Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Somebody Please Help. Economics. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Somebody Please Help. Economics. (590 Views)

Hey guys, can somebody please help with this!!!! / Can Somebody, Please, Explain This Maths To Me? / Uniabuja Economics Students Sign Out In Style, Storm Gwagwalada Major Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Please Help. Economics. by Mustiboy(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2018
Guys, I'm having a problem with my studies in the areas of calculation. I've always excelled in the theoretical aspects of my studies. But these two courses are giving me a hard time. I'm not good at mathematics at all and all I'm seeing now is a series of graphs, surds, and other calculation based works. I just don't know where to start from and exam is fast approaching.

What do u guys suggest I do? Is there any form of online course or PDF file u can refer me to for better understanding of the concept of mathematics? Somebody, please help a brother, I don't want a sorry CGPA. For better understanding of my plight, these two courses are economic courses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
Mathematics isn't really hard. People who usually find it hard are people who do not have interest in it but unfortunately keep meeting it. The simple cheat is to learn the basics of each topic, it will help you a lot.
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by Mustiboy(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2018
mrdashing10:
Mathematics isn't really hard. People who usually find it hard are people who do not have interest in it but unfortunately keep meeting it. The simple cheat is to learn the basics of each topic, it will help you a lot.
when u say basics of each topic, what do you mean?
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by adibo(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2018
Mustiboy:
Guys, I'm having a problem with my studies in the areas of calculation. I've always excelled in the theoretical aspects of my studies. But these two courses are giving me a hard time. I'm not good at mathematics at all and all I'm seeing now is a series of graphs, surds, and other calculation based works. I just don't know where to start from and exam is fast approaching.

What do u guys suggest I do? Is there any form of online course or PDF file u can refer me to for better understanding of the concept of mathematics? Somebody, please help a brother, I don't want a sorry CGPA. For better understanding of my plight, these two courses are economic courses. Thanks in advance.
Go for schaum series on mathematical economics
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by Nobody: 7:38am On May 23, 2018
Mustiboy:
when u say basics of each topic, what do you mean?
Lemme use bearing as an instance.
When you look at the problem, you will zero your mind that it's difficult. But when you learn the basics;
Know the four cardinal points; North, South, East and West.. know where different angles fall in..
Master how to use Soh, Cah, Toa.. you will discover how easy it is..
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by efficiencie(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2018
You cannot escape maths as far as economics is concerned. You will meet maths at virtually every corner of Economics so make up your mind to have a working knowledge of maths.

Start with New General Maths (1-3) if your foundation is really bad then move on to Further Maths project 1-2. If you are desperate enough you can cover these books in a semester (15 weeks).

Take maths seriously. The fear of Econometrics is beginning of wisdom ohhh particularly Linear Algebra based Econometrics!
Re: Somebody Please Help. Economics. by Mustiboy(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
efficiencie:
You cannot escape maths as far as economics is concerned. You will meet maths at virtually every corner of Economics so make up your mind to have a working knowledge of maths.

Start with New General Maths (1-3) if your foundation is really bad then move on to Further Maths project 1-2. If you are desperate enough you can cover these books in a semester (15 weeks).

Take maths seriously. The fear of Econometrics is beginning of wisdom ohhh particularly Linear Algebra based Econometrics!
thanks. I'm improving now. I had to start with the basis

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peace / Thermofluid/power Plants Vs Industrial/production Engineering. Advice Needed. / Toshabi Music Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.