Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,184 members, 7,825,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

About The Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9786 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Trinity by Mranony: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
This is what the Trinity means in short form

1. God is One
2. The Father is God
3. The Son is God
4. The Holy Spirit is God
5. The Father is not the Son
6. The Father is not the Holy Spirit
7. The Son is not the Father
8. The Son is not the Holy Spirit
9. The Holy Spirit is not the Son
10. The Holy Spirit is not the Father
11. God is one being and three persons.

I challenge anyone to produce any bible verse/verses that refutes the above statements. And please when you do, point out which of the statements you are trying to refute and how your bible verses refutes it/them.

I await your responses

P/s: If you don't believe the bible is the word of God, please don't bother commenting. Your opinion is not needed here

4 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
Trinity again!!!
In summary, "God" is just a title and it can be used to address Jesus, Yahweh and the Holy Spirit. Even Allah, Krishna, Horus, Mithras, Sango, Amadioha etc etc all lay claim to the title. But one thing's for sure, heaven isn't big enough for three Gods.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by okeyxyz(m): 9:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Trinity again!!!
In summary, "God" is just a title and it can be used to address Jesus, Yahweh and the Holy Spirit. Even Allah, Krishna, Horus, Mithras, Sango, Amadioha etc etc all lay claim to the title. But one thing's for sure, heaven isn't big enough for three Gods.

Obviously you miss the simple message of @Anony. This is a thread for people how want to discuss or debate christian theology/doctrine. If you were not so eager to jump(and comment) before even thinking you wouldn't be dragging krishna, allah, etc into this thread.

Nigerians just love to make a show of ignorance rather than of knowlegde. SMH
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
where is frosb the articleman?

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 06, 2013
“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”

― Thomas Jefferson

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 12:49am On Jun 06, 2013
frosbel: “Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”

― Thomas Jefferson

Man made statement..

5 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 1:47am On Jun 06, 2013
frosbel: “Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”

― Thomas Jefferson
other TJ quotes,

"The Christian God is a being of terrific character - cruel, vindictive, capricious and
unjust."
"Christianity is the most perverted system
that ever shone on man."

seems Olaa might actually be right about your regress.

3 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 5:37am On Jun 06, 2013
okeyxyz:

Obviously you miss the simple message of @Anony. This is a thread for people how want to discuss or debate christian theology/doctrine. If you were not so eager to jump(and comment) before even thinking you wouldn't be dragging krishna, allah, etc into this thread.

Nigerians just love to make a show of ignorance rather than of knowlegde. SMH
Mr attacker, I only added them to expatiate on my point that "GOD" is just a title. Yahweh can be "God", Allah can be "God", Krishna can be "God". Saying Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God doesn't hold much water.

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 5:47am On Jun 06, 2013
11. God is one being and three persons
@op, why don't you post a bible verse that supports this statement.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 06, 2013
Anony, move on to better things.

We have discussed the trinity to death.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by ayenny02(m): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony: This is what the Trinity means in short form

3. The Son is God

I challenge anyone to produce any bible verse/verses that refutes the above statements. And please when you do, point out which of the statements you are trying to refute and how your bible verses refutes it/them.
"Son of God" is the same as "Servant of God" in Hebrew!

God speaks to the nation as though he were a single person. Israel is, in fact, God's son (Exod 4:22 Deut 14:1 Jer 31:9 Hosea 11:1)

Israel's Father nurtures him to grow up and become a worshiping servant (Exod 4:23 — "Let my son go that he may serve me"wink."

New King James Version
Acts 3:25 - You are the sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Acts 3:26 - To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning every one of you away from his iniquities

COMPARE IT
King James Version
Acts 3:25 - Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Acts 3:26 - Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities

I await your responses

HOLY SPIRIT AND HOLY GHOST MEAN ANGEL GABRIEL
Matthew 1:18
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Compare now with Luke 1:26-27
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Mattew mentioned holy ghost and luke mentioned the angel gabriel, so the HOLY GHOST is then the ANGEL GABRIEL

I await your responses

From my explanation above God is ONE not three person
Thks
Re: About The Trinity by brainpulse: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2013
Singing...My favorite song

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!

4 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2013
Image123:
other TJ quotes,

"The Christian God is a being of terrific character - cruel, vindictive, capricious and
unjust."
that ever shone on man."

Yeah..olaa may be right.The guy probably needs help.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2013
brainpulse: Singing...My favorite song

Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
I love this hymn.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2013
Jesus Christ cleanses us, the Father forgives us, and the Spirit renews us. All these are the action of a person. Chikena!!!
Re: About The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2013

1. God is One
2. The Father is God
3. The Son is God

I await your responses

P/s: If you don't believe the bible is the word of God, please don't bother commenting. Your opinion is not needed here

Most anti-trinitarians are also antinomians, so it is no surprise if they're unable to come up with any verse to dispute your challenge.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Jesus Christ cleanses us, the Father forgives us, and the Spirit renews us. All these are the action of a person. Chikena!!!

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
@op, why don't you post a bible verse that supports this statement.
Lol, let's see how honest you are being; Would you agree that if I can show you bible verses supporting each of the statements from 1 to 10, statement 11 will be your inevitable conclusion?

By the way, how far? I no come see you for whatsapp again?
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
ayenny02: "Son of God" is the same as "Servant of God" in Hebrew!

God speaks to the nation as though he were a single person. Israel is, in fact, God's son (Exod 4:22 Deut 14:1 Jer 31:9 Hosea 11:1)

Israel's Father nurtures him to grow up and become a worshiping servant (Exod 4:23 — "Let my son go that he may serve me"wink."

New King James Version
Acts 3:25 - You are the sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Acts 3:26 - To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning every one of you away from his iniquities

COMPARE IT
King James Version
Acts 3:25 - Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Acts 3:26 - Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities
HOLY SPIRIT AND HOLY GHOST MEAN ANGEL GABRIEL
Matthew 1:18
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Compare now with Luke 1:26-27
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Mattew mentioned holy ghost and luke mentioned the angel gabriel, so the HOLY GHOST is then the ANGEL GABRIEL

From my explanation above God is ONE not three person
Thks
Please permit me to come back and handle this later.
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, let's see how honest you are being; Would you agree that if I can show you bible verses supporting each of the statements from 1 to 10, statement 11 will be your inevitable conclusion?
The word "God" is just a title hence it can be used to refer to both Christ and the Holy Spirit. What I want you to show me is a verse that explicitly states that the Father {God} is one being and yet three persons at the same time.

By the way, how far? I no come see you for whatsapp again?
Money constraints bro, had to sell my phone. The current one I'm using does not support the application. Hope to get a new one soon. I even lost your number when my sim got damaged, could you kindly resend it?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Please permit me to come back and handle this later.
So you dey whatsapp? You still get my number?
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2013

1. God is One
2. The Father is God
3. The Son is God

I await your responses

I REJECT AND ABANDON YOUR REQUEST THAT NON BIBLE BELIEVERS SHOULD NOT COMMENT!

Now -

Jesus says -

https://www.nairaland.com/344297/dr-david-sheds-some-light#4817959
Re: About The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2013

1. God is One
2. The Father is God
3. The Son is God

I await your responses

The bolded contradicts 1 corinthians 8:6......

And don't go on yapping about....

New International Version
(©2011)
yet for us there is but one God,
the Father
, from whom all things
came and for whom we live; and
there is but one Lord, Jesus
Christ, through whom all things
came and through whom we live.

To us there is ONE GOD who is one being and he is the FATHER...

You would have to re-write scriptures to support your false stance

3 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
Image123:
other TJ quotes,

unjust."
that ever shone on man."

Mind you , he used The phrase 'Christian God' , not the real GOD. For many false teachers like you have so misrepresented the character of GOD , to such a terrible degree , that those from the outside do not have a true reflection of his real loving , kind, gentle character.

Away with your cruel wicked demonic hellish doctrines.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2013

The word "God" is just a title hence it can be used to refer to both Christ and the Holy Spirit. What I want you to show me is a verse that explicitly states that the Father {God} is one being and yet three persons at the same time.

The bolded is what I've asked anony since the world began but no answer
Re: About The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Most anti-trinitarians are also antinomians, so it is no surprise if they're unable to come up with any verse to dispute your challenge.

The Good thing about this diagram is that it actually explains why Jesus doesn't know the day and hour the end would come but only The Father.........

Because he isn't the Father and therefore not a person making up a triune God head.......

3 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

The Good thing about this diagram is that it actually explains why Jesus doesn't know the day and hour the end would come but only The Father.........

Because he isn't the Father and therefore not a person making up a triune God head.......
grin see ya lyf.That was when Jesus was on earth as a MAN.What gave you this warped idea that He doesn't know it now?
Re: About The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: grin see ya lyf.That was when Jesus was on earth as a MAN.What gave you this warped idea that He doesn't know it now?

The bolded i§ complete balderdash......

He was man!!!!!!! He was man!!!!!!......but he was Jesus the son of God,the word of God who came in flesh.........

Ok now let me take you to when Jesus was no longer a man.......

Acts 1:6-7
New Living Translation (NLT)
The Ascension of Jesus
6 So when the apostles were with Jesus, they
kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for
you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, “The Father alone has the
authority to set those dates and times, and
they are not for you to know.

This is the glorified ressurected Jesus who was about ascending to heaven........

Is Jesus right when he says he does not know what is kept covert to the Father alone or should we take the spurious assertions of bidam and the rest trinitarians??.......

And take note........Jesus didn't just use the title GOD so that some of you can assume he was talking about the trinity combo.....

But behold Jesus mentioned the Father alone......

3 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
frosbel:

Mind you , he used The phrase 'Christian God' , not the real GOD. For many false teachers like you have so misrepresented the character of GOD , to such a terrible degree , that those from the outside do not have a true reflection of his real loving , kind, gentle character.

Away with your cruel wicked demonic hellish doctrines.

smiley
Truly, a drowning man would clutch at a straw.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Image123:
Truly, a drowning man would clutch at a straw.

Please don't drown in your false teachings !
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel:
Mind you , he used The phrase 'Christian God' , not the real GOD.

If the Christian God is not the real God then why are you still a Christian?

#Sorry Anony for derailing a bit. I couldn't help but notice the irony.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

The bolded i§ complete balderdash......

He was man!!!!!!! He was man!!!!!!......but he was Jesus the son of God,the word of God who came in flesh.........

Ok now let me take you to when Jesus was no longer a man.......

Acts 1:6-7
New Living Translation (NLT)
The Ascension of Jesus
6 So when the apostles were with Jesus, they
kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for
you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, “The Father alone has the
authority to set those dates and times, and
they are not for you to know.

This is the glorified ressurected Jesus who was about ascending to heaven........

Is Jesus right when he says he does not know what is kept covert to the Father alone or should we take the spurious assertions of bidam and the rest trinitarians??.......

And take note........Jesus didn't just use the title GOD so that some of you can assume he was talking about the trinity combo.....

But behold Jesus mentioned the Father alone......

grin I knew you would come up with this lame assertions of "alone" which is only found in your bible.The hypocrisy of it all is that your fathers have actually predicted times without number that the world will end on set dates and till date their prophecies has not come to pass. Or do you want me to quote all of their statements in this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Lying Deity / Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED] / Questions About Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.