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia by Nashirushekoni(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2018
may be he can perform good paundit unlike average manager he does
Re: Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia by babz007(m): 12:04pm On May 18, 2018
call or whatsapp me today today i got 3 fixed matches in italy seria B this info is 98% sure its from an italian friend of 6years 08170936275 na today today
Re: Arsene Wenger Confirmed As Bein Sports Pundit For The 2018 World Cup In Russia by kloppzy(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2018
lol, he can analyze sport well quote author=Nashirushekoni post=67664115]may be he can perform good paundit unlike average manager he does[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses Shares His "Accolades Skit" With The FA Cup Trophy(video) / Victor Moses Joins Super Eagles Camp As Team Arrive London For England Friendly / 'salah's Injury Is A Punishment From God' - Islamic Preacher Claims, Reveals Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.