Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigerian Music Rules South America - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Music Rules South America (319 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye Declares Davido As The 001 Of The Nigerian Music Industry / 100 Nigerian Music Artistes And Their Real Names ( See List ) / Patoranking: "Mr Eazi Did Not Introduce Ghanaian Sounds Into Nigerian Music" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Rules South America by bilms(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2018
Nigerian Music rules in South America
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Suriname, a country is south america bought over 10,000 tickets to watch Nigerian music star, Davido. Who said Nigerian music is not global? Who said our music can't be number one in the world?

For a moment, let us reason together.

Have you ever heard about that country before? Suriname. Honestly speaking, I just did for the very first time last night. Its a dutch speaking South American country with just a little over 500,000 population.

Davido sold out over 10,000 tickets in the unknown south american country and the crowd was so amazing.

Are these the same youths president Buhari called lazy? I doubt if anyone in that country knows Buhari or any politician in Nigeria.

The surprising part of the story was that, despite being a Dutch speaking country, the crowd sang every Davido's song word for word, including the Yoruba words.

I was like, how does these Dutch people speaks English, pigin and Yoruba so effortlessly? This can only happen through music. Indeed, music is a universal language.

(1) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Changes Stage Name Amidst Crisis With Record Label, G-worldwide / Who You Should Meet To Be Successful In Life / 6 Things You Must Do ,to Make Your Man Love U Endlessly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.