Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

3 Things You Need To Remember When Your Co-workers Are Driving You Insane - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Things You Need To Remember When Your Co-workers Are Driving You Insane (292 Views)

My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site / Uchenna Obigwe Exposes How Many Months Workers Are Owed In Abia State (VIDEO) / Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Things You Need To Remember When Your Co-workers Are Driving You Insane by VirtueDigest: 11:06am On May 22, 2018
Your co-workers make you crazy.

They clog up your inbox with unnecessary emails. They drop by your desk unannounced to bore you with pointless conversations (even when you’re clearly swamped). They stink up your shared space with their hardboiled egg lunches.

There’s no doubt about it—working with other people presents some challenges (and some frustrations).

So, it comes as little surprise that people repeatedly tell me how lucky I am to work totally alone (unless you count my dogs, of course). And, most of the time? I’ll admit that it’s nice to not have to deal with those common grievances.

But, recently, I spent a few days in The Muse’s office working right alongside the people I’m normally hundreds of miles away from.

What I realized? Sure, the standard office brings it with a few annoyances and inconveniences. But, what else? There’s a lot to appreciate about having co-workers.

So, in those moments when you feel like you need to do some deep breathing exercises in the the privacy of a bathroom stall to avoid screaming at your deskmate, remind yourself of these three benefits and then leave that bathroom with a brand new attitude.

Co-workers Make Great Sounding Boards
One of the things I loved most about having my co-workers within arm’s reach was the fact that it was so easy to bounce an idea around.

When I didn’t know whether I should say “careers page” or “career page”? I asked what they thought. When I was stuck without any inspiration for an article idea? Our conversations gave me tons of nuggets that I could go off of.

Read more: http://www.virtuedigest.com/3-things-you-need-to-remember-when-your-co-workers-are-driving-you-insane/

(1) (Reply)

5 Things That Can Easily Make You Poor In Kenya As A Youth – 2018 Research / Apply For Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2018 / The 3rd Job-finding Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.