Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport (28138 Views)

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi / Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead / Bek Air Plane Crashes Near Kazakhstan's Almaty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by WhiZTiM(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2018
Jarus:
Landing and take off remain the most dangerous times in flying.

Actually,.... Take off is probably (no evidence here) more scary in the case of engine failures
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Jarus(m): 11:42pm On May 18, 2018
WhiZTiM:

Actually,.... Take off is probably more scary in the case of engine failures

Yes o
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Phemi93(m): 11:44pm On May 18, 2018
Thebrightest:
Hope the plane wasn't destroyed?

Oga how far na? This your question sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 18, 2018
Gbammmn !!! grin grin grin....Nairaland Headline Commentator ni grin grin grin
Phemi93:

Oga how far na? This your question sha

1 Like

Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by fashrola(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
The airliner had been leased by state airline Cubana de Aviación from the Mexican company Damojh, Cuba's Director of Air Transport said.

State TV said it was an internal flight from the Cuban capital to Holguin, in the east of the island.

Images showed a thick column of smoke near the crash site. Fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.

Emergency services pictured with ambulances at the scene of the crash
Image caption Emergency services are at the scene of the accident
Radio Havana Cuba said on Twitter that the plane came down on the "highway" between Boyeros and Havana, near the airport.

Prensa Latina said Cuba's President Miguel Diaz-Canel, who was sworn in last month, has rushed to the scene.

I no go talk lipsrsealed
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by IeatPussy: 12:45am On May 19, 2018
fuckerstard:

No..

[img]https://i./CN7a.gif[/img]

Lol
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by shaybebaby(f): 1:27am On May 19, 2018
Reminds me of when I made the same trip, Holguin to Havana. Them planes are quite old, back then the airport was just a shack and tarmac.

The flight back to Holguin (although 45mins) was horrendous, the weather was bad.. Thunderstorm and I had mad panic attacks because it felt like the plane was going to crash.
My heart really goes out to them. But about time they upgraded their air safety.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Nobody: 1:49am On May 19, 2018
must be a case of wrong aviation fuel. When the wrong fuel is used it flies up and crashes back down within minutes. too sad.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by AFONJACOW(m): 4:37am On May 19, 2018
I hope Buhari is in that plane
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by AFONJACOW(m): 4:44am On May 19, 2018
what is the essence of parachute in a situation like this the pillot should have disembark alot of people as he can with parachutes.... oh I forgot its only exist In Bollywood and Hollywood
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Gudfrie(m): 5:04am On May 19, 2018
thesicilian:
Hope there were no fatalities.
Noo not at all
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by mvem(m): 5:15am On May 19, 2018
AFONJACOW:
what is the essence of parachute in a situation like this the pillot should have disembark alot of people as he can with parachutes.... oh I forgot its only exist In Bollywood and Hollywood
...plane that have barely lifted up and they should use parachute...how?...can u understand urself
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by dejavuh0007(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2018
WhiZTiM:

Bros, do you know energy possessed by an airplane already in flight is massive, When it crashes, it has to lose all that energy upon impact.

Assuming the fuel wasn't going to explode, the occupants are still going to have to loose the energy possessed by their inherent speed and mass. There's only little the human body can tolerate before fatal injuries occur.

Yet still, the fuselage is definitely going to fail and flying parts will kill them... If they are luck to survive that,

The fuel will explode to seal the death fate of the passengers.

it's literally impossible for any to survive a plane crash. Every lucky survivor of a plane crash is a miracle
go and watch miracle landing on the Hudson river on YouTube. Though not common, there r have bin a handful of plane crash where over 90% of those on board survived, and more so there has bin the ones where there were lone survivors. a little girl once survived a fall of over 30000 feet when she was thrown out of the plane mid-flight into d Amazon forest.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by agarawu23(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2018
Plane, one of the fastest way to heaven angry
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by NnamdiN: 8:06am On May 19, 2018
Prensa Latina said Cuba's President Miguel Diaz-Canel, who was sworn in last month, has rushed to the scene

Ok oooo.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by SalamRushdie: 8:21am On May 19, 2018
dejavuh0007:

go and watch miracle landing on the Hudson river on YouTube. Though not common, there r have bin a handful of plane crash where over 90% of those on board survived, and more so there has bin the ones where there were lone survivors. a little girl once survived a fall of over 30000 feet when she was thrown out of the plane mid-flight into d Amazon forest.

Miracle in the Hudson was a properly controlled crash land after the plane lost two engines post V2 so the pilot was able to control the angle of attack decently enough on approach of the chosen crash land sight which happened to be the Hudson river ... This crash is a very different in all ramifications because from all immediate evidence the aircraft lost either complete power or hydraulics or critical pre flight check list fail meaning the pilot lost recoverable control of the aircraft somewhere at V2 which means the aircraft literally fell of the sky with all that energy it had built up at take off .it's a miracle 3 people even survived the impact.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Culin(f): 8:36am On May 19, 2018
My heart goes out to them. After reading this, Camila Cabello's 'Havana' is just playing non stop in my head embarassed
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by IamD18: 9:28am On May 19, 2018
shaybebaby:
Reminds me of when I made the same trip, Holguin to Havana. Them planes are quite old, back then the airport was just a shack and tarmac.

The flight back to Holguin (although 45mins) was horrendous, the weather was bad.. Thunderstorm and I had mad panic attacks because it felt like the plane was going to crash.
My heart really goes out to them. But about time they upgraded their air safety.

I know you.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by shaybebaby(f): 9:30am On May 19, 2018
IamD18:

I know you.
Well, I don't know you.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by IamD18: 9:36am On May 19, 2018
shaybebaby:

Well, I don't know you.

Yea, you are right, you don't. But I do.

Do have a nice day.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by shaybebaby(f): 10:23am On May 19, 2018
IamD18:

Yea, you are right, you don't. But I do.

Do have a nice day.
Okay.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by oruma19: 10:27am On May 19, 2018
Readonee35L:
In a Matter of seconds everything could go sour.
Everything you've worked for.
The people you love.
The things you wish for.
They can all perish in seconds.
Such is life.

Love the people who care for you while you can.
Anything can happen anytime.
Rip to the dead. May God Forgive them.
the only good and reasonable comment I have read on Nairaland today. Thank u very much. That's y I always repent very well before boarding a plane. Planes are not like cars that can crash and d people come out easily, u need to feel the speed when this tin takes off and land. Lord please have mercy and protect me as I travel back to nigeria soon because I will be boarding 3 good times, father have mercy, if person wan die, make e die peacefully for house at old age no be d one e go roast like suya...baba forgive us our sins na beg we de so..
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by dejavuh0007(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Miracle in the Hudson was a properly controlled crash land after the plane lost two engines post V2 so the pilot was able to control the angle of attack decently enough on approach of the chosen crash land sight which happened to be the Hudson river ... This crash is a very different in all ramifications because from all immediate evidence the aircraft lost either complete power or hydraulics or critical pre flight check list fail meaning the pilot lost recoverable control of the aircraft somewhere at V2 which means the aircraft literally fell of the sky with all that energy it had built up at take off .it's a miracle 3 people even survived the impact.
still, people do survive plane crash and in some very rare cases, no fatalities occurred. And in the case of the Hudson, the plane didn't fall from the sky, rather it glided to a very unceremonious landing. most modern planes r fitted with that function to glide a safe distance in case of total engine failure so that planes don't just fall from the sky like that.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by kmaster007: 11:21am On May 19, 2018
dail *737# gtbank
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by SalamRushdie: 11:58am On May 19, 2018
dejavuh0007:

still, people do survive plane crash and in some very rare cases, no fatalities occurred. And in the case of the Hudson, the plane didn't fall from the sky, rather it glided to a very unceremonious landing. most modern planes r fitted with that function to glide a safe distance in case of total engine failure so that planes don't just fall from the sky like that.

No plane is fitted with any glide function any plane that that has climbed to a sufficient height to attain a good glide ratio will glide , the average glide ratio for a standard commercial liner is about 300 ft decent to 1 km glide and flight 1549(Hudson miracle) had attained a climb of over 3000 ft before commencing a controlled decent into the Hudson river ... ..Yes there a many situation where aircraft can fall out of the sky like a rock

1:When an aircraft has not attained cruise climb and and anything happens to the Power or hydraulics at that time .

2 : during a take off stall .

3: during and extreme manuvuer and the aircraft becomes irrecoverable from the manuveur

4 : Any significant damage to either the the wings , tail rudder or elevators.

I could go on and on about many other situation that could make a plane fall out of the sky like a rock
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Hakeem12(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2018
WhiZTiM:

Bros, do you know energy possessed by an airplane already in flight is massive, When it crashes, it has to lose all that energy upon impact.

Assuming the fuel wasn't going to explode, the occupants are still going to have to loose the energy possessed by their inherent speed and mass. There's only little the human body can tolerate before fatal injuries occur.

Yet still, the fuselage is definitely going to fail and flying parts will kill them... If they are luck to survive that,

The fuel will explode to seal the death fate of the passengers.

it's literally impossible for any to survive a plane crash. Every lucky survivor of a plane crash is a miracle
And why would a miracle spare just a person or two? Would it mean the rest don't serve God enough or what?
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by AFONJACOW(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
mvem:
...plane that have barely lifted up and they should use parachute...how?...can u understand urself
u mean people can't jump with parachutes I rather die trying
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by mvem(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2018
AFONJACOW:
u mean people can't jump with parachutes I rather die trying
...parachutes have heights u jump from...if a car is travelling at 160 then try jumping out with a big balloon, u will die so well...a plane take off speed that exceeds 240km/h and its close to the ground.... Parachute won't do a thing for u...in fact its better u remain in d plane than do that(u re definitely dieing)
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by mvem(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2018
Hakeem12:
And why would a miracle spare just a person or two? Would it mean the rest don't serve God enough or what?
...and u re asking who?
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Hakeem12(m): 2:49pm On May 19, 2018
mvem:
...and u re asking who?
Well...myself
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Mbediogu(m): 2:52pm On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
A Boeing 737 airliner from Cuba's state airline Cubana de Aviacion has crashed and exploded near Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuban media report.
The plane came down shortly after take-off, Prensa Latina news agency said.
Radio Habana Cuba said it was an internal flight from the Cuban capital to Holguin, in the east of the island.
Witnesses told AFP news agency they could see a thick column of smoke near the airport.
Fire crews and ambulances are reported to be at the scene.
Radio Habana Cuba said on Twitter that the plane came down on the "highway" between Boyeros and Havana, near the airport.

Cuba's president Miguel Diaz-Canel, who was sworn in last month, is said to be en route to the scene, AFP reports.

More than 100 people on board plane that crashed
From CNN’s Patrick Oppmann and Marilia Brocchetto
Cuban state media reports that there were 104 people on board a plane that crashed shortly after takeoff at Havana's airport.

Boeing 737 plane was heading to the Cuban city of Holguin.

It is still unknown if there were fatalities.

https://www.google.tg/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-44176899?espv=1

My interest is in the last sentence. Even in a bus crash involving 100 ppl, you reasonably expect fatalities much more an air crash. May God help them.
Re: Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport by Mryacks: 5:29pm On May 19, 2018
Readonee35L:
In a Matter of seconds everything could go sour.
Everything you've worked for.
The people you love.
The things you wish for.
They can all perish in seconds.
Such is life.

Love the people who care for you while you can.
Anything can happen anytime.
Rip to the dead. May God Forgive them.

So true...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.