Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 (2047 Views)

Very Neat Opel Vectra 2001 For Sale / Opel Vectra B For Sale / Opel Vectra Engine Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Babaken(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2018
Please kindly help a brother out to avoid mistake.
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Babaken(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2018
Babaken:

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by skedman(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2018
Babaken:
i have been using mine for almost 5 years now.
it is my business patner, so economical it consume less fuel and the part are cheaper.
you enjoy it more when you get the right mechanic because there are few mechanic that know about the car.
i bought mine 350,000

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Babaken(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2018
skedman:
i have been using mine for almost 5 years now.
it is my business patner, so economical it consume less fuel and the part are cheaper.
you enjoy it more when you get the right mechanic because there are few mechanic that know about the car.
i bought mine 350,000
thanks so much is the directe Belgium good for at least 500k?
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by skedman(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2018
Babaken:
thanks so much is the directe Belgium good for at least 500k?
sure ,it is good at that range but mine was wagon direct from germany

1 Like

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 24, 2018
Hahahahaaaaaa! This vehicle is known as "Bauchi ko Laira" i.e Bauchi or Heaven because it is either it takes you to Bauchi or takes you to heaven - and sincerely speaking, it has killed a whole lot of people, due mostly to the drivers recklessness.

It is mostly being used for transportation between Kano & Bauchi, Kaduna & Kano, Abuja & Kaduna & Kano & Jos.

It is known for its ruggedness, fuel economy & of course SPEED! grin

My cousin was traveling from Bauchi to Kano about 9 years ago and he boarded this type of vectra.

A golf 3 filled up with passengers from the same park was just leaving to Kano, so my cousin boarded the next vehicle on the queue which was this vectra - and he was the only passenger.

The driver of this vectra was now telling the driver of the Golf 3 which had already started moving that: "Yowaa! Za ka Samaini a Kano" meaning - You will meet me in Kano grin

By the time this vectra got filled up some minutes later and the journey started, my cousin said the driver covered the instrument cluster with a long face-towel.

Paused!

Sorry please, to be continued later! Have an emergency grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by weyreypey: 3:36pm On May 24, 2018
Zoharariel:
Hahahahaaaaaa! This vehicle is known as "Bauchi ko Laira" i.e Bauchi or Heaven because it is either it takes you to Bauchi or takes you to heaven - and sincerely speaking, it has killed a whole lot of people, due mostly to the drivers recklessness.

It is mostly being used for transportation between Kano & Bauchi, Kaduna & Kano, Abuja & Kaduna & Kano & Jos.

My cousin was traveling from Bauchi to Kano about 9 years ago and he boarded this type of vectra.

A golf 3 filled up with passengers from the same park was just leaving to Kano, so my cousin boarded the next vehicle on the queue which was this vectra - and he was the only passenger.

The driver of this vectra was now telling the driver of the Golf 3 which had already started moving that: "Yowaa! Za ka Samaini a Kano" meaning - You will meet me in Kano grin

By the time this vectra got filled up some minutes later and the journey started, my cousin said the driver covered the instrument cluster with a long face-towel.

Paused!

Are you Hausa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On May 24, 2018
Babaken:

Run run run away, with your money still in your account......
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by weyreypey: 4:53pm On May 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Run run run away, with your money still in your account......
Why should he run.
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Lexusgs430: 8:10pm On May 24, 2018
weyreypey:

Why should he run.

That vehicle was not designed with any form of longevity in mind..........
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by weyreypey: 8:25pm On May 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That vehicle was not designed with any form of longevity in mind..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by diportivo: 10:03pm On May 24, 2018
Zoharariel:

Paused!

if u don't coman finish dis ur story now ehn,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Whizpeter(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2018
Zoharariel:

Paused!

Please comman finish this ya story, the thing carry sauce wella.
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by weyreypey: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2018
Zoharariel:

Paused!

Come and finish this story
Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Alright fellas. I sincerely apologize for keeping y'all in suspense. grin

My cousin said the moment this Vectra got filled up & the journey started, rather than the driver maintaining his lane (because it was a double lane without median like that of Kano to Katsina & Kano to Jigawa), he was driving in the lane of the oncoming vehicles.

The driver only returned to his lane after sighting an oncoming vehicle, and the moment the vehicle passed, he goes back to the other lane and he was just overtaking cars on the same route like fiam, fiam, fiam. grin

My cousin was seated at the front passenger seat & tried effortlessly to check his speedometer to ascertain his speed but he couldn't since the instrument cluster was covered with a face towel, so he cautioned him by saying: Ya kake gudu da mu haka? (Meaning: Why are you speeding with us like this?)

The driver responded: Habaa oga, deri da sitin kawai nake (Meaning: Habaa oga, na only 160 I dey do) grin

Passengers seated at the back told him to reduce his speed but he did not yield, so they all kept quiet.

After some minutes, they approached a military check point. When it got to their turn to maneuver through the checkpoint barricade, my cousin called out to one of the soldiers: Officer, yaya aiki? wannan dan iska driver yana so ya kashe mu a kan hanyan tare da mugun tukin sa. (Meaning: Officer, how's work? This stupid driver wants to kill us on the road with his reckless driving).

The soldier yelled - Park! While corking his AK-47 rifle. grin

The driver pulled over & started begging. Oga, walahi bana gudu (Meaning: Oga, walahi I am not speeding).

The soldier asked him to come down from the vehicle & commanded him to start frog-jumping.

After some time, they saw a Toyota Hilux with a Kano license plate passing through and the soldier asked the the driver if he was headed to Kano. Driver answered in the affirmative and that was how they hitched a free ride to Kano while the driver of the Vectra was left behind - frog jumping.

Wereypey - Case closed, nagode! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 by weyreypey: 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Zoharariel:
Alright fellas. I sincerely apologize for keeping y'all in suspense. grin

My cousin said the moment this Vectra got filled up & the journey started, rather than the driver maintaining his lane (because it was a double lane without median like that of Kano to Katsina & Kano to Jigawa), he was driving in the lane of the oncoming vehicles.

The driver only returned to his lane after sighting an oncoming vehicle, and the moment the vehicle passed, he goes back to the other lane and he was just overtaking cars on the same route like fiam, fiam, fiam. grin

My cousin was seated at the front passenger seat & tried effortlessly to check his speedometer to ascertain his speed but he couldn't since the instrument cluster was covered with a face towel, so he cautioned him by saying: Ya kake gudu da mu haka? (Meaning: Why are you speeding with us like this?)

The driver responded: Habaa oga, deri da sitin kawai nake (Meaning: Habaa oga, na only 160 I dey do) grin

Passengers seated at the back told him to reduce his speed but he did not yield, so they all kept quiet.

After some minutes, they approached a military check point. When it got to their turn to maneuver through the checkpoint barricade, my cousin called out to one of the soldiers: Officer, yaya aiki? wannan dan iska driver yana so ya kashe mu a kan hanyan tare da mugun tukin sa. (Meaning: Officer, how's work? This stupid driver wants to kill us on the road with his reckless driving).

The soldier yelled - Park! While corking his AK-47 rifle. grin

The driver pulled over & started begging. Oga, walahi bana gudu (Meaning: Oga, walahi I am not speeding).

The soldier asked him to come down from the vehicle & commanded him to start frog-jumping.

After some time, they saw a Toyota Hilux with a Kano license plate passing through and the soldier asked the the driver if he was headed to Kano. Driver answered in the affirmative and that was how they hitched a free ride to Kano while the driver of the Vectra was left behind - frog jumping.

Wereypey - Case closed, nagode! grin
Thanks. But you dey stubborn. I had to picket you.

Cc
Diportivo
Whizpeter

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is Used Rav4 2004 A Good Buy Over Toks 2005 Matrix / Pls Gurus In The House Between E300 And C300....... / The New G-class Squared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.