Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) (1320 Views)

JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / Man Who Took Tramadol In Lagos Tied Up While Behaving Strangely (Photos) / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by SomehowBROWN(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
it's hard dealing with an addiction you know is tearing you but you find it hard to stop, you ask people how you should deal with it and they tell you "it's just God".
As a once addict of pain killers esp tramadol and after spending time to understand and study my system after recovery I took note of these few steps and felt they just might be effective in dealing with tramdol withdrawal and getting your self back.

1. ADMIT YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION N IT'S A PROBLEM
You cannot deny tramadol isn't really an impressive drug to be involved with, poor PR, bad rep and literally cheap, the high feels good I remember how it feels for real but you can't b proud of your tramadol at all, codeine even has more steez!
Now in my case I was good popping up to 5tablets a day of 225, on parties I could go a bit more, now the thing is I don't like anything that tries to ruin my sex, and over time trams(as me and my friends called it) started messing up my sex life, at first tramadol improved my sex but it started to drop after continued years of usage.
The first month I noticed nobody needed to tell me....i had to stop.

2. LET GOOGLE SCARE THE NYAMA NYAMA FROM YOUR BODY.
Baba just type "long term effects of tramadol" or "sex and tramadol" there is no way you twist the tags and search that tramadol doesn't come up with something scary, I honestly feel even super scared for girls addicted to that pill.
Note that All the while I'm doing this I'm still popping oh but now I'm super conscious, I noticed I felt sad cuz I have to succumb but I'm soon overcome with the high and I forget again

3. STEADILY DOWN YOUR DOSE
So here was a big game changer for me also cuz I had urges to get high for even the dumbest reasons, I would want to pop pills cuz I'm alone and bored, or I would want to pop pills cuz I'm going out and I need to feel pumped enough to vibe with my surroundings.
So I made a choice from 5-7pills daily I dropped to 4pills, tramadol is so strong that it's honestly not necessary popping more than a pill at an instant. after struggling with fluctuating number of tablets daily for over a month I finally decided that 3 tablets /day is the way to go, making it after every meal so I stay high the whole day and compensate myself that it was after I ate I popped the pill so I won't feel like I'm losing so much weight (I actually got so skinny it was sickening) tramadol makes u look messed up, really! If u addicted to it and u look good now just imagine how good u would look when u stop....bruhh!!
Anyway downed my dosage.

4. AFTER ALL THIS TIME, IT'S ALL BEEN IN YOUR HEAD....UNDERSTAND THAT.
This mentality should come in right with Steadily downing your dosage, after seeing the impact "the placebo effect" has made on healing, this seems to me more like a partial representation of that.
By programming my mind to understand now that I needed just three pills every day I made the effort to split my pills into half, but maintaining my 3times a day routine, thereby reducing intake from 3pills to one and half. In this time I realised after so much usage I wasn't so high, I didn't want to succumb by taking more to feel better so i............

5. FOUND A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE OCCASIONAL UNEASINESS
Never liked alcohol growing up, I was sweet mouth, I never really drank till university and spirits were the worst of the drinks ever made, but I needed something to get me of the edge and it had to be legal. I didn't want to spend time drinking so much so I chose to take spirits, one...two...highest three shots and you buzzing and fine to chill. You can't make it a habit cuz of the smell but It became a weekend to look forward to, chilling and having shots, I even began to appreciate beer and fish....lol.

6. EVERY DAY WITHOUT IS A BIG WIN TO YOUR BODY AND SOUL
It's not even a religious thing, it's just truths. The days I didn't take anything I felt so proud of myself, like I would be able to do anything if I put my mind to it. So sometimes when my tablets are finished I try not to go buy or when I travel to places I'm not familiar with I go with few tablets and once I've taken them all I endure till I'm back in my city. But for each day I could do without I felt better about myself and my confidence improved until one day......

7. TAKE NOTE OF THE CHANGES IN YOUR BODY
.......i was walking to the mallam I normally got my pills from to get my now subsidised dosage and I noticed from the past week I hadn't taken any pills I felt like I added a pound or so, I had been sleeping a lot more on time and waking early and my appetite was coming back, the black bags under my eyes were disappearing and honestly I never felt more handsome and it's just been on and of weeks, I felt different inside. Took the left turn to my mallams Street and.......

8. MAKE A DECISION AND STICK TO IT
Stopped a bike, after the mental review of my present state while on they walk to my mallams shop I made a final decision never to go back to popping pills again, I loved the changes I noticed in myself and decided to stick with them no matter the urge. The funny thing is....there was very little urge to go back, it was a gradual transition but I was determined to make it work.

It took me about a year to fully get lose of this drug and it took me months to understand the process as a whole that my body went through.
There are clearly more thorough methods to dealing with these addictions but this is for the people that need freedom from this drug.

Disclaimer: I'm no medical practitioner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by Kharol1234: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
hmmm oooooook tramadol wil make u dull
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by Martinez19(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tramadol addiction and memory and concentration problems are like 5&6.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by HotMario: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2018

Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by BrightEye(m): 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2018
Pray for me. I am depended on tramadol, pretty scary than being addicted. I once came out clean and i felt like a new born baby, i felt clean. Unfortunately, i was not able to turn away from the buyer as you did. So, i relapsed. I miss my old life that's why I am working on stopping it. I have followed the best advice by tampering it off. I am on 100mg daily now (i used to be on atleast 200mg daily). So pray for me.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by SomehowBROWN(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2018
BrightEye:
Pray for me. I am depended on tramadol, pretty scary than being addicted. I once came out clean and i felt like a new born baby, i felt clean. Unfortunately, i was not able to turn away from the buyer as you did. So, i relapsed. I miss my old life that's why I am working on stopping it. I have followed the best advice by tampering it off. I am on 100mg daily now (i used to be on atleast 200mg daily). So pray for me.
It's still up to yourself to choose to endure, I'd ask u how many times do u take the 100mg tablet a day? And what else do u take other than tramadol?
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by BrightEye(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2018
SomehowBROWN:

It's still up to yourself to choose to endure, I'd ask u how many times do u take the 100mg tablet a day? And what else do u take other than tramadol?

i only take 100mg once daily now. Yeah, thats what i vowed to be taking now. I take alcohol in small amount or sometimes moderately. Nothing else.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by SomehowBROWN(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2018
BrightEye:

i only take 100mg once daily now. Yeah, thats what i vowed to be taking now. I take alcohol in small amount or sometimes moderately. Nothing else.
If u can drop to 100mg a day then u have done half the work I think, next time try taking a shot or two of alcohol, mostly spirit instead of taking the pill.
If the head aches come try to sleep it out or take panadol, if u can successfully go through a day without taking that pill I can assure u, u would b fine. (also I think the 100mg pill u take is a capsule so u can't break it, I used to take the 225mg then I started breaking a single pill from 2parts to 4parts, it would b so small and almost ineffective cuz I realised my mind just wanted to feel like it's still taking something. That way I prepared myself to finally stop
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by BrightEye(m): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2018
SomehowBROWN:

If u can drop to 100mg a day then u have done half the work I think, next time try taking a shot or two of alcohol, mostly spirit instead of taking the pill.
If the head aches come try to sleep it out or take panadol, if u can successfully go through a day without taking that pill I can assure u, u would b fine. (also I think the 100mg pill u take is a capsule so u can't break it, I used to take the 225mg then I started breaking a single pill from 2parts to 4parts, it would b so small and almost ineffective cuz I realised my mind just wanted to feel like it's still taking something. That way I prepared myself to finally stop

thanks man. I am willing to reduce 100mg to 50mg, but the problem is i cant find the 50mg to buy and i dont know how i can break the 100mg into 2 because it is a capsle. I really had experienced total freedom from this drug and i know how awesome it feels, thats why i am working so determined to stop it.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by Adebimbor(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2018
just open the capsule and pure away some of it .God will help u man

1 Like

Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2018
There are many programs and professionals out there that can help with addiction recovery, and we suggest that you get the help that you need. Some helpful suggestions for addiction recovery include finding a support group (have someone you can call in a weak moment), avoiding triggers (stay away from people and places that remind you of your addictive behavior), distracting yourself with hobbies, exercising regularly, eating healthy, and setting goals. All of these things can make a difference and be helpful on the road to change.

Even if you follow all of the guidelines outlined by a program or a health care professional, the road to recovery from addiction can still be long and difficult; but it is possible. Essential oils can be a big help on this path.

Essential oils are great because they can help with many of the symptoms of withdrawal, such as nausea, headaches, insomnia, anxiety, etc., and they can help boost your mood and increase your energy so that you can keep pushing forward on the road to recovery.

Essential oils can also help reduce stress, which is important because stress is one of the biggest reasons why people engage in addictive behaviors in the first place. Below are a few essential oils suggestions.

I am not a doctor neither am i trying to sell products but i can relate with your frustrations and i know some people that have used essential oils to get over their addiction.

I am a wellness adovacate for doterra, you can reach me via my profile.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by queenbetsy(f): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2018
I think we need Tramasharp... grin
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2018
These are essential oils you can use.
Re: TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) by dlawnoni: 1:15am On Jul 30, 2018
get rid of that belly fats and excessive fats in your body by visiting the link below
https://ahmedajala64.clickfunnels.com/optins2thvo6r

(1) (Reply)

Hope For Hiv/ Aids Patients / Doctors’ Strike And Health Ministry’s Threats. / I Need Exercise Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.