Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

10 Tips For Tech-writers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Tips For Tech-writers (2058 Views)

10 Tips To Write A SEO Optimized Article / 10 Tips On How To Increase Youtube Views By Yourself / Nigerian Tech Writers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips For Tech-writers by Watsoneology: 9:34am On May 20, 2018
Tech-writing is a great business, but not everybody can afford to be in Tech-Writing Business. It’s a very high profile industry for those that understand how technology industries work.

So there’s not much support around. Follow these 10 quick tips, and you’ll be well on your way to a satisfying tech-writing career.

1) Follow a sensible career path… Appling this 5 listed steps
STEP 1: Start in a team
STEP 2: Stay only just long enough
STEP 3: Manage yourself
STEP 4: Manage a team
STEP 5: Go contracting (depends on the market)

2) Knowledge is your lifeblood – learn the politics of your company. Yes learn the in-depth of the technology industry, Know who knows what.

Find someone who consistently gives you timely, reliable, technically accurate answers, and gets their name stamped among your team member on your follow up list personal!

3) Communicate WITH, not AT. Tech-writers don’t have enough power to get away with communicating at. You see, it is different between communicating at and that of communicating with, communicating with stand for two peoples communication, while that of communicating at, stands for a single person communication, so learn to communicate with technology, don't assume guru, be on learning mode always

4) Track stuff (take spreadsheet printout and write it up on the board).

5) Develop good product and domain knowledge – The more you can figure out for yourself, the better off you’ll be (and the more respect you’ll get from the techies).

6) Find out who your users are, what they are trying to do, what they are having trouble doing, and how they want to be helped.

Then provide this assistance. Help the user do what they are trying to do. Don’t just tell them what the product can do… a help system is only helpful if it addresses the users’ needs.

7) Treat everyone as a customer. Then manage their expectations and your commitments. Always ensure they know what you’re doing. Tell them when you’ll be finished. And pull out all stops to meet your deadline.

cool Provide a surrogate user testing mechanism for the development team – providing usability feedback.

9) Work as hard as required to get good quality doco finished on time and to budget – this is how you’ll get the satisfaction out of work that you need.

10) Have fun with it.

Don’t become jaded and cynical by the high-tech, harsh, uncaring IT world. Use your smarts, and make the most of the resources provided.

Most importantly of all, make work satisfaction your number 1 goal. It’s the best way to stay happy and get ahead.

Discover How To Write, Create And Publish An Ebook Online By Following Source Link

Source https://nairalearn.com/how-to-create-and-publish-your-book-online/

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by Oceannaagent: 6:52am On May 21, 2018
Invest now in oceanna . check my profile picture to understand what I mean.
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by beybeeboy: 6:55am On May 21, 2018
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by sotomayor: 6:58am On May 21, 2018
Hmm nice article.
Get your tech and business info @

https://rubinuvia.com/
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by Sweetcollins: 6:58am On May 21, 2018
Onye nweanyi gbaa gi ume
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by mfmblog: 7:08am On May 21, 2018
I Love Tech:

Free Football Games Download Here=> https://yoloaded.com.ng
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by Nobody: 7:21am On May 21, 2018
Thanks.. I love this.
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by festwiz(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2018
Why is this thread so scanty? Thanks for the advice OP. Running tech blogs can be really frustrating to run all by yourself.
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by sangresan(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2018
Anybody up for starting a blog about phones should pm me....
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by chukzyfcbb: 9:25am On May 21, 2018
There are very very fee tech blogs in Nigeria. blogs where one can learn several ICT topics are few. What I see most of the times are blogs discussing a phone specs and all that.

Very few E-learning blogs done by a Nigerian, most I have come across are foreign, thinking of starting one soon.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by Watsoneology: 9:36am On May 21, 2018
You are right bro

Alot to learn about ICT We need more such niche blogger here in Nigeria
chukzyfcbb:
There are very very fee tech blogs in Nigeria. blogs where one can learn several ICT topics are few. What I see most of the times are blogs discussing a phone specs and all that.

Very few E-learning blogs done by a Nigerian, most I have come across are foreign, thinking of starting one soon.
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by donqx: 9:37am On May 21, 2018
ok
Re: 10 Tips For Tech-writers by Doerstech(m): 6:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Good tips....

visit https://www.doerstechnologies.com.ng/blog

For interesting posts on SEO and Web design related topics...

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Send Unlimited Mails/hr With Php Mail() Function / The Greatest Computer Hacker Of Our Time / Submit Your Website On 2500 Website Wiith 1 Click

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.