Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Proof Of The Trinity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof Of The Trinity? (1024 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof Of The Trinity? by SeanT21(f): 12:16am On May 26, 2010
In Religion class, this verse caused a big debate about the trinity.

Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth
Gen 1:26

Why the "Us", "our"??
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2010
SeanT21:

Why the "Us", "our"??

Because they were a team of scientists with great knowledge of genetic engineering, capable of creating new breeds of biological space suits(physical bodies) for souls to inhabit for experiencing the physical universe?
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by ednut1(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2010
Proof that ur proof is no proof. Ur genesis lack logic. Adam and eve story does nt explain hw black, white,asian com about. Or from where cain's wife 4rm. Ur proof is a flop
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by viaro: 8:52am On May 26, 2010
ednut1:

Proof that your proof is no proof. your genesis lack logic. Adam and eve story does nt explain hw black, white,asian com about. Or from where cain's wife 4rm. your proof is a flop

Was the question in the OP about the Trinity or about the different races?

It pays to carefully look at a topic or subject and discuss along what is said, not what it does not say. . . otherwise you end up making a mockery of your own post.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 26, 2010
viaro:

Was the question in the OP about the Trinity or about the different races?

It pays to carefully look at a topic or subject and discuss along what is said, not what it does not say. . . otherwise you end up making a mockery of your own post.

We have people on NL that loves chasing shadows and making frivolous posts in order to be noticed and increase the number of their posts
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by smallman1: 4:28pm On May 26, 2010
Fat lie,
first of all the holy spirit is God's active force it is not a being.so that shows that it cannot be part of a mysterious trinity teaching.
the biggest of all.Jesus Christ himself said it that the father is greater than he is. so the teaching of tree gods in one with equal power is a myth,just one of the myths taught by false churches( i am a christian as well so i am not beefing any).there are so many other parts of the bible that proofs that the trinity is nothing but a myth.if you like to know just call me and i will tell you all the bible portions. my number is:+2348081382872. if you also feel like to challenge  what i have just said you can also call me.

luv,
small man.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by chakula: 5:45pm On May 26, 2010
small man:

Fat lie,
first of all the holy spirit is God's active force it is not a being.so that shows that it cannot be part of a mysterious trinity teaching.
the biggest of all.Jesus Christ himself said it that the father is greater than he is. so the teaching of tree gods in one with equal power is a myth,just one of the myths taught by false churches( i am a christian as well so i am not beefing any).there are so many other parts of the bible that proofs that the trinity is nothing but a myth.if you like to know just call me and i will tell you all the bible portions. my number is:+2348081382872. if you also feel like to challenge what i have just said you can also call me.

luv,
small man.

Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by viaro: 6:29pm On May 26, 2010
small man:

Fat lie,
first of all the holy spirit is God's active force it is not a being.

I seriously worry over people who fart out hugely false statements while assuming that others are saying what is not true.

What do you mean by an "active force"? Have you ever taken the time to read about WHO the Holy Spirit is in Scripture? What do you have to say about the fact that the Holy Spirit is presented as a Divine Personage having attributes which we find expressed about God (such as speaking to His people - "the Holy Spirit said", Acts 13:2)?

chakula:

Is "the Holy Spirit" is mere "force" in your Islam? I know you like to applaud whatever you like, even though many times you plainly do not have a clue about what is being discussed.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by kieryn(f): 3:03am On May 27, 2010
Trinit trinity! What does the scripture prove about trinity? "us" meaning god and christ lik you and your friend. "in our image" christ is god image lik man is in god's image. doesnt mean their the same. lik the saying goes like father like son. are father and son same people , no just alike in their personalities mannerism attributes etc. . finished.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by 123jml: 10:45am On May 27, 2010
viaro:

I seriously worry over people who fart out hugely false statements while assuming that others are saying what is not true.

What do you mean by an "active force"? Have you ever taken the time to read about WHO the Holy Spirit is in Scripture? What do you have to say about the fact that the Holy Spirit is presented as a Divine Personage having attributes which we find expressed about God (such as speaking to His people - "the Holy Spirit said", Acts 13:2)?

you that you have read about what the holy spirit is in the scripture i think is not too bad if you brief us,but without doing so how can we trusted you while nothing provided from you as a fact?
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by viaro: 11:15am On May 27, 2010
123jml:

you that you have read about what the holy spirit is in the scripture i think is not too bad if you brief us,but without doing so how can we trusted you while nothing provided from you as a fact?

I don't claim to know more than anybody on this thread or forum; but I am very concerned indeed to read someone claim that the Holy Spirit is God's "active force" while completely ignoring the attributes of Personality given in Scripture about the Holy Spirit. And that was why I gave just one example: the Holy Spirit SPEAKS (Acts 13:2 - "the Holy Ghost said"wink - do you have something else against that, or you are tacitly acknowledging that "small man" was in error?
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2010
Toba and vairo. The proof she quoted ws 4rm genesis and i talked bt genesis. B4 u post thrash wear ur specs. Fking clowns
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 28, 2010
ednut1:

Toba and vairo. The proof she quoted ws 4rm genesis and i talked bt genesis. B4 u post thrash wear your specs. Fking clowns

U are sick in the brain. Even if shes proofing revelation how does it affect u
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by viaro: 6:29pm On May 28, 2010
ednut1:

Toba and vairo. The proof she quoted ws 4rm genesis and i talked bt genesis. B4 u post thrash wear your specs. Fking clowns

Haha! grin Did she talk about the different races from Adam or about the Trinity from Genesis? I guess your goggles are wider than a windscreen! grin
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 28, 2010
viaro:

Haha! grin Did she talk about the different races from Adam or about the Trinity from Genesis? I guess your goggles are wider than a windscreen! grin
hahahahahaha. Loooooooooooolrmaof
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by chakula: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2010
The trinity is not a biblical belief, major western encyclopedias and doctrines, written in the Christian West ,by mainly Western Christians ,admit to these facts;

The New Chatolic Encyclopedia:Trinity , the doctrine is not explicitly taught in the New Testiment.

Encyclopedia International :The doctrine of the trinity did not form part of the Apostles preaching as this is reported in the New Testtiment.

Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics:In the New testiment we do not find the doctrine of trinity in anything like its developed form,not even in the Pauline and Johnnine theology.

New Bible Dictionary: The word is not found in the Bible and,though used by Tertullian in the last decade of the 2nd Century,it did not find a place formally in the theology of the Church till 4th century.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by vedaxcool(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
The use of the term We and us is common in semetic languages, we and ours connotes I and mine, It is referred to as the royal plural,so you have no grounds to state that we refers to a trinity cause even for argument sake we could be thousand or millions how you came about your trinity only shows your biasedness in the matter under discussion.
more importantly the Jews believe in only one God not a trinity and we all know that christianity borrowed from Judaism hence you cannot tell us Judaism that predates Christianity by thousands of years could not understand a scripture given to them. Clearly the main reason trinity is hovering over the head of Christianity is because of Roman Paganism even in Egyptian mythology there is trinity, in Hinduism there is trinity. You point does not hold water at all.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by Image123(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2010
^But it sure holds fire. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by vedaxcool(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2010
It seems Trinity is not a christian invention

Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by vedaxcool(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2010
More trinity for you

Re: Proof Of The Trinity? by italo: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
The trinity is not a biblical belief, major western encyclopedias and doctrines, written in the Christian West ,by mainly Western Christians ,admit to these facts;

The New Chatolic Encyclopedia:Trinity , the doctrine is not explicitly taught in the New Testiment.

Encyclopedia International :The doctrine of the trinity did not form part of the Apostles preaching as this is reported in the New Testtiment.

Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics:In the New testiment we do not find the doctrine of trinity in anything like its developed form,not even in the Pauline and Johnnine theology.

New Bible Dictionary: The word is not found in the Bible and,though used by Tertullian in the last decade of the 2nd Century,it did not find a place formally in the theology of the Church till 4th century.

You achieve nothing by saying that the trinity is not a biblical belief. Even the Bible itself is not Biblical ('Bible' is not mentioned in the Bible).

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible(which, according to the Quran, Mohammed should refer to), taught us about Jesus and the Trinity. So why do you pick the Bible, Jesus and say that 'The Trinity' is a Catholic fabrication?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus The Same Yesterday, Today And Forever / ! / When Is Civil Disobedience Allowed For A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.