Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Operation Weigh Less - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Operation Weigh Less (846 Views)

Please Help! I'm Lossing Weigh Too Rapidly. / Muslim Lady Who Performed Surgery In Hijab Speaks After Succesful Operation.PICS / Losing Weight Fast Without Trying-here Are 6 Weird Reasons You Are Losing Weigh! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 2:27pm On May 23, 2018
Hi.

My name is Sandra Okocha, I am a Health, Wellness and Lifestyle Consultant and blogger.

One of the major problems the world is facing related to health is how a large number of people are gaining weight.

In the course of my journey as a health, wellness, and lifestyle consultant, I have been opportune to meet a lot of people with several weight-related issues and thankfully, I have been able to help a number of them achieve the desired result.

In the Process, I realized that the only problem in shedding the extra pounds is the lack of motivation.
While some people get motivated by themselves alone and some other people need a group or some people around them to pursue their goal of losing weight.

so, this is what brought about the birth this thread to help those group of people that need motivation from other weight losers like them to achieve their goal of that perfect body.

Please feel free to reach out to me either through this thread or privately via WhatsApp using 09083813724 or info@healthandbeauty102.com.
Thanks
Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 3:13pm On May 23, 2018
Operation Weigh Less is a weight management program thread for all nairalanders who wants to achieve that perfect body.

People come to the idea of weight loss management for a multitude of reasons.
There are fleeting reasons to manage weight, like swimsuit season, a wedding, or getting in shape to show off to your classmates at a high school reunion.

These short-term reasons can provide a sudden burst of motivation but rarely last long after the big event.
There are also social reasons, like trying to lose a few pounds because you are dating and you want to look attractive.
Some people want to slim down to please their partner.

However the motivation starts, anyone who wants to manage their weight over the long-term will have to find a reason that is important to them, not to someone else.

For many, improved health is one of the best motivators for a lifestyle change, and that is what this THREAD will focus on: the improved health benefits of weight loss, exercise, improved nutrition, and long-term weight management.

Weight management does not involve miracle pills or slim-down shakes. It takes work and commitment.
It also takes time. The weight you are trying to lose probably did not appear in a week, and it is definitely going to take more than a week to burn it off.

A healthy pace of weight loss is about 1-2 lbs per week.

Weight management isn't all that complicated, either. This THREAD (OPeration weigh less) will show that healthy eating is all about balance--consuming no more calories than you can burn in a day at your present activity level.
You don't have to buy pre-made foods, and you don't have to subscribe to a diet plan.
Some people get great results from participating in a support group like this one.

If you feel like it's something you can't afford, or if you feel like you would never have time to go to the meetings, or if you don't thrive on social interactions, then there is absolutely no reason to join one.

Long-term weight loss involves a complete lifestyle change.
It will be uncomfortable at several points in time, and some days it will seem easier to give up.
It is important to understand all the obstacles in the way of weight loss so that you can deal with all of them effectively.
Remember, you can't make long-term changes unless you take ownership of your roadblocks and conquer them.

Some common obstacles are:

o I don't have time to exercise.

o I don't like "healthy" food.

o I don't have time to eat healthily.

o I travel too much/eat at restaurants too much.

o I can't afford health food/gym membership.

o I can't do it alone.

o Genetics: My whole family is big.

o Bad examples set by others in your house

o Emotional eating

This THREAD (Operation weigh less) will look at each of these roadblocks and propose suggestions for overcoming them.
It will discuss the health risks of being overweight, the real economic costs of weight, assessing your current weight level, and establishing a goal weight.

It will also provide extensive information about nutrition and exercise for weight management.
This THREAD (Operation weigh less) will provide you with all the information you need to balance your weight over the long term.

But at the end of the day, you are the one who is going to have to make the change in your life. And once you do, so many other parts of your life will change right along with you.
More than likely, you will develop new interests and hobbies.
You will become more educated about your body, nutrition, and fitness.
You will probably meet new friends. Some may even find a new career or a new passion.
The whole journey is waiting for you, and the first step begins here.

1 Share

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 5:54pm On May 23, 2018
Drink TEA to lose weight: Daily cup of TEA is the secret ingredient of fat-burning diet

A DAILY cup of tea changes the way the body breaks down fat and could help in shedding the pounds, say, researchers.

While the health benefits of green tea have long been known, nutrition experts now say English Breakfast tea is also good for us.

They found that drinking black tea changes bacteria in the gut. The percentage of bacteria associated with obesity decreased, while those associated with lean body mass increased.

Study co-author Dr. Zhaoping Li, from the University of California Los Angeles, said the findings suggest that the health benefits of both green tea and black tea go beyond their antioxidant benefits.

Hot to lose weight with a cup of tea from forever living-non medical home care

A lot of people who are overweight have or are at risk of developing hypertension and other cardiovascular problems, so the fact that Green Tea (Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea) does not put pressure on the heart makes it a good choice.

Green Tea (Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea) is a simple, easy and inexpensive weight control aid that can easily be incorporated into any weight loss program.
The choice of tea or extract offers something for everybody. Natural and safe, Green Tea (Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea) weight loss should feature in your program if you want to keep the weight off permanently.

Please feel free to reach out to us either through this thread or privately via WhatsApp using 09083813724 or info@healthandbeauty102.com.

1 Share

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello Guys, how has it been; hope life has been fun?

Pardon me for the break in TRANSMISSION... lolzzzz.

Still on the journey of managing our weight and over-all Health.

Let’s be real about it.

Physical fitness may be a battle, especially when you’re trying to be successful at physical and mental wellness and also trying to slim down.

Like all battles, to succeed you have to discover the winning techniques and employ them.

We need to have support and loved ones to help us along the way. We as well understand that the best route to success is self-discipline.

We may concur with all these, but all the same, it's reasonable to remind you of something more substantial; your HEALTH.

In our next post, we will delve more into how to Practically manage your weight without harming yourself in the process.

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lagosians wake up to high blood pressure

In Nigeria’s megacity of Lagos, lifestyles resemble those of developed countries and hypertension is increasingly becoming a problem.

Motunrayo Bello reports.

Bulletin of the World Health Organization.

Joseph Otu (not his real name) found out about his blood pressure problem the hard way.

Woke up in the middle of the night with a headache, he had difficulty speaking and

felt weak on one side of his body.

The 54-year-old Nigerian professional driver had no idea what was happening to him but feared the worst.

His family took him to a clinic near his home in Ibafo in the sprawling megacity of Lagos,

where a nurse checked his blood pressure.

Blood pressure readings are comprised of two values: one for systolic and one for diastolic pressure;

anything equal to or above 140 over 90 is considered high.

Otu’s stood at 175 over 110, a level at which he faced an increased risk of stroke, heart attack,

and kidney failure. “We started praying,” says Otu.

The fact that Otu had no idea about his blood pressure status before the clinical diagnosis is not unusual.

High blood pressure requires the heart to work harder than normal to circulate blood through the blood vessels.

The symptoms of high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, are not always obvious, which makes regular check-ups essential.

Need for Creating Awareness For The Dangers Of High Blood Pressure
Nigeria is one of many developing countries where the health services have focused on treating infectious diseases,

such as malaria and tuberculosis, but in recent years, noncommunicable conditions have become an increasing problem.

One of the most prevalent noncommunicable conditions worldwide, hypertension is responsible for an

estimated 45% of deaths due to heart disease and 51% of deaths due to stroke globally.

Of WHO’s six regions, the African region has the highest prevalence of hypertension estimated at 46% of adults aged

25 and above, according to WHO’s Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010.

Moreover, the problems caused by hypertension are made worse when people are not aware of the necessity for

– or unable to afford – regular blood pressure checks.

This year’s World Health Day, on 7 April, the aim was to promote more awareness of the causes and consequences

of high blood pressure, as well as how it can be prevented, and to encourage national and local authorities to

do more about this growing problem.

“We hope this campaign will encourage more adults to check their blood pressure but also that health authorities

will make blood pressure measurement affordable for everyone,” says Dr. Shanthi Mendis, a medical officer at WHO.

In many developing countries few people go for routine medical check-ups to monitor the risk factors associated with

noncommunicable diseases. And Nigeria is no exception.

click the link to get the best scientifically proven solution that brings High Blood Pressure back to normal and

remove all cholesterol in the arteries and veins;  https://https://healthandbeauty102.com/lagosians-wake-up-to-high-blood-pressure-2/

Dr. Kingsley Akinroye, executive director of the Nigerian Heart Foundation, a nongovernmental

organization (NGO), says that “the health system offers diagnosis and treatment only to those who pay for it”.

Even when people do go for a medical check-up, diagnosis of such chronic conditions can be

unreliable at primary health level.

Toyin Ogunde, a shopkeeper living in Lagos, another Lagosian that wakes up to high blood pressure,

she went to the doctor reporting headaches and dizziness,

says she was prescribed medication for typhoid and malaria before her family finally persuaded her

to go to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital for a second opinion.

“I didn’t know anything about hypertension before I came here,” says the 58-year-old hypertension patient.

WHO/Motunrayo BelloWoman has her blood pressure taken as part of the free hypertension screening programme in Ikorodu, Lagos

Money a barrier to blood pressure check

According to Dr. Olayinka Ogunleye, who works in the hypertension unit at that hospital, it costs around 1000 Nigerian Naira

(US$ 6.36) for a patient to have his or her blood pressure checked.

Ogunleye says that although this fee may deter some people from finding out their blood pressure status,

many others are simply unaware of the health consequences or indifferent to the risks of untreated hypertension.

“People don’t think it is important to spend money and time on their health; they would rather spend more

money on luxuries,” he says.

Currently, fewer than 4% of Nigerians are covered by health insurance.

These include civil servants working for the federal government and women and children under the Maternal and Child Health-

-Project, which is funded by the US government (USAID).

There are plans to roll out coverage for such basic and essential health services including access to diagnosis and

treatment of hypertension under a national health bill, which the federal government is currently considering.

Given the lack of routine blood pressure checks in Nigeria, it is not surprising that the country’s statistics

on hypertension are unreliable.

“Most data are outdated speculation based on mathematical models and surveys that are scanty and unrepresentative with

low validity,”

says Dr. Anthony Usoro, national coordinator for noncommunicable diseases at the Federal Ministry of Health in Abuja.

“The lack of reliable data has made it very difficult for policy-makers to concentrate efforts to control the

emerging health burden of the disease.”

Worse, says Akinroye, the lack of hard data has sometimes been used to deny the existence of the problem.

But for all his concerns regarding the lack of adequate programmes at both the state and federal level,

Akinroye does see signs of a change in attitudes.

He points out the federal government is currently putting together a national policy on noncommunicable diseases.

“The policy is due to be out later this year and will aid the response to hypertension,” he says.

While Nigeria’s plans to tackle the problem, yet to be announced, the factors that are making it worse are clear.

“The high prevalence of hypertension is explained in part by lifestyle changes, many related to changing environmental and social

factors” says Dr. Obinna Ekwunife, a lecturer at the University of Nigeria in the south-eastern town of Nsukka.

Factors Causing High Blood Pressure

Ekwunife cites factors such as increased

*salt

*fat intake from the consumption of processed foods,

*cholesterol in the food we eat causing plaques in the arteries,

*increased tobacco use, and sedentary lifestyles.

“An increasing number of Nigerians are driving to work and participating in jobs with minimal physical activity,”

he says. Nowhere are these problems felt more acutely than in the country’s burgeoning urban areas.

Lagos is a rapidly expanding city that is home to an estimated 10 million people, and, according to a recent

United Nations Habitat report, is projected to overtake Cairo to become the largest city in Africa with 12.4 million

inhabitants in 2015.

As Lagos state commissioner for health, Dr. Jide Idris spends a lot of his time thinking about the particular

heart health challenges faced by the city’s residents, challenges which,

he says, is by no means limited to poor diet and lack of physical activity.

click the link to get the best scientifically proven solution that brings High Blood Pressure back to normal and

remove all cholesterol in the arteries and veins;  https://healthandbeauty102.com/lagosians-wake-up-to-high-blood-pressure-2/

“Urbanization brings risks other than sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diet.

City life has implications for levels of stress and loss of family cohesion as well,” he says.

Idris is also keen to point out that hypertension is not just a rich man’s problem.

“Hypertension cuts across gender and socioeconomic status,” he says.

Idris emphasizes the importance of traditional prevention efforts, which he says are the main focus of his

strategy in Lagos state.

Free Blood Pressure Checked In Lagos

In recognition of the fact that prevention and diagnosis of hypertension can be weak at primary health care level,

a key aspect of these efforts is to strengthen such services in the state’s 277 clinics.

“We are providing the diagnosis in public health facilities and there are some financial mechanisms that

can support the poor people,” Idris says.

For tertiary care, he says that a new, high tech cardiac and renal center is currently under construction

in Gbagada district in the north of the city.

A key element of Lagos state’s preventive approach is raising public awareness about hypertension

through sponsored advertising in Nigeria’s national daily newspapers.

Lagos state government is also investing in safe walkways alongside roads to allow people to walk without fear

of accidents, encouraging more physical exercise.

Idris says he hopes that state-wide campaigns, using resources such as local government councils,

community-based organizations, and NGOs. are making a difference.

“I personally believe that the awareness is much better than when we started,” he says.

Akinroye too expresses qualified optimism;

Noting that more Nigerians are aware of basic information regarding the dangers of consuming high fat, salt

or tobacco use on blood pressure.

Joseph Otu is one of them. “My doctor told me of the contributing factors,” he says,

“I am now encouraging my friends to eat and live healthier lives so they don’t fall victim like

other Lagosians that wake up to High Blood Pressure.”

Reference: http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes

From our next post, we will be doing a series on HEART DISEASE and all the connections it has to different

killer diseases like Hypertension, Stroke, Heart Attack, and Erectile Dysfunction etc.

So make sure you are a following us to learn about the Heart and solutions to all the attending diseases.

removes all cholesterol in the arteries and veins;  https:///IerK2d1zuyHLfNatNyzjdc

The High Blood Pressure solution is a part of our SAVE A HEART pack. Get one today from us via!

Tel: 234-9083813724

email: info@healthandbeauty102.com

just click:  https://healthandbeauty102.com/lagosians-wake-up-to-high-blood-pressure-2/

1 Like

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good Morning and a happy new month to all everyone in the house.
It's another beautiful Monday, the first day of the week and first Monday in the month of July.

Today I am sharing another fresh testimony from one of our client that used our product.

#copied
Good morning.
My name is John Badmus (real name withheld).

My sexual performance was okay to a large extent- I could last up to 10 minutes (sometimes though... lol) on a normal session. I know how to control my performance to last up to 10mins if I choose to.

I only began to use this "supplement" because I wanted to make myself as a control experiment for my parents who I initially bought the "Supplement" for. Sorry, I had to remove the name of the supplement because they didn't pay for advert... lol cheesy

So, I started using it twice a day as it's prescribed on the pack.

But in the morning, I took it as early as 5:45 am when I normally take my one glass of water therapy before leaving the house for my office and I took it at night after dinner before I slept. Because my parents were at that time taking it twice daily as well.

I was on it for two months. But the result started showing only after three weeks. I just discovered that my libido had gone through the roof.
Also, I was staying much longer before I came out of cloud 9 if you get what I mean wink.

I suddenly began to notice my wife's beauty like never before. She too began to get concerned because I kept commenting on her beauty anytime she passed by. My desire for her suddenly increased o shocked.

And while on it, she would wonder that even after 20mins I was yet to get there, you know na!!!

I was enjoying it sha o. I cannot lie smiley. Of course, I get her there first so she will not accuse me of selfishness and every two days I am ready again.

She is getting concerned o. I thought women wanted men that stay longer. My wife said mine has become too much...hahaha (this is somebody that used to complain that I was a 2-minute man ooo hahahaha)

All of this happened after two weeks when our dear consultant Sandra advised that my parents should increase their dosage. So, that meant I also had to increase mine, since I was the control experiment.

It was after one week of starting this new dosage, I noticed that my libido had suddenly skyrocketed.

I began to desire my wife as if we were not married or touched her before- I can't explain the feeling properly. But we have been married for almost 12 years now with two children and, of course, I began to last beyond 15 mins per session.

Even if I tried to make it quicker, it was just enjoyment galore without coming out of cloud nine. My wife began to complain a bit when she noticed all this and was asking if I had discovered another way of extending my pleasure. I told her nooo.

But I later confessed to her, it was since I started using the "supplement" that I also discovered the changes. Even now, whenever she comes close to me in the living room, she is very careful not to arouse me, because mere touching her body with my hand, she knows that I will become hungry for her suddenly, and she does not have all the time for my desires ����

As for my parents, my mother now goes to the toilet regularly. Before she started using (the same supplement), her bowels used to be tight for as long as 3 days, which is not good for her age.

She informed me last Saturday that all her supplements have finished. So I am going to order another batch today.
Madam Sandra, I will call you later for more ooo.
Thanks

For more enquiries contact us on:
Tel: 234-9083813724
Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
[center]Have you taken your ALOE DRINK TODAY?[/center]
Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
Good morning and complements of the season.

I saw this post by my friend Female Badass and want to encourage you with it.

������
" Start today creating a vision for yourself , your HEALTH and life.
Bounce back from adversity and create the lifestyle and confidence you want for yourself .
Tell yourself its possible along the way, have patience and maintain peace with yourself during the process. Its not easy though. I was sick of being miserable and never wanting to take any pictures when I've always had confidence - at that time, not enough.

I was sick of being insecure naked. I was sick of how slow I always felt and how long it took me to get out of my car seat because it wasn't easy to lift myself up.
I made a choice to CHANGE!!

If I can do this, you can.

I'm not just special or unique when it comes to the process of self care. I just put in the work and wanted it bad enough.
Everyday, I continue to strive to become the best version of myself and its a lot of work.

Attitude is everything and controlling your reactions and actions take discipline ,daily inventory and owning my shit when I make a mistake while embracing the change. "

Aspire to be inspired and inspire others ��.

Make you body the Sexiest outfit you own this Christmas...

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Revealing !!!
Do you know that visceral fat aka Pot Belly is now a linking cause of
 Cancer. Both men and women with higher percentages of belly fat are more likely to develop a variety of cancers, including malignancies of the colon, kidney and breast.

 Dementia. In a study of 6,583 adults, the bigger the belly, the greater the risk for dementia. Surprising finding: Among those of normal weight who had excess belly fat, dementia risk was 1.89 times higher than for those of normal weight who did not have excess belly fat.

 Lung problems. Lung function is reduced in patients with higher stores of belly fat, possibly because of the higher secretion of lung-damaging inflammatory chemicals.

 Diabetes. An apple-shaped fat distribution greatly increases the risk for insulin resistance (a condition in which the body’s cells don’t use insulin properly) and diabetes. The risks are even higher in those who are sedentary. People who have lost muscle mass, as a result, take in less blood sugar (glucose), which is used as fuel — further increasing diabetes risk.

 Migraines. Researchers at Drexel University College of Medicine found that women with large amounts of belly fat were up to 30% more likely than lean women to suffer from migraine headaches.

 Do you know that Visceral Fat (pot belly) causes High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack and other Heart related diseases?

 It has also lead people developing Asthma.
Do you know that Visceral Fat is a major cause of Erectile Dysfunction and

It was also discovered that men with Visceral Fat aka Pot belly are at risk of an Enlarged prostate or Prostate Cancer

join us here today for a Health Presentation Talking about VISCERAL FAT aka POT BELLY
Monday 10th December, 2018. 8pm Nigerian time

> To Understand the HEALTH dangers of Visceral Fat
> Risk factors of Visceral fat to your vital organs
> To know diseases and infections associated with Visceral Fat
> To know natural, day to day, activities you can carry out for Eliminate Visceral Fat
> The different types of belly Fat and the most dangerous
> The therapeutic solutions to prevent and manage Visceral Fat problems.

Knowledge is key and it’s power when applied…

Remember ignorance is no longer an excuse, so take action fast!!!

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Who wants to make sure they don't grow out of shape this Holiday season?

I have a secret for you smiley... Come closer... smiley.
This combo here will do the job.

= The Aloe Vera Gel because of it's rich contents, provides the body with necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients which help it feed and cleanse your body from the cellular level... In simple English it gives the body what it really feeds on smiley.

= The Forever lean helps your body reduce it's ability to absorb new calories from Fats and Carbs. In other words it blocks fat before they are formed.

HOW TO USE
1. Wake up to120ml of Aloe Vere Gel. To be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

2. For every time you want to eat or indulge, take 2 caps of the Forever Lean. It Will stop you from new calories.

Thank me later... Good Evening.

Click on the link below or call/whatsapp 09083813724|08038005985 to order yours NOW from our online store with the holiday discount...
https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/entry/Shop.do?store=NGA&language=en&distribID=234001795483
Input in the search space Aloe Vera gel the make your purchase.
Then also search for Forever Lean and also make your purchase...

Re: Operation Weigh Less by sandyo: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
MUST READ:

Mrs Loko: discussing with hubby about her plan for tomorrow being Monday.

Phone ringing:

Mrs Loko picks up her phone, the voice at the other end sounds desperate

The voice : Dad just slumped and we have rushed him to the hospital now, the doctor said he had a stroke.

Mrs Loko: scream What! When? how did this happen?, but he was ok when I saw him last week. Can he talk?, oh my God!

The voice: No, his mouth is bent and the doctor has fixed drip on him. He was just sitting in the living room, watching football when it happened.

Mrs Loko: Ok, I will be coming home tomorrow.

Plan cancelled, quickly called her boss to take permission for a few days.
That is how she started running up and down because of her dad's health.

� STROKE is one of the prevailing health challenges in our country today. More than 100 thousand cases per year (Nigeria).

Let's stop STROKE before it turns another very active person to a vegetable.

Health and Beauty 102 Presents

HOW TO PREVENT STROKE AND REDUCE YOUR RISKS OF GOING DOWN WITH A STROKE...

DATE: Friday 25th January 2019.
TIME: 8PM Nigerian time
Venue: At the comfort of your home or office using your mobile device or Desktop.

"A stitch in time saves nine"

PLEASE comment yes to participate
and the link will be sent to you.
Limited space available...

Please kindly share to save others...

NB: Do not add to the statistics on ground already.

(1) (Reply)

Brush Your Teeth Or Take A Bath...what Will It Be? / I Don't want to remove My tooth Again.. Help!!! / Unlock Japan KDDI N42/N48/N51 Activation Policy On iPhone 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.