Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline (13786 Views)

PTDF Scholarship 2023/2024 (application Form And Deadline) / Please Reopen Jamb Direct Entry Form / Release Date and Deadline for JAMB 2020/2021 Registration Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by lawalosky(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2018
I just felt this is the right time to talk about this once and for all, since most of this year prospective direct entry applicants keep asking for what is the meaning of Jamb regularization, jamb regularization deadline, jamb regularization fee and how to get jamb regularization number. Since this is new to most people, I will use this post to discuss all about regularization.
Before, there was nothing like Jamb regularization.
Then, if you are a direct entry applicant then, all you need to do is to obtain your DE form from Jamb office and fill the form appropriately. You don’t even need to go to cafe because you can do it with your phone since there was no biometric.
Now the story has completely changed. Direct entry registration has became more tough. Jamb has introduced Biometric capturing and Jamb regularization.
So What Is Jamb Regularization or Late Application?
The only question that will come to your mind when you heard of this phrase is ”What is Jamb regularization?
This simply means reconciliation of your OND/ND/NCE/HND admission between your institution and JAMB. I hope you understand what I mean? In case you don’t, let me explain Jamb regularization in another way.
Note that, JAMB regularisation is also known as LATE APPLICATION on JAMB website.
Meaning Of Regularization In Practical
When you got admission into your previous school, Polytechnic, College of Education or any other one. There are chances that your polytechnic or college of education admitted you without Jamb’s Knowledge or approval. This could happened in two ways:
1. You were admitted as a part time student who did not write UTME to secure the admission. So you don’t even have Jamb number.
2. You wrote UTME and you got admission but your school did not notify Jamb of your admission. Even though you have Jamb number.
Whatever the situation is, you are in the same problem.
How To Know You Have Regularization Problem Before You Obtain Direct Entry Form
This is not funny, because you might not have been aware if not that you want to obtain direct entry form, or you want to go to NYSC. To know if you have this problem. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.jamb.org.ng
2. Scroll to the year you wrote your jamb (e.g 2013)
3. Click on Check admission Status
4. Enter your Jamb number and click enter.
You are meant to get a message, showing your details, school, passport and the course you studied in ND/NCE/HND. then you are not going to regularize. Just go ahead and apply for DE.
But if you got a message like ‘Sorry no admission is given yet ‘…, then you need to regularize before applying for direct entry/NYSC.
Note: The above procedures is to be carried out only by those who have a Jamb number. In case you were a part time students then, you entered without taking Jamb, don’t bother to check. I will tell you what to do.
Either you have Jamb number or part time students, you are both in the same problem.
Steps by Steps Guides to Apply for JAMB Regularization
You are to pay N10,000 for JAMB regularisation to JAMB account either through direct online payment or through remitta. Your school is not expected to charge you anything. Kindly follow the procedures below to regulaise your admission today
1. Visit www.jamb.org.ng
2. Select “Late Application”
3. Create a JAMB profile (Requires a valid email)
4. Login through the account created
5. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services..
6. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar
7. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
8. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service.This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
9. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font .The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction.
A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
10. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your cardimmediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or
Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
11. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
12. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section”An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
13. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
14. After entering the information correctly, the application form will bedisplayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
15. Click Submit to complete your application
16. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
17. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
18. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
19. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
20. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
21. Then you would be sent a new JAMB Number to register your direct entry or to register your NYSC.
Read: Jamb Regularization Deadline/Closing Date
When Is Jamb Regularization Deadline?
No date will be announced for closing. You just have to act fast and almost immediately. Jamb may not announce the deadline for regularization. Your direct entry form closing date is what you have to consider. But try to follow the procedures above. So that you can complete your direct entry form almost immediately.
Note: The same procedures applies to prospective NYSC corpers who want to go for NYSC but are facing Jamb regularization problems.
I hope this helps?
.Cc; copied

1 Share

Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by teeteelahyor(f): 11:57am On May 23, 2018
Thanks for this piece.....but do u know if direct entry form is still on sale? And if the regularisation can still be done as at now
Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by lawalosky(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2018
teeteelahyor:
Thanks for this piece.....but do u know if direct entry form is still on sale? And if the regularisation can still be done as at now
d.e closed since april...
regularisation is at any time you so wished..
Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by Crownbisi12: 5:17am On May 21, 2019
Please is it possible to obtain University's DIRECT ENTRY POST UTME without obtained DE from jamb?
Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by information1: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
If you weren't given admission through JAMB but was admitted by the school you chooses during JAMB Registration. Go through this.. https://talkgeria.com/jamb-regularization-process/
Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by Uziyl(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
Stumbling upon this post makes me wonder. I transferred from a school in Ghana to a Federal university here in Nigeria in 2016. Which we all know Jamb is not required to get admission in Ghana. I used direct entry to get an admission into the Federal University. I was given a slip when I was undergoing my registrations with the school. There was a Jamb number on the Slip given to me but I've never taken jamb before. This is my final year and I'm graduating soon. So I want to know if this Jamb Regularization applies also since I don't have a Jamb result. Do I follow the same procedures cuz I have no jamb Exam Year to fill in the form.
Thanks.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by Zincas: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for d post. Number 13 was talking of pitting jamb number. What should d person without jamb number fill in here. Can it be empty?

2 Likes

Re: Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline by Bscholarly: 1:01am On Jan 29, 2021
You can check out more information About JAMB direct entry form for 2021/2022 academic session here: https://bscholarly.com/jamb-direct-entry-form/

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Students Protest The Killing Of Fresh Graduate By Vigilante Group / Atiku, Others Sign Petition To End ASUU Strike / Why FUTO Increased Certificate Collection Fee To N20k - Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.