Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma (22029 Views)

I Am Waiting To Take Over Gtbank - Innoson Boss, Chukwuma / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss / Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Blue3k2: 5:06pm On May 24, 2018
The Nigerian businessman, Innocent Chukwuma, has described his declaration as a wanted person by a Lagos State Special Offences Court as targeted to humiliate him.

Mr Chukwuma was dragged to the court in January by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on allegations of fraud and forgery of shipping documents.

On Thursday, the court presided by Mojisola Dada, declared Mr Chukwuma wanted following protracted attempt to arraign him to face the charges.

The businessman has objected to his trial, saying it was an abuse of court processes as a similar matter is pending before another court.

He also challenged the jurisdiction of the court to try him, as he also petitioned the National Jucidial Council over alleged bias by the judge.

Read Mr Chukwuma’s full statement below:

I have been briefed by my lawyers that Justice Mojisola Dada of Lagos State High Court Ikeja granted the oral plea of counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to declare me wanted because of my failure to appear before the court today. I have expressly stated before that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through due process of the law.

It must be noted that I, through my legal counsel, challenged the jurisdiction of the Lagos State High Court to hear the forgery charge filed against me by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on ground of, inter alia, the charge being an abuse of process. I filed an application before the court that this present charge is an abuse of process because a similar charge on the same subject matter, transactions and issues is ongoing at the Federal High Court Lagos Division between the same parties, in charge no FHC/l/565c/2015. The last hearing of the charge at the Federal High Court was this week, May 22nd 2018.

Furthermore, my legal counsel had at the last court hearing on April 25th 2018 notified the court that I had challenged the Jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division and that the prosecuting counsels which are the EFCC has equally filed their brief at the Appellate Court. The judge subsequently adjourned the hearing to today, May 24th 2018.

At the court hearing today, my defense team, also, notified the judge that both parties have filed and exchanged their briefs at the Court of Appeal and a date has been fixed for hearing of the substantive appeal and prayed the Honourable Judge to defer to the Court of Appeal to decide the appeal which is on the jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit. Again, my legal team notified the trial court that I had appealed against the order of bench warrant of 9th February 2018 to the Court of Appeal and as well filed a motion for stay of execution of the order of bench warrant.

However, the judge failed to grant the prayers of my legal counsel and quickly granted the plea of the prosecuting counsel to declare me wanted without recourse to due process of the law or listen to the submissions of my counsel on why an order declaring me wanted should not be made.

Declaring me wanted was done in bad faith and is simply to embarrass my personality, defame me and malign my character aimed to distract me from my daily activities in ensuring that Innoson Vehicles continues to produce durable made in Nigeria vehicles.

Recall also that the same Judge had issued a bench warrant against me, while I had challenged the jurisdiction of her court to hear the suit and I also wrote a petition to the National Judicial Council to investigate the circumstance leading to issuing a bench warrant against me and ordering my arrest. In the course of this case, I had filed a motion that the judge recuse or disqualify herself from further conduct of the proceedings which she failed to hear and insisted I must be brought to court against laid down judicial authorities.

Finally I want to expressly state that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through the due process of the law. This Trumped Up Charge against me is being instigated by Guaranty Trust Bank, who as at today is indebted to me above N22 Billion Naira, but I know Justice will prevail at the end of the day. Meanwhile, I have also appealed against the order declaring me wanted and as well filed a motion for the stay of its execution.

Cornel Osigwe

Head, Corporate Communications

Innoson Group

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/269640-court-declared-me-wanted-to-embarrass-me-innoson-boss-innocent-chukwuma.html

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 24, 2018
undecided
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by buhariguy(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2018
This was a business transaction, not a political transaction, or tribal transaction.

This is one the reason I don't like you, because you're always playing victimization card, or by tribal card, even involved buhari of trying to stop you from producing your vehicle.

101 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by donstan18: 5:10pm On May 24, 2018
When people aren't envious, they'll ask you questions to get clarified. But when they want your downfall, they'll question you.

If you are innocent of thee accusation, got get yourself clarified.

Be strong.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by chuksjuve(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2018
Don't worry brother ..

All these will pass.

You will come out stronger .

Proudly 5%..

Check my profile.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by KratosCorp: 5:13pm On May 24, 2018
Awesome!
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 24, 2018
This is my problem with Innoson. You have defense contracts with federal government and you spend your time writing epistles.

Get into your car and drive to Abuja. If you cannot see the president, you can see the vice president.

If anyone can reach Innoson, please tell me he is acting like a politician not a businessman.

Lubbish.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by buhariguy(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2018
chuksjuve:
Don't worry brother ..

All these will pass.

You will come out stronger .

Proudly 5%..

Check my profile.
chriskosherbal:
Nigeria and matters arising are 5&6..

See signature guyz
all this check my signature crew.
I thank God and buhari for Una life.

You guys were not serious before,
But for this "buhari time"
people that always wait for Crumb's from evil PDP criminals are now hustling in one way or the other.

This same people always insult buhari for given them direction of their life

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by chuksjuve(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2018
buhariguy:
all this check my signature crew.

Is that all you can say concerning the matter on ground ?

angry

7 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by buhariguy(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2018
chuksjuve:

Is that all you can say concerning the matter on ground ?

angry
buhariguy:
This was a business transaction, not a political transaction, or tribal transaction.

This is one the reason I don't like you, because you're always playing victimization card, or by tribal card, even involved buhari of trying to stop you from producing your vehicle.
I was the first to comment

2 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by chuksjuve(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2018
buhariguy:
I was the first to comment

Ok...

Are you done talking? angry

4 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by BiafraIShere(m): 9:21pm On May 24, 2018
Don't mind them sir! That is the more reason every Igbo man must work hard and ensure we leave this sh!thole for them. How many times have they used government agency to declare Dangote wanted? God punish Lugard for yorking us together with these backward and primitive barbarians who are anti development.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by EmekaBlue(m): 9:22pm On May 24, 2018
no time to read d long write up
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by millionboi2: 9:24pm On May 24, 2018
Nigeria is a zoo

10 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Throwback: 9:24pm On May 24, 2018
Sort yourself out with the law.

If you have your proof of innocence for the charges filed at any court whatsoever, you should be able to defend yourself at that court instead of challenging the authority of the court by filing injunctions all over Nigeria.

Evidence remains the same, it will either convict you or absolve you, irrespective of which court tries the case.

All these delay tactics has become too typical of the criminally accused wealthy in Nigeria.

Only the criminal case of the poor man progresses at the speed of light.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by LORDVEST(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2018
K
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by kidman96(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2018
sad[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by CharlesJok3r: 9:25pm On May 24, 2018
Will you kipkwayet

5 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by dominique(f): 9:26pm On May 24, 2018
They're probably jealous as well
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Metuh: 9:27pm On May 24, 2018
For those who can't read

...I filed an application before the court that this present charge is an abuse of process because a similar charge on the same subject matter, transactions and issues is ongoing at the Federal High Court Lagos Division between the same parties, in charge no FHC/l/565c/2015. The last hearing of the charge at the Federal High Court was this week, May 22nd 2018.

At the court hearing today, my defense team, also, notified the judge that both parties have filed and exchanged their briefs at the Court of Appeal and a date has been fixed for hearing of the substantive appeal and prayed the Honourable Judge to defer to the Court of Appeal to decide the appeal which is on the jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit. Again, my legal team notified the trial court that I had appealed against the order of bench warrant of 9th February 2018 to the Court of Appeal and as well filed a motion for stay of execution of the order of bench warrant.

No one obeys Court order anymore in this country, starting from Buhari himself

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Essentials1(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2018
Hmm, I never knew this battle has been going on for this long. I just hope the court, Innoson and the bank gest to solve this

Wow

Best Small Business Loan Websites You Can Use To Boost Your Business
www.smalllbusinessloans..com/2018/05/best-small-business-loan-websites-you.html
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by oshe11: 9:28pm On May 24, 2018
It is Well..... I need a.....
Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by teepain: 9:29pm On May 24, 2018
TheCabal:
This is my problem with Innoson. You have defense contracts with federal government and you spend your time writing epistles.

Get into your car and drive to Abuja. If you cannot see the president, you can see the vice president.

If anyone can reach Innoson, please tell me he is acting like a politician not a businessman.

Lubbish.

Since this case is in court, I have refrained from talking about it. However, I just want to note that since the beginning of this issue Innoson has been issuing press statements and the likes. On the other hand GTB has rarely made such statements rather they have kept faith with the courts. I believe that Innoson should avail himself the services of the best lawyers and thrash the issue out in the court and stop introducing sentiments.

30 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by CyberWolf: 9:31pm On May 24, 2018
My friend go and face your case. If you’re innocent,you will be vindicated,if not then you do the time. You have the money so hire good attorneys

15 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by InvertedHammer: 9:32pm On May 24, 2018
/*
I am not a lawyer. But after 6 months of intensive training, I can go against any Nigerian lawyer in a neutral court and beat him/her hands down. I believe most of them are ignorant and incompetent. Yep. That's how much regard I have for them.

2 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Throwback: 9:32pm On May 24, 2018
CyberWolf:
My friend go and face your case. If you’re innocent,you will be vindicated,if not then you do the time. You have the money so hire good attorneies.

Haven't you noticed that those who have money to hire good attorneys only use that resource to delay the case as much as possible, using counter motions at equivalent courts, injunctions, stay etc.

In most cases, the indicted rich do not want the evidence against them presented because they mostly do not have a defence for the allegations, so they continue to attack with technicalities rather than defend the allegation.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by greggng: 9:34pm On May 24, 2018
[quote author=buhariguy post=67845427]This was a business transaction, not a political transaction, or tribal transaction.

This is one the reason I don't like you, because you're always playing victimization card, or by tribal card, even involved buhari of trying to stop you from producing your vehicle.[/quote

Can't you comprehend what the man said? He is talking about due process he is not afraid of arraignment. If we say the judiciary is the hope of the common man or the masses, why are they not respecting rule of law? ]

9 Likes

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by Newpride(m): 9:34pm On May 24, 2018
Thunder fire this fraudulent guy man...

Are u above the law or u were dumb that u have a case in the law court and you’ve bn absconding...

Ask Dino, despite bn a senator, how he was disgraced and dealt with.

Ur Ipob supporters will cry more than the bereaved when u are caught

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by MPESA(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2018
buhariguy:

The businessman has objected to his trial, saying it was an abuse of court processes as a similar matter is pending before another court.

I have expressly stated before that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through due process of the law.
Bros stop beating around the bush , call a spade a spade. undecided , for once make you say the truth now ,it can't kill instead it set you free.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma by BiafraIShere(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2018
GTb must pay the 22 billion naira they are owing Innoson! Very crooked bank, thank God I've moved my 1.2 million from their custody. If they can defraud someone like Innoson of 22 billion is it my 1.2 million that is safe? Thieves!!!

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos / Seun Osewa Recognized By Forbes Africa / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.