Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) (22546 Views)

Nigeria Airways 18 Years After It Packed Up (Pictures, Video) / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Nigeria Airways: A Peek Into Its Heydays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by somehow: 1:53pm On May 25, 2018
DadaStephen1:

No sir, but you will agree with me that they know better. You think you just start a national carrier overnight?
They've not even settle the previous debts and are yet to pay the old staff.
Except they just want to score cheap political points, they need to take their time to do a thorough job so it won't fold up again.

Mind you, the old Nigerian Airways was not properly liquidated. Up till today we don't know how much they sold it.

They know better than the people in charge?

If they know better, how come the Nigerian airways was ran to the ground and was obsolete all these while?
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by Heavance(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2018
Everything will work overnight since election is very near.....
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by DisGuy: 2:10pm On May 25, 2018
ibegeeee:
[color=#006600][/color]

What is the point of wasting value resources in establishing a national carrier in the 21st century if we are just going to sell it off?. Just encourage the massive private sector to establish their own airlines. I said it before the average Nigerian will not enter a plane in his or her life, we need the little money we have to be spent on 24 hours light, not vanity projects that will be misused by the corrupt board of directors appointed that will give themselves and their families free tickets.

Nigerians should not encourage this wasteful venture, which will only benefit the elite.

I am a PROUD NIGERIAN and I believe our NIGERIAN entrepreneurs have a better chance of having the best airlines in the world rather than a useless government airline. (Afterall a few years ago a Nigerian businessman was at the head of a private consortium that bought and ran the second largest airport in the UK, Gatwick Airport - would any Nigerian government allow that in Nigeria?)

I will see it as an investment actually, job creating opportunities, Forex Inflow etc... Most airline now are run as partnership between a big established Airline hence passing on the experience to local management. There are many businesses and policy of government targeted at the elite that has great trickle down potential for everyone, the elites wont man the check-in desk, run the back end of the airline website, or handle luggages..these are all jobs that will be opened to everyone..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by Bimpe29: 2:25pm On May 25, 2018
This is a welcome development. Thunder will fire any sort of maladministration and corruption awaiting the resuscitated national carrier. This should not be celebrated as a special thing form Buhari presidency, but must be commended as meeting a simple deliverable of a government.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by bigpicture001: 2:40pm On May 25, 2018
bad move by the government...!!!!
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by gamaliel9: 2:59pm On May 25, 2018
Akiko.....the managing director will be giving his family members and friends free tickets and first class...wrong move....create an enabling environment,investment friendly policies and allow the privates to take-over...you monitor..simple
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by Charly68: 3:17pm On May 25, 2018
This man is very patriotic ..I swear
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by saneasses(f): 4:27pm On May 25, 2018
till then , we are waiting
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by ibnew: 6:00pm On May 25, 2018
martyns303:
I hope this national carrier won't be operated by an already existing airline, just as IMO state launched an airline operated by Dana fleets. I just hope they are not eyeing airpeace or merge Arik and Medview.

If they want to start a national carrier by December, it's almost mid year, where are the planes, the pilots, I haven't heard of any recruitment for Nigerian airways, or is it the eagle one rumor. what provisions have they put in place? People need jobs.

They want to do stone/foundation laying ceremony by December grin
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by domehi(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2018
APC/Buhari Airways all the way for 2019 campaign. #BuharigobacktoDaura2019. A hundred million Bola Tinubu cannot deceive Nigerians successfully again come 2019. Anuohia!
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by domehi(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2018
domehi:
APC/Buhari Airways all the way for 2019 campaign. #BuharigobacktoDaura2019. A hundred million Bola Tinubu cannot deceive Nigerians successfully again come 2019. Anuohia!
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by mestrophil(m): 6:59pm On May 25, 2018
HAVE THEY PAID THE LIQUIDATED STAFF.....?
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by OsamaB: 8:58pm On May 25, 2018
Does the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) set up airlines now

Very childish lie
Re: Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) by Fivewaytrip: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hong Kong International Airport Named World's Best Airport / 5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Surviving A Plane Crash / Flood Kills 13-year-old Pupil In Edo State (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.