Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) (42237 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Bus Driver That Has No Legs In Lagos Spotted By Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On May 23, 2018
Isn't the canopy a makeshift shelter? The way these twitter users tweet propaganda at times would make one think there's no airport in PH.

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He is a learner.
Sometime in 2012 when I used the Benin Airport when the airport was being rehabilitated we were literally standing under the sun.
There wasn't even a canopy.

Airlines used containers as their makeshift office.
Never a dull moment with you here bro. grin
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2018
Solidkay:
Nigeria is a developing country and not a developed one, so things like this are bound to happen.

There is no such thing as a "developed country". All countries are developing as no one can truly say it has arrived. Nigeria is not developing rather it is underdeveloped, just like every other country in Africa.

If almost 60 years after independence this is what we have to offer it goes a long way to question our future, and to think a certain Minister occupying a certain portfolio was once a governor of this state.

2 Likes

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by coolscott(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2018
Saviour22:
wike is working grin
You got it wrong publicly.

It is:
. Amaechi is working.

Under whose direct jurisdiction do you think the international airport stands
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Equation89(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Shut Up and condemn evil
My papa shouted Up Nepa
I shouted Up Nepa
Now my kids will also shout up Nepa...

The current president was once a head of state before I was born... Is this not madness

I TIRE OOO....
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by coolscott(m): 11:11am On May 23, 2018
coolscott:

You got it wrong publicly.

It is:
. Amaechi is working.

Under whose direct jurisdiction do you think the international airport stands

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Assassin101: 11:14am On May 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

pyyxxaro:
Even for Warri Airport , there de use ladder climb enter plane sad

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 11:19am On May 23, 2018
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by obonujoker(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2018
Saviour22:
wike is working grin

Isn't Airport a federal establishment??

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Meti99(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2018
Solidkay:
Nigeria is a developing country and not a developed one, so things like this are bound to happen.

Sorry to burst you, Nigeria is an under-developing country

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Larryslim(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2018
I'm done with Nigeria!..
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by luckyboss(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2018
Op your grammar sweet die..
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Jaytel(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2018
We are already used to it.
Those canopies have been there for over ten years now, Obasanjo era I think.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by lexy2014: 11:43am On May 23, 2018
Saviour22:
wike is working grin
is it wike that controls PH airport?

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by pennyforthought: 11:45am On May 23, 2018
Solidkay:

Nigeria is Africa's largest economy and Port Harcourt is the third, maybe fourth most important city. As such, a Canopy airport, even if it is a developing country, is unacceptable. I've attached pictures of Egypt's third biggest city and Ethiopia's second biggest city's airports. They are both developing African countries that rank behind Nigeria. Yet their airports are solid buildings (Although Ethiopia's airport is quite ugly).

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 11:47am On May 23, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Christ!

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Bomgirl(f): 11:51am On May 23, 2018
Airport is mainly the runway/apron. If that's in place and the plane can land and there is embarkation and disembarkation of passengers, no wahala.

Building Na jara.

Please don't quote me to abuse me o , I have a headache. angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2018
Except if some serious thunderstorm hits the area, I see no major problem with this. Has anyone been in Bauchi, at their old airport (the one in the middle of the city)? Ticketing counter on the outside, part of the "terminal" building facing the tarmac, waiting room for some 20+ people (unusually comfortable old-school chairs) and the baggage inspection/storage in the corner of the same room. New airport is one entirely different story. Then, look at the new Owerri airport. even before the renovation it was functional. Now it is even better. While the PHC airport was undergoing renovation (what renovation?!?!?! Nothing had changed during that so-called renovation) Owerri served as the backup/alternative airport. Everybody knows Lagos, both old and new terminal. On the old terminal, some Arik staff deserve to be locked up forever, but that is still manageable. Enugu airport is cool as well... and so are few other airports.

Back to the topic. I see no problem with this canopy. Is it safe? I guess so.Does it protect from rain and hot summer sun? Yes, it does. In any case, it is far better than what PHC airport had back in 2013/14 while the "renovation" was still under way and a lot of ticketing would take place in the open.

2 Likes

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by richeso: 12:12pm On May 23, 2018
and someone will open his/her dirty mouth to tell me the hegoat called Ameachi ( Minister of Transportation) is from Rivers.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2018
You are the type of youth that needs to get a passport and travel around Africa and then maybe Europe
Mediocre citizens mediocre leaders
Gov't officials are human beings, they always push the limits and see the crap they can get away with
With this type of 'I see no major problem' (just like your father's attitude) you are dooming your children's chances of a normal life

DrMuzungu:
Except if some serious thunderstorm hits the area, I see no major problem with this. Has anyone been in Bauchi, at their old airport (the one in the middle of the city)? Ticketing counter on the outside, part of the "terminal" building facing the tarmac, waiting room for some 20+ people (unusually comfortable old-school chairs) and the baggage inspection/storage in the corner of the same room. New airport is one entirely different story. Then, look at the new Owerri airport. even before the renovation it was functional. Now it is even better. While the PHC airport was undergoing renovation (what renovation?!?!?! Nothing had changed during that so-called renovation) Owerri served as the backup/alternative airport. Everybody knows Lagos, both old and new terminal. On the old terminal, some Arik staff deserve to be locked up forever, but that is still manageable. Enugu airport is cool as well... and so are few other airports.

Back to the topic. I see no problem with this canopy. Is it safe? I guess so.Does it protect from rain and hot summer sun? Yes, it does. In any case, it is far better than what PHC airport had back in 2013/14 while the "renovation" was still under way and a lot of ticketing would take place in the open.

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Nazaretha1(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2018
Bros, how far now.
pyyxxaro:

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by phorget(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2018
Solidkay:

But how long are we going to continue developing? We started ahead of Singapore and Malaysia but where are we today? Its time to weep for our dear nation and who knows whether the supreme being would give ears to our voices and make us smile again.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by DOnlooker(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2018
OkutaNla:
I think it is temporary. Once saw it used at Jomo Kenyatta airport some years ago.
Temporary gini? The canopy at international arrivals has been there for at least the last 5 years!!! It even looks neat and tidy in those pics, in the evening when Lufthansa and Air France come in almost at the same time, that place is a war zone, hotter than an industrial oven and security agents make things worse, you will queue through at least 3 lines to keep on arriving at the same desk. Then at the exit, customs are there to fumble through ur luggage while pressing you drop something quick. I can go on and on, Bah.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by ysteph: 12:53pm On May 23, 2018
I wept reading this thread. Is there HOPE for Nigeria?
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by Bamz(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2018
pyyxxaro:

Lol I know you're lying but continue. grin

1 Like

Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
You are the type of youth that needs to get a passport and travel around Africa and then maybe Europe
Mediocre citizens mediocre leaders
Gov't officials are human beings, they always push the limits and see the crap they can get away with
With this type of 'I see no major problem' (just like your father's attitude) you are dooming your children's chances of a normal life

Research before posting. (1) I am not of African origin. Born and raised in Europe. (2) I have spent a considerable part of my adult life outside of my home country. (3) I am by no means "youth".

Now, what exactly is wrong with that tent? Yes, we should have a solidly built terminal building, but since we do not have it, is it better to have a nice tent or to stay under the sun and rain with your baggage?

And talking of fathers... You should ask your father to refund you the money you paid for the training. he did not train you well, not even one bit. My kids, on the other hand, are trained well, to be polite, to read their books and to educate themselves. Oh, and unlike zombies like you, they have visited more countries than you can imagine.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by AreaFada2: 1:09pm On May 23, 2018
obonujoker:

Isn't Airport a federal establishment??

So you expect that kind of person to know? Are you not expecting too much? shocked shocked
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by opribo(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2018
I recall when they were extending the MMIA Lagos, it was well done that you hardly know anything was going on.

This picture is what you get when vested interest is involved. When they award contracts to their cronies.
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by ThanosEronz: 1:18pm On May 23, 2018
Solidkay:
You talk like we cant afford an ultra moden airport if we want
Stop using this developing nonsense
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by gabbie77: 1:19pm On May 23, 2018
smiley
Re: Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) by spiritedtete: 1:20pm On May 23, 2018
So this canopy is still there... the last time I visited PH in 2011 ... I was shocked to see it... And someone told me oh they are doing some maintance somewhere I don't get .... naijaaaa which way... all this aviation minister even Femi fanikoyade... can't do anything shame!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Found Dead On Ikeja Railway, Body Cut Into Pieces (Graphic Photo!!) / Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer / MAIDUGURI Is Beautiful (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.