Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Bta To Dubai....info Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bta To Dubai....info Needed (8345 Views)

BTA $1,000 Compulsory Before Boarding Ethiopian Airline / Large Passenger Turnout At Air Peace Inaugural Flight To Dubai / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Justbright(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2018
Pls what is the highest amount of money can someone travelling to Dubai hold in US dollars...my younger brother is travelling on Monday and we want to kno how much he can hold..thanks
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Twoclans(f): 11:33am On May 19, 2018
If you are buying dollars from the commercial banks,the highest amount they can sell is usd4000 for pta and USD 5000 for BTA.

Your brother can have that amount in cash then hold a debit or credit card that will be enabled for off shore transactions .

2 Likes

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by sholatech(m): 11:41am On May 19, 2018
Two different questions.
1. Bta is purchase or dollars From bdc/bank for foreign travel. That currently is 5000 USD for Bta & 4000 USD for pta.

2. Cash be can travel with officially should not be more than 10,000 USD or he has to disclose it officially to Customs
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Lush100(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2018
correction.
no disparity in bta/pta. the maximum is 4000 USD. rate is 360. application not earlier than 14 days from date of departure. u must have valid visa & a return ticket
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Justbright(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2018
How long will it take to get d pta...he intent to travel on Tuesday next week
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by ellagabriel(f): 7:08pm On May 22, 2018
with 200k at the airport in lagos.its enough.he will just change it to dollar at the bureau de change there.no big deal with bta when going to dubai sometimes they might not even ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by star4ever: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
ellagabriel:
with 200k at the airport in lagos.its enough.he will just change it to dollar at the bureau de change there.no big deal with bta when going to dubai sometimes they might not even ask.

If the officials at the airport didn't ask, does that make it ok?

I intend to travel for the first time to Dubai nextweek. I have made enquiries from frequent travellers who said that I can buy dollars from Bureau the change. Please what is the right thing to do? Is it to buy from bank which is the BTA or buy from mallams.

I do not want any wahala at the airport. grin

kindly help.

1 Like

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Shugarlord213: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
star4ever:

I intend to travel for the first time to Dubai nextweek. I have made enquiries from frequent travellers who said that I can buy dollars from Bureau the change. Please what is the right thing to do? Is it to buy from bank which is the BTA or buy from mallams.

I do not want any wahala at the airport. grin

kindly help.

Please how much did you arrange for Dubai tourist visa bruv??
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by abbeycool: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
star4ever:

kindly help.

You don’t need to panic about BTA or PTA Just change like 150-250k to Dollar at the airport. If you’ve travelled out of Nigeria before the immigration officers will just ask for coffee money if you like give if you don’t like just smile and work away. But if it is your first time of traveling out dress maturely once they see your passport doesn’t have any stamp they will be passing your passport around till one Officer will start asking some questions. If you have work ID card just talk nicely and if you don’t have as well talk nicely and you will be free or you part with like 2k. But most importantly dress maturely. Safe trip

Note: The airline you are following matters as those guys working with FAAN that will confirm your Visa might be asking for your BTA don’t take it easy with them as they can sell you out. Just give them 1-2K and smile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by star4ever: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thank you for your response.

Please can I also change my money anywhere else other than the airport?

abbeycool:

You don’t need to panic about BTA or PTA Just change like 150-250k to Dollar at the airport. If you’ve travelled out of Nigeria before the immigration officers will just ask for coffee money if you like give if you don’t like just smile and work away. But if it is your first time of traveling out dress maturely once they see your passport doesn’t have any stamp they will be passing your passport around till one Officer will start asking some questions. If you have work ID card just talk nicely and if you don’t have as well talk nicely and you will be free or you part with like 2k. But most importantly dress maturely. Safe trip

Note: The airline you are following matters as those guys working with FAAN that will confirm your Visa might be asking for your BTA don’t take it easy with them as they can sell you out. Just give them 1-2K and smile.

1 Like

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by star4ever: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
I need to confirm the accurate fees from my sponsor.

Shugarlord213:

Please how much did you arrange for Dubai tourist visa bruv??
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Shugarlord213: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
star4ever:
I need to confirm the accurate fees from my sponsor.

Anticipating...
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by mavinc4u(f): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
abbeycool:

Na wah, why are you telling her to give them bribe?
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by mavinc4u(f): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lush100:
correction.

no disparity in bta/pta.
the maximum is 4000 USD.
rate is 360.
application not earlier than 14 days from date of departure.
u must have valid visa & a return ticket

shocked is it up to 360?
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Lush100(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
mavinc4u:

shocked is it up to 360?
yes 1$=360 naira
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by mavinc4u(f): 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lush100:

yes 1$=360 naira

That is card rate now. Card rate and bta are not the same thing.
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by abbeycool: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
star4ever:
Thank you for your response.

Please can I also change my money anywhere else other than the airport?

Yes you change your money anywhere
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by abbeycool: 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
mavinc4u:

Na wah, why are you telling her to give them bribe?

Not bribe my dear, what if she doesn’t have the required amount they will ask for BTA, they will just delay her unnecessarily and she will missed her flight and later reconnect with hundred of dollars. So which one is wise to do. Please fight our government not ourselves. Moreover i travelled frequently on that route and from experience i know what am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by mavinc4u(f): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
abbeycool:

Not bribe my dear, what if she doesn’t have the required amount they will ask for BTA, they will just delay her unnecessarily and she will missed her flight and later reconnect with hundred of dollars. So which one is wise to do. Please fight our government not ourselves. Moreover i travelled frequently on that route and from experience i know what am talking about.

The maximum amount for bta is $4k so it does not concern them if you are travelling with only $1.
Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Ejadike(m): 5:37am On Jun 22, 2018
Justbright:
Pls what is the highest amount of money can someone travelling to Dubai hold in US dollars...my younger brother is travelling on Monday and we want to kno how much he can hold..thanks
if only your brother knew about Fcmb summer travels... He wouldn't have stressed himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bta To Dubai....info Needed by Abiodunspectre(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ejadike:
if only your brother knew about Fcmb summer travels... He wouldn't have stressed himself.

I never regretted getting the card because am enjoying the amazing discount attached to card.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cable Visa Help / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport / Where Is Belarusian Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.