Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? (581 Views)

Courage From Their Cowardice / Is Suicide Unforgivable Sin / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by HardMirror(m): 11:22pm On May 19, 2018
This is a question for that is sort of a pandora box, more you try to resolve and get an answer the more entangled it becomes.
One of my favourite artists, Avicii committed suicide some weeks ago and the whole world reacted differently to his action.

It is popular to hear people say that those who commit suicide are cowards too scared and weak to face the challenges of life. This is so easy to say, but how many people have the courage to face death and accept it, how much more bring death swiftly upon themselves.

Is it not also possible that those who cant commit suicide are also cowards, unable to accept their inevitable end and bring it rather swiftly upon themselves in their own terms?

Also where in the bible is it written that it is a sin to commit suicide?
Yes the bible may say we belong to God, but that in no way translates to do not commit suicide, afterall death is only a transition, you are not taking your life, you are only returning it to your maker (for those who believe there is afterlife)

Ohhh! Thou shall not kill. That is pretty straightforward aint it? It has nothing to do with yourself, just as thou shalt not commit fornication or adultery is not same as do not masturbate. We simple give these commandments extra interpretations to further put ourselves in deeper religious quagmire.

If i am wrong let me know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:26pm On May 19, 2018
HardMirror:
One of my favourite artists, Avicii committed suicide some weeks ago and the whole world reacted differently to his action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by Bintabisiriyu: 11:30pm On May 19, 2018
My broda suicide is an act of bravery that should be recognised and respected with utmost speed of sincerity.
If a broda could get himself to finally break free from the shackles of this doomed world.
And puts himself thru an unimaginable pain like: drinking poison/acid. Jamming trailer,
jumping into lagoon, or from storeybuilding, or even hanging.
Then such act of bravery should be appreciated.

Even the Bible said that "you should recognise when a pain is too unbearable for you and pull out"
..."The life of a man is in his hands"
What more can i say?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:31pm On May 19, 2018
Suicide is taking a life and that is a sin
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 19, 2018
Tallesty1:
"thy shall not kill"(including yourself )right wink
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by chicoMX(m): 11:42pm On May 19, 2018
Suicide is an act of bravery and cowardice. it's also a sin!
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by HerCuteness(f): 12:00am On May 20, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
My broda suicide is an act of bravery that should be recognised and respected with utmost speed of sincerity.
If a broda could get himself to finally break free from the shackles of this doomed world.
And puts himself thru an unimaginable pain like: drinking poison/acid. Jamming trailer,
jumping into lagoon, or from storeybuilding, or even hanging.
Then such act of bravery should be appreciated.

Even the Bible said that "you should recognise when a pain is too unbearable for you and pull out"
..."The life of a man is in his hands"
What more can i say?
. No Bible verse states that
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by Katier00(f): 12:04am On May 20, 2018
He who runs away, live to fight another day. Suicide is not the best approach or solution to any problem of life. Can't say if it is cowardice or bravery but it is an act of selfishness because you took your own life without considering your love ones and those that look up to you
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by HardMirror(m): 12:17am On May 20, 2018
Katier00:
He who runs away, live to fight another day. Suicide is not the best approach or solution to any problem of life. Can't say if it is cowardice or bravery but it is an act of selfishness because you took your own life without considering your love ones and those that look up to you
i think this is the problem. Good reply
Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:28am On May 20, 2018
chicoMX:
Suicide is an act of bravery and cowardice. it's also a sin!
Tallesty1:

EATING PORK, CATFISH AND CRAYFISH IS FORBIDDEN IN THE BIBLE. THAT'S A SIN AS WELL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by HardMirror(m): 12:35am On May 20, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

EATING PORK, CATFISH AND CRAYFISH IS FORBIDDEN IN THE BIBLE. THAT'S A SIN AS WELL.
true

1 Like

Re: Is Suicide Bravery Or Cowardice? How Is It A Sin? by HardMirror(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2018
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=67708576][/quote] one of my favorite songs ever

(1) (Reply)

2019 : ‘there Will Be Serious Bloodshed' - Prophet Jeremiah Edet Reveals / Satan's Recorded Offences Are Negligible. / It’s A Shame Politicians Are Proud Of Rigged Elections — Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.