Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss (38973 Views)

I Am Waiting To Take Over Gtbank - Innoson Boss, Chukwuma / Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days / Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by damiloladuke: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
It was earlier reported in various news media that the Supreme court had ordered the management of Guaranty Trust Bank, GTBank to pay a sum of N12 billion to the CEO of Innoson Motors, Mr Innoson Chukwuma.

The bank has however reacted to the news and maintained that there is no iota of truth in the news being circulated across the media as there was no order issued by the Supreme court to the bank to make any payment to the business man and his company.

The bank released a statement in that respect:

The attention of GTBank has been drawn to false, mischievous and malicious statements circulating in the news and social media in respect of a purported directive by the Supreme Court of Nigeria to the Bank to make payments to one of its debtor Customers.

The Bank's Customers and the General Public are hereby kindly urged to disregard these false statements as nothing could be further from the truth.There was no directive or Order issued by the Supreme Court of Nigeria to the Bank to make any payment to any of its debtor Customers

The Bank as a highly responsible corporate citizen will in accordance with its culture and tradition refrain from making comments about on-going litigation matters and will continue to focus on using legal means to recover its bad debts.

It must be emphasised that the Bank remains undeterred in its recovery drive against recalcitrant debtors.

We again reiterate that there is no iota of truth in the falsehood being peddled by desperate and mischievous elements and the General Public should disregard same in its entirety.

The Bank remains committed to providing best-in-class customer experience to all its valued Customers. We thank you for your continued support and patronage.
For the bank,
Erhi Obebeduo
Company Secretary.

https://lailasnews.com/gtbank-debunks-rumours-of-court-order-to-pay-n12b-to-innoson-boss/

lalasticlala

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by madridguy(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
I swear Nigeria bloggers are making mockery of journalism.

Meanwhile, both Innoson motors and GTB should settle this their matter amicably.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Nextlevel10: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
I love GTBank but this is becoming an embarrassment. They should settle out of court.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by GavelSlam: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
So you mean it was a fabrication?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Donelli: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Damage control?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by deedeedee1: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ibo people. Na wa for una. So much lies. GTbank should not lend this man money anymore. If he knows he can't do without victim mentality, let him borrow money from ibo banks.
Yoruba people should be careful with who they do business with. There are terrible people everywhere.
I would like it if the country is split so we will all learn to mind our business. I am tired of the hate and disunity. Let us go our separate ways.

171 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Terminator1234g: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
IPOB USELESS LIES AGAIN!!

THEY WON'T SLEEP TONIGHT.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by docadams: 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
GavelSlam:
So you mean it was a fabrication?

Where there are IPOBIANS, fabrication, falsehood are usually part of the menu. Thread with care forthwith.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by abc115: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

I knew it was a big fat lie, because no major news medium reported it. Fabrication is always there stock in trade

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Movic1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
A big shame to those rejoicing on the other thread. I don't know why people from the East always turn small issue to Tribal fight. Reading comments from the other thread shows everything. Nobody is doing competition with IGBOS. Egbe Isu ko ni Iyan. We aren't mate...

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Uhn, when I saw the earlier post I knew something was wrong, u know those people with their antecedents... anyway that guy’s face looks like a krimina but let’s wait for the final verdict.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by HAH: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nonsense statement.

Was there a judgement by supreme Court ?
If there was what is the outcome ?

Instead of answering the above in their statement, they telling people to disregard information without furnishing us with facts.

All I see is damage control gone bad by gtbank.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Which one will I believe now

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
This my darling country sef!

Accusation and counter accusation.
You hear a piece of news today and hear another one tomorrow.

If a Supreme Court judgement can be countered, I then wonder whatever cannot be called a lie.

Welcome to Nigeria!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
There was never a smoke without fire

The fear of the public pulling out their cash out of fear of collapsing. grin

We shall see

But why are the wild westerners so happy

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Guestlander: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
I knew it was fake. Aba made news.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by OkutaNla: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
These iran ipob can lie for Africa. Chai!!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Bolustical: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
After I saw the thread here this evening,

I quickly checked Sahara Reporters, Premium Times and Punch Online to see if there will be any news on that but I was disappointed,

I even tried watching Channels tonight but nothing like GTB vs Innoson suit.

The false statement by the Innoson spokesperson is an attestation to the fact that everything about INNOSON is more of DECEIT & FRAUD.

BTW, Innoson boss should honour court invitation before them dem him wife another resetting slap.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Temple1288(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
deedeedee1:
Ibo people. Na wa for una. So much lies. GTbank should not lend this man money anymore. If he knows he can't do without victim mentality, let him borrow money from ibo banks.
Yoruba people should be careful with who they do business with. Their are terrible people everywhere.
I would like it if the country is split so we will all learn to mind our business. I am tired of the hate and disunity. Let us go our seperate ways.

There are*
Separate*
Igbo*

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by nnaawiz: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
And GTBank refused to even mention what the court said they should do. Can you beat that?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Milllz: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
Yes we already know that.

But I think they should also mention how the court has forced their hand into depositing 14BN before they can continue the case, which means whatsoever the judgement is, either they get their money back or Innoson is 14 billion naira richer.

This is a case that started from millions that GTBank has stretched for more than 10 years, something they should have payed off years ago and they are looking for an easy way out.

It’s funny how if they don’t deposit the money, the damages could grow to 20BN in the next 6 months, so the court is even doing them a favour.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Bolustical: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
[s]
amaechi2020:

BREAKING NEWS: JUSTICE AT LAST, SUPREME COURT ORDERS GTBank TO PAY INNOSON N14BILLION WITHIN 14 DAYS.

GTB To Pay Innoson’s N14Billion Judgment Debt Into An Interest Yielding Account, Says Supreme Court

Today, 7th of June 2018, The Supreme Court struck out GTBank’s motion for stay of execution of the Enugu Court of Appeal Division’s order that GTBank pays over N6 Billion into an interest yielding account at the Court of Appeal. Innoson’s legal team which was led by Prof McCarthy Mbadugha ESQ told the Supreme Court that the Judgment debt which arose from excess and unlawful charges which GTB took from Innoson’s account now stood at over N14billion.

The Supreme Court decision follows GTBanks motion for stay of execution at the Supreme Court when the Court of Appeal Enugu Division ruled on 9th Dec, 2014 that the appellant (GTB) is hereby ordered to pay the sum of Five Billion, Nine Hundred and thirty Six Million, One Hundred and Twenty Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Nineteen Naira, One Kobo (N5,936,126,219.01k) to the Deputy Chief Register of the Court within 14 days from the date of ruling and which the Deputy Chief Register shall pay same into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank other than Diamond Bank or Mainstreet Bank Plc pending the determination of this appeal. The money together with whatever accrues thereon shall be paid to the party who wins the appeal.

GTBank not satisfied with the decision of the ruling of Court of Appeal, filled a motion for stay of execution at the Supreme Court, however Supreme Court today struck out GTB motion for stay of execution and maintained that it will not hear GTBank’s motion for stay of execution until it obeys the ruling of Court of Appeal to pay the said money into an interest yielding account.

By Supreme Court decision today, GTB is expected within 14 days to pay the sum of over N14Billion judgment debt to the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Court of Appeal Enugu Division and which will now be paid into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank. The money together with whatever interest accrues thereon shall be paid to the party who wins the appeal.

Cornel Osigwe
Head Corporate Communications
Innoson Group
[/s]
An even your Igbo-owned Vanguard has not yet carried this news.

Please kindly use your God-given sense.

It's not too late to eat the humble pie.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Metuh:

In your bid to rush and type any nonsense that you like, you forgot to make research.

The alleged news wasn't released by innoson nor his representative.

Read Innoson reactions here

https://mobile.twitter.com/innosonvehicles/status/1004734052962840576?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmerieUduchukwu/status/1004753039369101314?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/lamideash/status/1004747517811134464?p=v

Stop embarrassing yourself here egbon.
You mean your brothers forgot to make their research before masturbating on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/4548417/supreme-court-orders-gtbank-pay

BTW, Oga researcher, did you know that this Twitter page you quoted does not exist? grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by worlexy(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
okay o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by PointZerom: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fraudulent bank why can't you wait for supreme court to debunk the news?

I thought you declared Innoson wanted, why haven't you and your kangaroo EFCC arrested him?

This is damage control, you're afraid that the masses may rush to withdraw their money from your bank knowing very well that you'll steal from them to pay the debt.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/07/breaking-innoson-floors-guarantee-trust-bank-supreme-court/

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bad news for Ipobist
What manner of pple so changes the narrative between a business man and bank into a tribal war?
An Ibo friend of mine who is supposed to be learned, being a student studying for his PHD, surprisingly advanced such distorted view before me during an engagement.

Shocked at the sad level of ethnic indoctrination and victim mentality complex, I quickly abandoned the discussion.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Metuh: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bolustical:
After I saw the thread here this evening,

I quickly checked Sahara Reporters, Premium Times and Punch Online to see if there will be any news on that but I was disappointed,

I even tried watching Channels tonight but nothing like GTB vs Innoson suit.

The false statement by the Innoson spokesperson is an attestation to the fact that everything about INNOSON is more of DECEIT & FRAUD.

BTW, Innoson boss should honour court invitation before them dem him wife another resetting slap.

In your bid to rush and type any nonsense that you like, you forgot to make research.

The alleged news wasn't released by innoson nor his representative.

Read Innoson reactions here

https://mobile.twitter.com/innosonvehicles/status/1004734052962840576?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmerieUduchukwu/status/1004753039369101314?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/lamideash/status/1004747517811134464?p=v

Stop embarrassing yourself here egbon.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by BabaIbo: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
They know customers are likely to move their money out of fear...
Anyway I'm just observing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Igbos will not be happy about this

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Arthur Eze Dances "Gbe Body" At An Event / Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.