Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,609 members, 7,851,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Addiction - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Addiction (272 Views)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) / Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger / Sex Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Addiction by Abujulaybeeb(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2018
ADDICTION: VICTORY IS POSSIBLE
[color=#000099][/color] On this faithful afternoon I was sitted right at the front of our family compound with my gaze affixed to the big black gate, a light smile could be noticed by whoever wishes to observe, appearing so relaxed, enjoying self companionship.
I was still in this state when my younger sister walked passed me, next came my bro, barely two minutes later, it was my mum sitting right next to me on the bench.
Prior to her coming out, the following discussion was recorded inside the house;
Younger sis: Brother!
Elder bro: wetin?
Younger sis : come see bro A Oooo, e be like say he wan start again ooooo.
Elder bro: where he dey?
Younger sis : see am sit down for outside dey smile ooo
Elder brosadwalked out and back in) mama! Mama!! Come see bro A oooo
Mother: wetin? (rushing out from the kitchen)
Elder bro: go see your pikin for outside dey smile oooo
Mother : walked outside to sit by my side.
After minutes of silence, she decided to face her fear as she managed to let the words escape her lips.
Mother: my pikin, wetin happen?, wetin you dey look?
Me: sensing the fear and her worried state of mind, I narrated, starting with a soft smile towards her and ascerting my control over my mind by starting with a rhetorical question "ohh, na let brother and "X" dey Waka up and down?, ehhyaaa".
MY NARRATION : yes, my gaze was affixed to the gate but my vision was divided, I was sure in trance but lucky for me it wasn't hallucination but meditation over memories.
It all started at the end of year party when the SS 2 students decided to go hang out in a nearby bar, sorted at a side of the table where I was comfortable sipping my fayrouz while the majority emptied star, guiness,33, etc into their stomachs as though it's a drain system.No girl will come to my side of the table nor will anyone share a conversation with me except the little break to scream "Jew man", "smally","Dokpe" etc
I could have just left but I wanted to prove them wrong, from a little sip came the 3 bottles of alcohol that went down my system.
My initiation was complete, my free ticket was signed, I am no longer a Jew, I now have access to parties I never knew the type existed, I joined the team of scientists as we experimented on new patents to keep us afloat, as we are popularly called "science students ".
From taking it during parties it became something I had to sneak outside the house at intervals to take as the urge for it became unbearable,i kept on increasing my dosage until my body couldn't hold again.
Waking up to a bandaged head, a crying mother and a sobbing sister brought my mind to reality, at this point I realized that if I must remain a son and elder brother, I need all the help I can get and I went straight for it.
This actually kept my gaze affixed, as for the light smile, It was induced by the memory of an incident that occurred during my withdrawal stage as related to me by younger sister weeks ago, her voice still plays in my head:
Younger sis : Bro, you remember the day when you go stand front of sink for kitchen dey look the sink, when mummy ask you "wetin? " , you say make she leave you say you wan swim.
At this point I turned to my mother, shifting a little bit closer to her, I held her hands, looked her straight in the face and said:
"MOM, THAT IS ALL HISTORY "
"WE MADE IT THROUGH "
"THERE IS NO GOING BACK"
"I AM GONNA MAKE YOU PROUD"
VICTORY AWAITS IF ONLY WE KEEP PUSHING.

(1) (Reply)

Best Hematology Treatment In India / Birth And Family Life Planning / Sexual Enhancement Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.