Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? (3104 Views)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / Your Beliefs / Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 5:57pm On May 20, 2018
Ironically..reading d bible led me away frm religion and d biblical God..I cldnt undastand hw a God makes all humans and den decides to choose one frm among dis millions "The Israelites" and call dem his pple...

yl also ordering dem to go on genocidal sprees killing oda tribes and pple...

The story dt rent ma heart d most was the one in d 1st book of Samuel..whr God commanded d Israelites to utterly exterminate the amalekites including women ,children and babies...Saul den spared some of d Animals and god was so pissed!!

not becos dis man murdered babies at deir mothers' breast bt becos he spared a few animals...

It was too much to stomach ..the bible as far as i know ..the old testament especially is jst a history of the wars and conquest of the isrealites ..shikenan!..

Being free of dt mental slavery has markedly improved my quality of life and my appreciation for my fellow man..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 6:00pm On May 20, 2018
It's wise to remain in your church and apologise to avoid unnecessary strain in your marriage and family. It's all a front and I believe most pastors are atheists anyway. Better to be assumed a believer than speak just to gather enemies.

As for your children, always encourage them to think for themselves and try to provide good books to broaden their horizon. They'll be fine
Laeroy:
Hi everyone, Goodafternoon and happy Sunday...
Feel very glad to be here....
I hope someone gives me a listening ear here...

I'm a lady of diverse views and beliefs about religion, let's just say I'm a Christian because I'm married to a Christian, I have a child and I'm expectant of the next...I follow my hubby to church just to make him happy...I'm a member of the choir because I've got a great voice and I love to sing.....

Something happened recently to me....
I went for a vigil and the preacher (invited guest), started prayers, even as a regular Christian, I ain't a fan of shaking body and head vigorously when praying, so the preacher insisted EVERYONE stands, but I rebelled and refused to do as he says, and because he noticed that I was a member of the choir, he said right from the altar that I ain't supposed to be a minister, immediately my heart sank, the following day, The issues generated lots of controversies in the church, and the group has decided to punish me, I don't know what the punishment will be, but I guess it will either be an indefinite suspension or I'm being asked to apologize to the whole church....

Normally, if I weren't married, I would leave the church with immediate effect, as I do not think I should be forced to pray in a way and manner I do not believe in...

But I'm married, my husband would not have me go to another church, while I stay at home...
I'm also thinking of what effect this would have on my kid and my home (marriage) in general...
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 6:08pm On May 20, 2018
and the massacre of a whole family including children by Joshua because the father kept some spoils after the collapse of the wall. Of course, instructed by god.

More recent is the Nathanyahu led Israeli government killing unarmed palistinian protesters after the US moved their embassy to Jerusalem. Not surprising to see US evangelicals jubilating over a biblical prophecy. Who cares if all the unarmed people including children are struck dead by the military. I read they even invited Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
undecided undecided
SwagPower:
Ironically..reading d bible led me away frm religion and d biblical God..I cldnt undastand hw a God makes all humans and den decides to choose one frm among dis millions "The Israelites" and call dem his pple...

yl also ordering dem to go on genocidal sprees killing oda tribes and pple...

The story dt rent ma heart d most was the one in d 1st book of Samuel..whr God commanded d Israelites to utterly exterminate the amalekites including women ,children and babies...Saul den spared some of d Animals and god was so pissed!!

not becos dis man murdered babies at deir mothers' breast bt becos he spared a few animals...

It was too much to stomach ..the bible as far as i know ..the old testament especially is jst a history of the wars and conquest of the isrealites ..shikenan!..

Being free of dt mental slavery has markedly improved my quality of life and my appreciation for my fellow man..

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2018
pri3stess:

Used to be until I asked myself certain questions.
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Laeroy(f): 6:49pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
It's wise to remain in your church and apologise to avoid unnecessary strain in your marriage and family. It's all a front and I believe most pastors are atheists anyway. Better to be assumed a believer than speak just to gather enemies.

As for your children, always encourage them to think for themselves and try to provide good books to broaden their horizon. They'll be fine

Thank you EminentLaity

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Reality12: 6:56pm On May 20, 2018
pri3stess:
What made you come to the conclusion that religion is not real??

By default no one is born with religion,we all embrace it at some moment, and then we grow up with it.

After Critical thinking and reasoning, my former belief couldn't stand.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Laeroy(f): 7:01pm On May 20, 2018
SwagPower:

Happy sunday ma'am...We live in a society dt frowns or outrighlty castigates pple who dnt seem to be as religioua as every1 around dem or eho r flat out atheist or agnostic...so i suggest 4 nw jst kip up the charade....The pastors in the churvhes nw r considered demigods and wateva dey say is considered the best practice..No wonder d manipulate tge pple of their congregation wit impunity...

If its a suspension serve it and if u asked to apologize in front of d church although dis myt b difficult or even chastening ..pls go ahead and do it..wldnt take notin frm you and wldnt inteodice strains in2 ir marriage...

its wat the 48 paws of powet will call d "surrender tactics"..

Ah..... Apologize in the front of the church, that would be too much for me...
I might be forced to just declare to them who I am....which would further worsen the issue.......
Imagine apologizing for your faith and belief...

Lying against yourself just to please people...this hurts, but I guess it's a sacrifice I need to make for my family and loved ones.....

Thank U so much bro....
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by pri3stess(f): 7:04pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Very well, although it reads like you doubt the personal efficacy of these religions. However, there are still questions unanswered like how life and the universe came to be, reports of paranormal activities, NDEs Back to life and Jesus stories, if this is the only life, death, evil ... because when belief is discarded, a void is left.

so, you still might be vulnerable to another religion that's not as invasive and violent as the abrahamic ones, that might explain pleasurable coincidences but the question remains: "are the claims true and verifiable?" I liken religion to a strong whirlpool that sucks in those without knowledge. Its potency is not to be underestimated.

The Scientific method is the most reliable way to come to truth based on facts and a fascinating way to understand reality and phenomena. Good to fill that void with objective knowledge.

You should read this if you haven't already: https://www.nairaland.com/2045070/thoughts-questions-religion

I stated that I believe in evolution. I believe in science. I think creationism is BS.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2018
Laeroy:

I might be forced to just declare to them who I am....which would further worsen the issue.......

Lying against yourself just to please people...this hurts, but I guess it's a sacrifice I need to make for my family and loved ones.....

Thank U so much bro....

Just do it for ya loved ones and marriage most particular. You of all person should know that in a society like ours, been an irreligious person is synonymous to been the devil himself. And you know what, the very day day you disclose your disbelief, that the origin of problem in ya home cos from all angles, ya husband will be receiving derogatory side talks and whatever. And you know what it mean? The beginning of the end for ya marriage.

If religious differences is the only problem between your and ya husband, Pls, just apologise to the church and do whatever they request. A fish could avoid trouble trouble if only it kept its mouth shut.

Your home first pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 7:22pm On May 20, 2018
Laeroy:

Thank U so much bro....

Sis pls dnt declare who u r o..abeg!!

in front of a whole congregation of jugemental n holier dan thou xtians?..pls dnt!!

..A tym will come in d not so distant future whr one can freely express their faith or lack of it n not termed devil worshippers or outrighly persecuted..

Bt till den act like every1 else 2 d best of ur ability..I'm nt saying b a coward..bt 4 d sake of ur hubby n kids n parents pls jst hold off wit d declaration..

Apologizing ..especialy wen u didnt do anytin wrong is damn hard..Bt we all who thirst n reach 4 greatness av to do hard tins now and den..

Ull b fyn!.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 7:46pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
and the massacre of a whole family including children by Joshua because the father kept some spoils after the collapse of the wall. Of course, instructed by god.

More recent is the Nathanyahu led Israeli government killing unarmed palistinian protesters after the US moved their embassy to Jerusalem. Not surprising to see US evangelicals jubilating over a biblical prophecy. Who cares if all the unarmed people including children are struck dead by the military. I read they even invited Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
undecided undecided
Of course dey did..shows everytin wrong wit religions..as long as tins r grt for me fvck evrybody else...

of cousre dey'll jubilate d way d children of israel jubilated as dey slaughtered innocent amalekites,canaanites and d rest...

Some times i feel to b deeply religuous u nid to av a hrt of stone.. one dt doesnt empathize wit d plights of humans dt no share ur beliefs...

Funny tin is d xtian population in Israel is maegre behind judaist and muslims..

Bt some twisted book told dem d israelites r gods chosen race..(God being racist BTW) and so Israel can dump a nuclear war head in palestine and d xtians will applaud dem.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 7:51pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:

I hold d same belief as regards pastors being atheists..bt i wldnt go as far as to say "most"..Some genuinely beieve on d fables,a minute population r borderline neurotic...
Power of shared delusions.. cry

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 7:54pm On May 20, 2018
pri3stess:

I stated that I believe in evolution. I believe in science. I think creationism is BS.
I actually believe in creationism..just noy d way the religionists describe it..i jst feel the bigbang is a load of hokum!..pls some learned mind shld help me explain d bigbang..dnt use big words ..i'm not dt smart! cheesy
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by pri3stess(f): 8:42pm On May 20, 2018
SwagPower:

I actually believe in creationism..just noy d way the religionists describe it..i jst feel the bigbang is a load of hokum!..pls some learned mind shld help me explain d bigbang..dnt use big words ..i'm not dt smart! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNDGgL73ihY
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Laeroy(f): 8:47pm On May 20, 2018
SwagPower:

Sis pls dnt declare who u r o..abeg!!

in front of a whole congregation of jugemental n holier dan thou xtians?..pls dnt!!

..A tym will come in d not so distant future whr one can freely express their faith or lack of it n not termed devil worshippers or outrighly persecuted..

Bt till den act like every1 else 2 d best of ur ability..I'm nt saying b a coward..bt 4 d sake of ur hubby n kids n parents pls jst hold off wit d declaration..

Apologizing ..especialy wen u didnt do anytin wrong is damn hard..Bt we all who thirst n reach 4 greatness av to do hard tins now and den..

Ull b fyn!.. smiley

Thank u so much bro....I'll keep to this
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Laeroy(f): 8:49pm On May 20, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Just do it for ya loved ones and marriage most particular. You of all person should know that in a society like ours, been an irreligious person is synonymous to been the devil himself. And you know what, the very day day you disclose your disbelief, that the origin of problem in ya home cos from all angles, ya husband will be receiving derogatory side talks and whatever. And you know what it mean? The beginning of the end for ya marriage.

If religious differences is the only problem between your and ya husband, Pls, just apologise to the church and do whatever they request. A fish could avoid trouble trouble if only it kept its mouth shut.

Your home first pls

Alright bro.....I will....Thanks so much for ur kind concern.
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 8:51pm On May 20, 2018
It's based on the assumption that they've read the whole bible more than once. Hard not to be athiest seeing the so called 'word of God' reading like sadist war manual. The book of Revelation is the minefield for the neurotic. Check MrPresident1 and annyplenty posts grin always apocalyptic delusions calculating when Jesus would come take them away grin

But yeah ... some sincerely believe the fables it should be the lower cadres ... I'd bet the GOs are atheists. Hence, the way they extort all under them.
SwagPower:

I hold d same belief as regards pastors being atheists..bt i wldnt go as far as to say "most"..Some genuinely beieve on d fables,a minute population r borderline neurotic...
Power of shared delusions.. cry

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 9:18pm On May 20, 2018
Heard of Hobble telescope? it was named after Edward Hobble who made an observation with his telescope that the universe was expanding hence it could be deduced that it had a beginning at a single point and the age of the universe could be estimated from calculation.

Stars have been observed to explode from high energy nuclear reactions within them and these explosions birth the 'planets' that revolve around them as well as the elements. The Sun is a medium sized star and would also pop like the others long after we are gone.

Science isn't about beliefs ... no scientist worth his mettle would want anyone to believe them but rather to understand. Nothing is by divine revelation, the 'whys' and the 'hows' have brought humanity this far.

If you could telescope and look into the night sky and you'd be amazed, then you'd understand the fascination of Galileo and those after him. Science begins with the stars.

Religion has never explained correctly any physical phenomena, why start in 2018?

SwagPower:

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Efewestern: 9:23pm On May 20, 2018
Laeroy:

Thank U so much bro....

Happy Sunday madam, I don't think revealing your true self will help in any way, just make excuses, like you were sick that particular day.

Thou I believe in God, sometimes I do some sort of religious activities just to make my family happy, even when I know most pastors are scammers.

you're definitely not alone.
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2018
Laeroy:

Alright bro.....I will....Thanks so much for ur kind concern.
Besides,you could create a thread and mention the moderators. They will hlp push to front-page to get more insight and how to tackle it.

Romance section is best to get large audience. But be rest assured that some kids will say thrash

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 10:53pm On May 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 10:55pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
It's based on the assumption that they've read the whole bible more than once. Hard not to be athiest seeing the so called 'word of God' reading like sadist war manual. The book of Revelation is the minefield for the neurotic. Check MrPresident1 and annyplenty posts grin always apocalyptic delusions calculating when Jesus would come take them away grin

But yeah ... some sincerely believe the fables it should be the lower cadres ... I'd bet the GOs are atheists. Hence, the way they extort all under them.
Yes boss..U ryt I guess..
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 11:03pm On May 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Heard of Hobble telescope? it was named after Edward Hobble who made an observation with his telescope that the universe was expanding hence it could be deduced that it had a beginning at a single point and the age of the universe could be estimated from calculation.

Stars have been observed to explode from high energy nuclear reactions within them and these explosions birth the 'planets' that revolve around them as well as the elements. The Sun is a medium sized star and would also pop like the others long after we are gone.

Science isn't about beliefs ... no scientist worth his mettle would want anyone to believe them but rather to understand. Nothing is by divine revelation, the 'whys' and the 'hows' have brought humanity this far.

If you could telescope and look into the night sky and you'd be amazed, then you'd understand the fascination of Galileo and those after him. Science begins with the stars.

Religion has never explained correctly any physical phenomena, why start in 2018?

Yea heard abt d hubble telescope..cant say i knoe much ant it tho..My question tho s hw did life on earth begin?..

D stars exploded n gave birth to planets..bt hw did life begin on dis planets...taking into nt d vast array of living tins dere r....
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 12:14am On May 21, 2018
all of life are made of atoms. A single cell consists of billions of atoms, the simplest of which is hydrogen.
The kind of reaction that occurs within the stars (the Sun included), which gives it the bright light, is
a very high energy reaction which causes the atoms to combine as one (nuclear fusion) eg. H + H = He. The bigger the star, the higher the energy and the more of these types of reactions. Note, this is unlike the typical chemical reaction where 2 atoms of Hydrogen would give H2 molecule.

Most elements that have been discovered and classified are from stars exploding. Plutonium was created by replicating these nuclear reaction conditions (as in the stars) with isotopes of Uranium.

Each life form can be traced to its fundamental unit, the cell and each cell consists of billions of atoms,
of mostly Carbon and Hydrogen. Under the right conditions, interactions and orientation of atoms would give rise anything we can sense in reality.

How then were these conditions met? I don't know, and haven't looked but here's an interesting article on a paper that attempts to explain: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum

Saying 'I don't know, therefore God did it or it must be God' is an ignorant cop-out for seeking answers or explaining anything. Even if we don't discard the possibility, then, which gods? and what do we know now that that god's religious manual explained accurately? Your guess is as good as mine.

The universe is so grand and majestic that even if there was a god it would be ridiculous to say it is human like. There are billions of stars and each have 'planets' in its orbit (the bigger the star, the more 'planets'). So would you bet then that the only planet with conditions suitable for life is Earth? I won't.

If you could understand goat bleats, you would find that their almighty god that created everything would be goat-like, likewise chimps, elephants etc.

SwagPower:

Yea heard abt d hubble telescope..cant say i knoe much ant it tho..My question tho s hw did life on earth begin?..

D stars exploded n gave birth to planets..bt hw did life begin on dis planets...taking into nt d vast array of living tins dere r....

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Laeroy(f): 1:31am On May 21, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Besides,you could create a thread and mention the moderators. They will hlp push to front-page to get more insight and how to tackle it.

Romance section is best to get large audience. But be rest assured that some kids will say thrash

Alright bro!!

I'll be getting the final verdict on Tuesday and will fill u in as things unfold.....
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by SwagPower: 9:15am On May 21, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
all of life are made of atoms. A single cell consists of billions of atoms, the simplest of which is hydrogen.
The kind of reaction that occurs within the stars (the Sun included), which gives it the bright light, is
a very high energy reaction which causes the atoms to combine as one (nuclear fusion) eg. H + H = He. The bigger the star, the higher the energy and the more of these types of reactions. Note, this is unlike the typical chemical reaction where 2 atoms of Hydrogen would give H2 molecule.

Most elements that have been discovered and classified are from stars exploding. Plutonium was created by replicating these nuclear reaction conditions (as in the stars) with isotopes of Uranium.

Each life form can be traced to its fundamental unit, the cell and each cell consists of billions of atoms,
of mostly Carbon and Hydrogen. Under the right conditions, interactions and orientation of atoms would give rise anything we can sense in reality.

How then were these conditions met? I don't know, and haven't looked but here's an interesting article on a paper that attempts to explain: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum

Saying 'I don't know, therefore God did it or it must be God' is an ignorant cop-out for seeking answers or explaining anything. Even if we don't discard the possibility, then, which gods? and what do we know now that that god's religious manual explained accurately? Your guess is as good as mine.

The universe is so grand and majestic that even if there was a god it would be ridiculous to say it is human like. There are billions of stars and each have 'planets' in its orbit (the bigger the star, the more 'planets'). So would you bet then that the only planet with conditions suitable for life is Earth? I won't.

If you could understand goat bleats, you would find that their almighty god that created everything would be goat-like, likewise chimps, etc.

Chemists report today that a pair of simple compounds, which would have been abundant on early Earth, can give rise to a network of simple reactions that produce the three major classes of biomolecules—nucleic acids, amino acids, and lipids—needed for the earliest form of life to get its start. ..

frm d article u refered me to..I think I'm beginning to get it..My question tho is hw did d stars dt gave rise to planets dt possess d 3 major classes of biomolecules required for d creation of live tins begin?..
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:51am On May 21, 2018
pri3stess:

Okay, what made atheists of Nairaland come to the conclusion that there is no god? Or the abrahamic god does not exist?
Lets start with the basics...

1. All rare natural events(such as earthquakes, eclipses, sunrise/subset etc) of the past which were used by religionist to validate or proof the inteference of a deity in our reality, have been exposed and explained by science...

Meanwhile, other supernatural events (such as... Raising of dead persons, making the sun 'stand still', riding on flying horses, talking animals, virgin-births, heavenly fires, sango's thunder, teleportation, mermaid appearances, flying witches etc) seem to have stopped happening since we invented cameras.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 10:28am On May 21, 2018
Just as stars can been observed when they burst (supernovas) they have been observed when they form (stars are still being formed). There are billions of stars, billions of light years apart from one another. The biggest stars are the blue ones, which is the last stage of its cycle. The Sun is white (we see it as red because of the sky), is sort of medium hot ... as time goes by, millions of years i think, it turns blue, then drags everything in its orbit and pops. Exactly the same process with the other stars. So, yes the world as we know it would end that way or maybe the earth gets hit by a giant meteor or comet (sort of how the dinosaurs all went extinct -check chicxulub crater-. Matter of fact, one flew by earth a few years ago)

Although it is impossible to observe the formation through the end of a star in one lifetime, the stars we see in the night sky (blue coloured) are usually in their last stage of the cycle. Formed from gases then goes from red white then blue. The universe started at a single point. How do we know? because it has been observed that it is expanding...that's how we know the age of the universe and the big bang is the plausible explanation of how it all started. Science is a continuum, if you have a better explanation that you can describe with mathematics, everyone would listen to you but god, creationism, and superstitious myths as the alternative only make one look incredibly silly. (check the scientific method and put any religious belief through it to see if any passes)

Like evolution, is a very slow process, virtually unobservable in a 100 lifetimes, the formation of stars cannot be observed rather at different points during its formation. I talk about stars because atoms are the links between living and non-living things and they come from the stars.

SwagPower:

Chemists report today that a pair of simple compounds, which would have been abundant on early Earth, can give rise to a network of simple reactions that produce the three major classes of biomolecules—nucleic acids, amino acids, and lipids—needed for the earliest form of life to get its start. ..

frm d article u refered me to..I think I'm beginning to get it..My question tho is hw did d stars dt gave rise to planets dt possess d 3 major classes of biomolecules required for d creation of live tins begin?..

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by Martinez19(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2018
I changed when it wasn't making any sense and I discovered that the biblical principles I read of doesn't work and has never worked. I remember telling myself "so much noise about god and his power but yet events unfold as if there is no god and it's just us making things happen." I guess this was when the insight "broke" in my head that atheism might be the reality of things.

I don't know how to post links but I created a topic titled " WHY DO CHRISTIANS LOVE TO KID THEMSELVES?" this topic details the questions I had against christianity. Now, my atheism is firm and stands gidigba like Yokozuna wey you no fit displace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by MrPresident1: 2:15pm On May 21, 2018
TheEminentLaity:

Capital fool
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by TheEminentLaity: 5:57pm On May 21, 2018
Why don't you say when you became a Christian and why you remain one, as you wait for the rapture?
MrPresident1:

Capital fool
Re: Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? by MrPresident1: 6:17pm On May 21, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Why don't you say when you became a Christian and why you remain one, as you wait for the rapture?

I do know that after all that has been said and the quantum of evidence that have been presented, there still would be people who will be caught napping

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Went To Church For The First Time In More Than A Decade / Can God Exist Without Us? / Freshest Proof That Jesus Is The God Of The Old Testament!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.