Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually (6572 Views)

Lagos Consumes N328 Billion Worth Of Beef Annually – Govt / Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets / Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:32pm On May 25, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
are you telling me the rivers in our niger delta states are now empty of fishes? what about those who have ponds of cat fishes. .na wa o
peasant fish farms will not solve the problem
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:34pm On May 25, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
let them continue to import. when hardworking Nigerians suffer and rare this fishes, poultry products included, some wicked people will come and price it in a way that will make you begin to wonder if you are cursed. the government need to set up a consolidated pricing mechanism to protect farmers from low prices that are sometimes even lower than cost of production.
after consolidating the price will you force ppl to buy?
did they force you to sell or produce?
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:35pm On May 25, 2018
sean079:
Norway has oil and fishing sectors whereby most of Norway source of budget financing is from fishing sectors. One of the best course in Norway is fishery related studies. Here we have one old man that refuse to know his left from right even compelling him to adopt ranching of livestock is difficult task
what stop you from doing the fishery or ranching
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:39pm On May 25, 2018
alfchye:
I am not sure I ate in that 288 billion fish. Which kind nigeria be this one.

the one you voted for

When will I ever benefit anything from this government sef.

when you put in the work and sacrifice and effort

Military plz take over.

they took over for 32 years
who dem epp

We no do democracy again. Dis democracy just Dey enrich people so tay. Dem import fish 288 billion naira and I didn’t eat in it. It is like APC have really open our eyes. I don’t want anymore
Oya Coman stop the democracy na
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:41pm On May 25, 2018
Blue3k:
Lol this isn't a surprise. When i post stories about illegal fishing nobody makes correlation. The other issue is maritame sector is undeveloped. The solution isnt to ban fish but to improve our domestic production. First revive the fishing terminals like one in Akwa Ibom. Then fisheries shiuld be encouraged. If you offer inxentives to food processors on cast you could builf industry.

We have things like NEPZ that provably offers incentives.
fisheries is too much work
Nigerians prefer cbn or nnpc work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:50pm On May 25, 2018
afos002:

The federal government need to support fishermen with modern tools and also create a good market for them. most of these fishermen are faced with how to preserve the fishes not to get spoilt and they are financially handicap.
the federal govt needs to support herdsmen on how to raise cows
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
after consolidating the price will you force ppl to buy?
did they force you to sell or produce?
google the answer. bye.
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:20pm On May 25, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
google the answer. bye.
lazy yoot
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Jaqenhghar: 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
is Mauritius in west africa
Yup it is.
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Jaqenhghar: 7:02pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
fisheries is too much work
Nigerians prefer cbn or nnpc work
God bless you.
You have explained the problem
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Jaqenhghar: 7:09pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
the federal govt needs to support herdsmen on how to raise cows
The problem is the herdsmen dont want to move with the times. they (the herdsmen and their supporters) will tell you roaming around is their culture and its their right to preserve that culture.
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:31pm On May 25, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

The problem is the herdsmen dont want to move with the times. they (the herdsmen and their supporters) will tell you roaming around is their culture and its their right to preserve that culture.
so why should govt support fishermen
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:38pm On May 25, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Yup it is.
you cud v just googled it you know? it's even after Madagascar or you don't know difference between east and west? and it's Very very tiny
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:40am On May 26, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
lazy yoot
it takes one to know one.
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by sean079: 9:07am On May 26, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what stop you from doing the fishery or ranching

What is stopping me? Well go inform the old man to start investing seriously in human capital development just like what Bill gates told him then.

And for your information Norwegian government place high priority on research dealing with fishery studies involving millions of EUR
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Jaqenhghar: 10:41am On May 26, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
you cud v just googled it you know? it's even after Madagascar or you don't know difference between east and west? and it's Very very tiny
Errrrrrr are we on the same page? cool
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by Jaqenhghar: 10:42am On May 26, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
so why should govt support fishermen
Did I say govt should support fishermen?
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:13pm On May 26, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Did I say govt should support fishermen?
sorry I didn't check the name. as you quote my quote I think say na the Pesin wen I quote de reply me
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by supereagle(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2018
What happened to the Atlantic Ocean of Nigeria? We didn't have visionary government in the past. They were only interested in looting Nigeria dry.
wisdomkid:

Idiot, so we now have visionary government?
Have you been given your 500 fee?
Leaking mouth(Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.), must you abuse someone, did I praise the incumbent government? If the past governments failed to see the potential in our coastline and another government came and saw it, we should praise them. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. The present regime may be slow,but one good thing about them, they are trying to diversify the economy which the previous regimes failed to do. Hatred will not take us anywhere. When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself. If you don’t like something(the regime), change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
Re: Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 7:11am On Aug 18, 2018
fashrola:

And Uruan coastline
uruan coastline ke? Does uruan share any border with the Atlantic? I doubt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grilled Barbeques with Solar Chops (pics) / Health, Skin & Cooking Benefits Of Our Unrefined Ghana Coconut Oil / The African Breadfruit Meal (ukwa) Is Highly Nutritious And Sweet No Be Small O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.