Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) (3678 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Positivepoint(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2018
Three “graduates” of Enugu State University of Science and Technology mobilized to participate in the National Youth Service Corps scheme have shown lack of competence and intelligence level expected of genuine degree holders.

According to documents obtained by ESUT NEWS ONLINE, the three “graduates,” who are serving in ABUJA, Lagos and KOGI states respectively, were rejected, with formal letters sent to the state coordinators by their areas of primary assignment and forwarded to the NYSC headquarters in Abuja.

The Director General of NYSC, had informed the NUC of the presence of corps members who displayed “glaring lack of academic ability and intelligence level expected of genuine Nigerian graduates, which were consistently exhibited by the three students from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.”

Attaching copies of letters from NYSC secretariats in Abuja, Lagos and Kogi, “As contained in the reports, the corps members exhibited signs of incompetence and low intelligence level which range from inability to complete registration formats correctly to not being able to teach pupils at nursery school level.

These inadequacies led to their rejections by their employers in their various states of deployment.”

The case, according to an insider’s account, has baffled the National Universities Commission (NUC) and prompted the setting up of a committee to “verify the integrity of the degrees,” and find out if there was collaboration by the university.

Federal education authorities are suspecting a wide-ranging scam that might have been going on for years.

To unravel how the three corps members were mobilised, the NUC has already set up a panel, comprising officials of NYSC, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the State Security Service (SSS).

The mandate of the panel, according to a letter dated September 24, 2012 signed by NUC Director of Quality Assurance, Professor C.F. Mafiana, “is to fully investigate the report with a view to identifying the culprits, including others similarly mobilised and their collaborators, and ensuring sanctions accordingly.

The team would be chaired by a visiting professor in the NUC.”

Out of the three corps members, Jane could hardly write the Roman figures from one to 10 in words, just as she could not write three states and their capitals.

She could not provide the names of two major rivers in Nigeria, just as she failed to name three countries that share border with Nigeria.

Obioma, according to the documents, was rejected by Kings College, Lagos, after it was discovered that she was grossly incompetent to perform her duties.

A further test on her by the Lagos state NYSC secretariat revealed that though a graduate of Electricals/Electronics, she never passed any of the science subjects at the secondary school level.

The third fellow, John, who was posted to Abuja, was rejected by a nursery/primary school known as FEMA Schools because of his inability to read and write.

Having been rejected by two employers, he had to be reposted by Abuja NYSC to a bakery, pending the final determination of his case by the NYSC national headquarters.

When queried on his incompetence, John proved his incompetence when he responded in writing: ‘“I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.””

A source disclosed on Friday that members of the panel would soon commence probing the circumstances under which the “graduates” were released by the university to participate in the NYSC scheme.

http://www..ng/education/nysc-rejects-illiterate-graduates-of-enugu-university-esut

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by jay2pee(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2018
At least, they are better than Buhari

FTC

For those quoting me and saying rubbish... Those students at leave have certificates, Buhari should provide his own....

I already knew this story is a formulated story.... Every reasonable person like me will actually know... But for those of you that believe this crap up there.... I pity your condition...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. Wahala dey o
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Auladimeji(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2018
wink Igbos right now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Advans(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2018
Positivepoint:
Three “graduates” of Enugu State University of Science and Technology mobilized to participate in the National i

The Director General of NYSC, had informed the NUC of the presence of corps members who displayed “glaring lack of academic ability andeady set up a panel, comprising officials of NYSC, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the State Security Service (SSS).

The mandate of the panel, according to a letter dated September 24, 2012 signed by NUC Director of Quality Assurance, Professor C.F. Mafiana, “is to fully investigate the report with a view to identifying the culprits, including others similarly mobilised and their collaborators, and ensuring sanctions accordingly.

http://www..ng/education/nysc-rejects-illiterate-graduates-of-enugu-university-esut

This is 2012 news na. una well at all?

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Forpink2: 6:57pm On May 23, 2018
na wa o
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Luizkid(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2018
They were under spiritual attacks from the Senate grin grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 23, 2018
Afonjas right now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by darfay: 7:03pm On May 23, 2018
Igbo kwezonu o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by millomaniac: 7:19pm On May 23, 2018
Chai !!!! Nigeria my country. This are the ones that were discovered ooo.
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by mikhe2(m): 7:23pm On May 23, 2018
Male version of Nina
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:32pm On May 23, 2018
Auladimeji:
wink Igbos right now

No wonder they come online to rant... most of them too illiterate to read and communicate coherently. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by HomeTutor1(f): 7:36pm On May 23, 2018
Seriously serious?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Emilokoiyawon: 7:58pm On May 23, 2018
Auladimeji:
wink Igbos right now

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Kylekent59: 8:26pm On May 23, 2018
And what about the police IG?

Can the president address the country with right usage of English?

Abegi joooo. Let them be freed
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by skedman(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2018
jay2pee:
you are a big fool . A big shame to your parent . If you reply the message ogun will fire you

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by LarryBeryl(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2018
jay2pee:
Buhari is the cause of World problem ba?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 23, 2018
Only a FOOL, like the fool who crafted this bull crap lie will believe this shit. This is a shit from ethnic bigotry champions of Nigeria.

Of all the graduates, 3 graduates from the same school at different states and different PPAs. What a "coincidence"!

What a stupid way of looking for traffic.

And what the heck is "Federal education authorities..."

Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by xtian234(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2018
what do u expect...probe it you will find out that they were all politicians back on campus...The likes of those that could not read speech to the hearing of the public yet they occupy sensitive public positions
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by churchee: 9:34pm On May 23, 2018
He was posted to a bakery...
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:18pm On May 23, 2018
Anything to make the IGP regain confidence undecided

And some of you here will be making fun of them

Please be honest without using Google, who is the minister of education

This is not New! Virtually almost all the universities have such problems/ students!

Now the real question is, what is the minister of education doing

We all know that 95% minister under this administration is just collecting salaries without doing anything

At Least nothing new or creative undecided

Still trying to figure out an area I can confidently say, Buhari has done well undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 23, 2018
Adamu Adamu
I could tell you all the governor's in Nigeria and which political party governs them
Wiseandtrue:
Anything to make the IGP regain confidence undecided

And some of you here will be making fun of them

Please be honest without using Google, who is the minister of education

This is not New! Virtually almost all the universities have such problems/ students!

Now the real question is, what is the minister of education doing

We all know that 95% minister under this administration is just collecting salaries without doing anything

At Least nothing new or creative undecided

Still trying to figure out an area I can confidently say, Buhari has done well undecided
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:09pm On May 23, 2018
DonPiiko:
Adamu Adamu
I could tell you all the governor's in Nigeria and which political party governs them
He is really Adamu(mumu) undecided no doubt about that

Never heard of that name

Is he a Nigerian or washed down to Nigeria by Gadaffi

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 23, 2018
He is a nice guy but very reserved
Wiseandtrue:

He is really Adamu(mumu) undecided no doubt about that
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:20pm On May 23, 2018
DonPiiko:
He is a nice guy but very reserved
Nigerians are not after his personal attributes!

Is he doing his job

What has he achieved that is what every citizen want to hear and most importantly see shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Yewandequeen(f): 11:59pm On May 23, 2018
How
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by tobechi74: 1:49am On May 24, 2018
mtcheeew. go to north and see graduate that can't speak English but ogas will cover them up
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Almaiga: 5:42am On May 24, 2018
Igbo's of Biafra right now

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by DahirHassan: 5:46am On May 24, 2018
jay2pee:

FTC

For those quoting me and saying rubbish... Those students at leave have certificates, Buhari should provide his own....

I already knew this story is a formulated story.... Every reasonable person like me will actually know... But for those of you that believe this crap up there.... I pity your condition...
jay2pee:

FTC

jay2pee:
Are you well at all? You dey mad Abi?
FTC

Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Nobody: 6:53am On May 24, 2018
They are in all universities, especially in the North.
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by Raylight2(m): 7:29am On May 24, 2018
Positivepoint:
Three “graduates” of Enugu State University of Science and Technology mobilized to participate in the National Youth Service Corps scheme have shown lack of competence and intelligence level expected of genuine degree holders.

According to documents obtained by ESUT NEWS ONLINE, the three “graduates,” who are serving in ABUJA, Lagos and KOGI states respectively, were rejected, with formal letters sent to the state coordinators by their areas of primary assignment and forwarded to the NYSC headquarters in Abuja.

The Director General of NYSC, had informed the NUC of the presence of corps members who displayed “glaring lack of academic ability and intelligence level expected of genuine Nigerian graduates, which were consistently exhibited by the three students from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.”

Attaching copies of letters from NYSC secretariats in Abuja, Lagos and Kogi, “As contained in the reports, the corps members exhibited signs of incompetence and low intelligence level which range from inability to complete registration formats correctly to not being able to teach pupils at nursery school level.

These inadequacies led to their rejections by their employers in their various states of deployment.”

The case, according to an insider’s account, has baffled the National Universities Commission (NUC) and prompted the setting up of a committee to “verify the integrity of the degrees,” and find out if there was collaboration by the university.

Federal education authorities are suspecting a wide-ranging scam that might have been going on for years.

To unravel how the three corps members were mobilised, the NUC has already set up a panel, comprising officials of NYSC, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the State Security Service (SSS).

The team would be chaired by a visiting professor in the NUC.”

Out of the three corps members, Jane could hardly write the Roman figures from one to 10 in words, just as she could not write three states and their capitals.

She could not provide the names of two major rivers in Nigeria, just as she failed to name three countries that share border with Nigeria.

Obioma, according to the documents, was rejected by Kings College, Lagos, after it was discovered that she was grossly incompetent to perform her duties.

A further test on her by the Lagos state NYSC secretariat revealed that though a graduate of Electricals/Electronics, she never passed any of the science subjects at the secondary school level.

The third fellow, John, who was posted to Abuja, was rejected by a nursery/primary school known as FEMA Schools because of his inability to read and write.

Having been rejected by two employers, he had to be reposted by Abuja NYSC to a bakery, pending the final determination of his case by the NYSC national headquarters.

When queried on his incompetence, John proved his incompetence when he responded in writing: ‘“I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.””

A source disclosed on Friday that members of the panel would soon commence probing the circumstances under which the “graduates” were released by the university to participate in the NYSC scheme.

Jesussssssssssssssssssss! did u say posted to a bakery? sweet PPA
Re: NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) by anyination: 10:51am On May 24, 2018
which one be illiterate graduate again ooo ;Dwhich one be illiterate graduate again ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Hangs On Wall Like Spider-man To Escape Beating From His Mum [Watch VIDEO] / I Need Ur Advice With Regards To My Hnd Status: Pls. / Jamb Location/address In 36 States Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.