Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (29720 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by nobilis: 5:40am On May 22, 2018
ruffhandu:

Did you even read the post? Did you see this?

Do you know one can be a professor in Nursing?
Your response reeks of empty superiority complex. You need to comprehend the subject.

Stop confusing yourself and your followers.

You tell yourself you have so much information when you're really empty.

Yes, I know someone can be a professor of nursing.
Professorship is an academic position not a clinical position.

This is simple.
I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to understand.

The highest position for a nurse in the hospital setting is either Chief Nursing Superintendent I or Chief Matron I not Professor.

The highest position for a nurse in the academic field is Professor of Nursing and not Chief Matron.

It doesn't mean that a Professor of Nursing cannot also be a chief matron.

Just like the highest position for a doctor in the hospital is Consultant.
While the highest position for a doctor in academia is Professor.
It doesn't mean a consultant cannot also be a Professor.

Get yourself appropriately informed, you won't agree.
You just keep parading yourself with your ignorance and deceiving people.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by ruffhandu: 12:44pm On May 22, 2018
nobilis:

Stop confusing yourself and your followers.

You tell yourself you have so much information when you're really empty.

Yes, I know someone can be a professor of nursing.
Professorship is an academic position not a clinical position.

This is simple.
I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to understand.

The highest position for a nurse in the hospital setting is either Chief Nursing Superintendent I or Chief Matron I not Professor.

The highest position for a nurse in the academic field is Professor of Nursing and not Chief Matron.

It doesn't mean that a Professor of Nursing cannot also be a chief matron.

Just like the highest position for a doctor in the hospital is Consultant.
While the highest position for a doctor in academia is Professor.
It doesn't mean a consultant cannot also be a Professor.

Get yourself appropriately informed, you won't agree.
You just keep parading yourself with your ignorance and deceiving people.

To make a doctor head an association of Nurses. Is he a nurse. I see you don't deserve my time for you lack understanding and would reduce my reasoning to yours if I don't make proper use of my time. I'll stop signifying you with further response.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by nobilis: 12:48pm On May 23, 2018
ruffhandu:

To make a doctor head an association of Nurses. Is he a nurse. I see you don't deserve my time for you lack understanding and would reduce my reasoning to yours if I don't make proper use of my time. I'll stop signifying you with further response.

LOL.
OK o.
So we're no longer talking about how doctors are causing youths to abuse drugs.
You have now shifted it to leadership of the NMCN because you have no facts to buttress your allegations that it is doctors that cause drug addiction.

I will advise you not to derail the thread.

But before that, I will also advise you to read the National Assembly Act establishing the NMCN. Read it very very well.

In that act, it states that there must always be an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant as a member of the Board of the NMCN.

The act also states that the Secretary General/Registrar of the Council is the Chief Executive of the Council.
Now, let's see
In 2012, the Secretary General of the Council was Mrs A. G. Yusuf.
In 2014/2015, the Secretary General of the Council was Mrs E. C. Azuike.
From 2016 till date, the Secretary General of the Council was Alhaji Faruk Umar.

So who is Dr Abisola Clark and where did you get her name from?

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 11:04am On May 25, 2018
nobilis:
I'm still waiting to see how doctors led to the abuse of Tramadol and Codeine by youths.
I feel disappointed. I had expected him to be explicit but as usual succeeded in moving in circles and ended pushing in our faces another beautiful 'trash'.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 11:06am On May 25, 2018
Stephaustin:
There is nothing one cannot see in an epistle written by a person guided by hatred and useless sentiments.

Doctors worsened drug abuse among Nigerian youths?

That some doctors misbehave does not mean all doctors misbehave; that is fallacy.
You cannot tell me that all pharmacists, lab scientists, nurses and other health workers are saints. Let each sector and individual be probed and the result will be very amazing.

Talking about NAFDAC being headed by a pharmacist as appropriate is also fallacious. NAFDAC does not regulate only drugs, but also food, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals and packaged water. Are pharmacists also experts in these fields?

I just pity the poor masses that will always bear the brunt of this mess.

Please note that I am neither a doctor nor a medical student before you accuse me of sentiments.
You just demonstrated how an open mind analyses issues. Commendable
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 11:12am On May 25, 2018
drjay1:
To blame the Nigerian doctor for drug addiction shows a very shallow way of reasoning.
The problem with us as a nation boils down to hatred. Things will only get better when we see beyond our selfish gains and look for practical ways of solving problems.
I wouldn't expect anything less from a pharmacist of his kind as not all pharmacists reason the way the author does. Some have better grasp of issues and control of their tantrumic tendencies.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Stephaustin(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2018
Cityguy:
You just demonstrated how an open mind analyses issues. Commendable
Thank you very much for the compliment.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 1:21pm On May 25, 2018
BushDoctor123:
I thought Doctors are suppose to diagonise an ailment while the phermacist prescribe, but in nigeria the doctors have taken the roles of the phermacist while leaving them with dispensing alone. In sane clime its not done that way.
You are by all means a bushdoctor.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 1:33pm On May 25, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

As an exercise in spotting logical inconsistencies, read over your contribution again.
Haha haha.... real assignment
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 8:03pm On May 25, 2018
ruffhandu:

You need some education. Professor at the head of what? A professor of water resources can only be head of water resources, not biological sciences.

You really need to learn to think.
Drop your ego. He is only telling you that in an academic sphere, professors top. In health setting, it's the doc even when it hurts so much.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 8:06pm On May 25, 2018
nobilis:

Hahahahahaha.
So much bile is in your veins.
In everything I said, this was the only one you picked up.

Whether it is Water Resources or Fire Resources, in the academic profession, the professor is at the head.

For example, in a university, you don't make a non-professor a Vice Chancellor when there are professors around.

Capisce?

Please try and clear the excess bile in your system before it becomes something else.
Even when a professor is not around, one would necessarily have to be IMPORTED whether any other person on ground likes it or not. That is the unwritten rule and those in that environment know they have to fall in line.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 8:13pm On May 25, 2018
nobilis:

LOL.

First of all, you quoted the wrong post to say this your rubbish.

See how you are just feeding yourself and your followers with deliberate misinformation.

Maybe you need to go and consult your pharmacy professors in school.

In Nigeria, pharmacists are not allowed to prescribe medications.
Only doctors are allowed to prescribe medications.

You can carry your head and hit it on the wall as many times as you please.
That is how it is.

You've not finished doing your own job and duty and you're trying to claim one of the duties of doctors.
Tomorrow you guys will say doctors are suppressing you when it is obvious that you guys are the ones overstepping your boundaries.
Truth is they feel incomplete. This talk about being rated second class is out of inferiority complex. The craze to append 'Dr' to their names is born out of this. Why aren't they proud and contented with whoever they chose to be? There are job descriptions they do not want to follow and that is one of the problems. There's no way a patient in a hospital will say first port if call is the pharm, labman and so on except where such an individual is unlearned. It's a tall dream which will NEVER happen.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by ruffhandu: 7:22am On May 26, 2018
Cityguy:

Drop your ego. He is only telling you that in an academic sphere, professors top. In health setting, it's the doc even when it hurts so much.

Lol. Keep fanning your ego. Every profession is distinct. You cannot be the drummer and the dancer at the same time .
Everyone should maintain his, even you Bro.
Re: How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths by Cityguy: 4:04pm On May 26, 2018
ruffhandu:

Lol. Keep fanning your ego. Every profession is distinct. You cannot be the drummer and the dancer at the same time .
Everyone should maintain his, even you Bro.
Just missed it there ore. People can drum and dance simultaneously. It's not about ego, it's standard and Nigeria wouldn't be an exception. It's not everything we can 'Nigerianise'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Gives Birth Stranger's Car Before Getting To The Hospital (Pics) / 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals / Coronavirus: Bowale Abimbola Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.