Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86810 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by moonraker(m): 6:16am On Jun 13, 2010
Just re watched the game again,  Yes, we were lucky that we were not humilated but the

truth is that we shd have won this game,  we had chances that went begging,

1. Taiwos effort

2. Obasis efforts,  if the guy had good ball control like messi, he would have finished those chances

3. Kalu uche,  biggest miss of the game, if martins had that opportunity, that would hv been a goal

4. sani kaita, oh my God, sunday olisehs favourite position,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2010
@moonraker,
I don't think I agree with you.
If you think that Enyeama kept us in the game for 90 minutes,I don't think you'd make it look like we had much of a chance to win the game.
Those chances were largely 50-50.Besides,Obasi doesn't have a left foot,so playing him there was a mistake.We should be thankful we only lost 1-nil,given the clumsiness of our back line.
I think Lagerback did fairly well,but this game should open his eyes to starters and role players.Kalu Uche should have started for any impact to have been made.Haruna doesn't have enough international experience at this level to marshal the middle,but he's all we've got.
Is it me or did I just notice Obafemi and Osaze were not playing together?Twice they had the Argentine defence at their mercy,but neither decided to pass to the other player who was in a better scoring position.Those two should start as well.There's no way Nsofor and Ogbuke are better than those two.At least on the international stage.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2010
I tell you why I say Lagerbeer is useless. You do not play zoning system like robots, for set pieces you have to pick up the runners, thats why heinze had a free header. Anyway whats happened to you why are you feeling sorry for Lagerbeer. Before before nah thunder you for take fire am.

WHAT!!! zoning system is a managers preference it works for some it doesnt work for the other, The zoning set up doesnt include the guy marking Heinze who went to sleep, another ref would have giving a foul against Samuel,

@ Amodu's love child, i think you need to get a grip, a team that could retain possession could make you run around like a headless chicken and chasing Argentina around is not the answer, we had to contain them and try and nick a goal, The eagles today has been far better than the one we have seen in the last 2 nations cup, but with Stability theirs progression, after the world cup Lagerback is out Amodu is back or the Biology teacher, and that sets us back another 5 years,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 7:32am On Jun 13, 2010
Amodu back ke ? That guy's career is as finished as Sagamite's NL reputation, if he ever had any !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by TruMantra(m): 7:46am On Jun 13, 2010
Let's wait and see how the game with Greece goes and then we can start to determine if Lagerback has had any impact. I think that the NFF should either sign him up for another 2 years to take us to the ANC or replace him with Siasia right after the WC.
We also need a national secondary school level tournament in Nigeria to serve the same purpose that college football does in the US.
We need to start tapping the infinite talent that we have available to us. I know I've seen some small kids balling under one of the Ikoyi bridges and pulling off moves that would make Messi gape.
One last thing. It is the resonsibility of the coach to motivate the team but he cant give the players that essential quality called "heart". We lacked it today and I only hope the boys can dig deep and find it in the next game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dxcode(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2010
Anyone that is still believing in the present crop of super eales will keep on getting disappionted. This is not the first , nor the second nor even the third time they play like unserious dudes. I keep on asking, why is so so difficult for these players to play half a match since 2002 world cup exit, without the fans giving them all round pass mark. They continue to fail, ANC, Friendlies, Now the WC. As far as am concerned, they aint gonna deliver anything perod sad sad
It dosent take a second chance to create the first impression cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by phreakabit(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2010
I don't care if we lost Barca humiliated Inter in their first meet but Inter came back better the next time they met,I just want to know if Taiye is badly Injured i hope not,

[b]SE [/b]GRADUALLY GETTING THEIR SWAGGER BACK THANKS TO LARS LAGGERBACK   grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by kannymoore(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2010
Guys, The argies were far better than us cos they were more technically gifted with ball retaining prowress than our team and mind you, better teams than naija have been made to look silly against technically gifted teams. A good example is barca vs man utd, champions league final, barca vs chelsea, champions league semis 2009 and even more recently, brazil vs england friendly. So abeg, do spare them the endless criticism, we are a team in transistion playing under a coach they just met about a month ago against a world class team that have been together since after the olympics.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by phreakabit(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2010
SOME BODY PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT ETUHU THAT GUY IS A RETARD,HE MADE HARUNA WORK EXTRA HARD THUS MAKING HIM UNABLE TO COME FORWARD AND TAKE SHOTS, HE CAN'T PASS,DOESN'T MARK AND WAS VIRTUALLY MESSI'S LovePeddler IN THAT GAME THINK I AM LYING WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS ON YOUTUBE

p.s: We should make a thread about how useless he is
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chidichris(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2010
very very different from many views i see here. in the SE, i saw a more committed team. loosing 1-0 to the star studded argentine side is not that bad.
i saw the coach on the touch line dishing out orders a way of telling the players how umncomfortable he was unlike in the amodu era where he hides behind the bars.
all we need to do is to let the corrupt nff give this man a long contract and leave amodu to try his luck somewhere else.
yesterday, i saw signs of new things to come in our soccer.
we played well though some of our players had the stage tension especially at the initial stage of the game.
i expect a more composed side in our other games.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by lizzybabe1(f): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Having said this. . .there are too many fundamental flaws in our game.

- We play at a very slow pace
- We don't close down spaces of opponents
- We unconsciously fall back, defend too deep in our own half and easily concede dictating the game to our opponents as if we're content with chasing the ball. . . .as in, we just don't fight and battle for the control of the midfield. WE ALWAYS CONCEDE IT TO OUR OPPONENTS.
- Our players don't make runs and position themselves off the ball
- We only mark opposing players when they're with the ball and don't close them down on time etc etc etc

Plus we missed a couple of sitters. Goals that even my Grandma would have scored.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Dauchman(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2010
@Sagmite you know you truly contradict yourself, you agree they played rubbish for 70mins after which the game changed. Didn't you realize that was when Lagerbeer made his substitutions (Let me spell what that means so you understand: Great Tactical & match analytical skills) did you see the frustration on Maradonnas face, Did you see the bigger one on Messi's face. You keep saying Enyeama saved us, but you also seem to forget that Enyeama is a member of the team and its his job to save goals (why didnt the arg keeper let Martins shot go in?) and was trained by the goal keeper trainer Lagerbeer brought in. And go back and look at his saves, most were goals any good keeper like himself would also have saved, we had only about 2 that were unsavable situations.

But if you actually had any good sense of football/soccer you would see that this team survived the nightmare because of the tactical input by Lagerbeer. Did you see him bring in Echejile to cover for Taiwo after his injury, nope he put Kaita there and brought in Kalu instead to increase the attacking pressure on Argentina. If it was your god Amodu do you think he would have thot of that. You claim Phil McCarthy said the eagles played rubbish, did you see the other crap that guy has written about Nigeria, the answer must likely would be no. Go round the net and see what other credible people are writing then you would see how moronic your summary of the game is.

I wonder why people bother arguing with you when you are the same person that had the sense to say that Amodu is as good as any other world class coach.

Go back and take a look at the match the Nigerian squad had chances but failed to use them, why because they were playing scared. for me the weakest link in the team was Nsofor and Etuhu. I have problems with the way Taiwo tackles, he gives the attacker too much space to play. Haruna had a lot on his hands, thanks to Etuhu's inability to contain Messi properly, so he wasnt able to play his attacking role very well. If this squad could frustrate the so called almighty Messi, how can you say they didn't play well. Also the team lacked urgency and speed, they need to work on that.

Just watched the highlights of the match on ESPN, we had as much chances as the Arg team difference was the Arg team was shooting on target. Sagamite i suggest you do just that, it would help you do a better analysis. and i hope you remember at a time the Arg team looked confused cause they were loosing control of the game.

For the first time i watched a Nigerian team in a long while and i was calm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by babslepe: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2010
guys come on we held argentina and we lost 1-0 and messi of all people did not score so i can say largerback tried on our team he made changes and we saw the impact if we play the same guys that played the second half Osaze, kalu there would be less pressure on our defense but i think largerback should handle the team for another 2 yrs and fill in the loop holes and i think the nff should right a petition against this guy call maradona he was kind of influencing the referees decision and intimidating the players like that we should follow up things like this and not just fold our hands he was pressing the ref to issue cards and other things
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Adonike(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2010
Ok! Greece and South Korea are in trouble. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by interestin: 11:43am On Jun 13, 2010
Messi, We shall meet again
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2010
Well to say the truth-o. You guys have spoken well sha. Because there really is no improvement in this team from the disgrace that Amodu put out in the nations cup. Infact the tactics and approach and mentality was thesame and if they achieved only the semi-finals in the African nations cup with that, Ah na im be say we dey stare first round exit in the face. Our football administrators need to start telling the truth and look for other more enterprising ways of making money other than taking bribe from all these grandfathers that have managed to wade their way into international football unnoticed. cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
generalkc:

'Our players were scared even before the whitsle was blown

I am sorry there is no point hiring Lagerback. He did not show any tactical expertise at all.

Amodu would have produced this kind of performance

Siasia would have produced a better performance

So what was the point of Lagerback.

He does not even know our best players.'

mketasy, u r talking as if u didnt watch d match. i say they posted a good performance.

How can people be so myopic,  Amodu would have produced this kind of result - Ghana 1 Holland 4.
We talk of Siasia,  He was a disaster during his last outing, What is he doing now? -- Nothing,  
World class coaches don't sit down and wait to become coaches for their countries, he make a name for
themselves by taking coaching jobs in top clubs,
Mourniho in his 1st year with inter was a flop at the champions league, It took him another 1 year to
fully know the players and use them effectively,
>>He does not even know our best players.'<< That was a silly statement, Sorry, not hating on you but hating on the attitude,
I was proud of our players and everyone I have spoken to now believe our team has a future,
Nigeria is a WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL NATION- AND WE NEED TO RETAIN AND EMPLOY WORLD CLASS COACHES.
AMODU, SIASIA SHOULD LEARN FROM KESHI AND IMPROVE THEMSELVES BY TAKING COACHING JOBS OUTSIDE
NIGERIA,
GHANA UNDER 21 COACH TEYTEY, IS NOW COACHING RWANDA, WHEN WILL OUR COACHES LEARN, WHEN, WHEN,

Popular saying,
Only a fool expects to get a different result doing things the same way he has been doing things,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2010
All this silly statements

denitro:

How can people be so myopic,  Amodu would have produced this kind of result - Ghana 1 Holland 4.

You mean like when Amodu beat France 1-0 in FRANCE with SE B-team?

You mean like when Amodu drew 0-0 with ARGENTINA in 1995 Confed cup?

You mean like when Amodu thrashed Japan 3-0 in the same 1995 Confed cup?

What rubbish are you chatting?

denitro:

We talk of Siasia,  He was a disaster during his last outing, What is he doing now? -- Nothing,  
World class coaches don't sit down and wait to become coaches for their countries, he make a name for
themselves by taking coaching jobs in top clubs,
Mourniho in his 1st year with inter was a flop at the champions league, It took him another 1 year to
fully know the players and use them effectively,
>>He does not even know our best players.'<< That was a silly statement, Sorry, not hating on you but hating on the attitude,
I was proud of our players and everyone I have spoken to now believe our team has a future,
Nigeria is a WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL NATION- AND WE NEED TO RETAIN AND EMPLOY WORLD CLASS COACHES.
AMODU, SIASIA SHOULD LEARN FROM KESHI AND IMPROVE THEMSELVES BY TAKING COACHING JOBS OUTSIDE
NIGERIA,
GHANA UNDER 21 COACH TEYTEY, IS NOW COACHING RWANDA, WHEN WILL OUR COACHES LEARN, WHEN, WHEN,

Popular saying,
Only a fool expects to get a different result doing things the same way he has been doing things,

You asked such idiotic questions like what is Siasia doing now?

So what is the Keshi you are praising doing now too? Did you engage your brain for one second before you vomited that question as your criticism of Siasia?

He was a disaster in his last outing so his other outings where he shone like a billion stars does not count anymore?

So Benitez is now a useless coach for coming 7th with Liverpool?

Hiddink is a useless coach for failing with Russia?

What a moronic point you are making!

You think it is that easy for a black coach to walk into a job? How many black coaches do you see in European leagues? Yet they form a substantial portion of those that play it professionally. Are you saying they are less intelligent than whites to be coaches or it is just a case they are not given the chance enough? If those blacks with European background are not given chances how do you expect African ones to? Don't you see the white-arse licking mentality displayed on NL everytime by people like Dr Kituan? How many Africans will be happy with a black coach instead of a white one? You don't know Africans feel more comfortable and safe to see a whiteman in charge and a black man has to work doubly hard and error free to even be regarded as they are not given the same default respect the whites get? Whilst the whites error are excused for them by their arse lickers?

You tell me what would have been said about Amodu if he had not started our BEST and most CREATIVE player (Odems) against the toughest opposition in the group? And when the same best player came in, he changed the game. Even UK commentators were screaming why he was not started BEFORE he came in. Yet you see people PRAISING the whitey's team selection and saying his substitution was top notch. Why wouldn't it be top notch when you are bringing a better player in. That is like Ferguson starting with Nani whilst Rooney is fit and then bringing in Rooney and the game-play improves and they FINALLY START COMPETING. So you praise him for that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sultan003(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
Lets discard dis zonal system and try man2man markin. If we are playin against african teams den zonal system will be okay. Simple mistakes can damage a team's morale
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sultan003(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
Lets discard dis zonal system and try man2man markin. If we are playin against african teams den zonal system will be okay. Simple mistakes can damage a team's morale
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sultan003(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2010
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dauchman:

@Sagmite you know you truly contradict yourself, you agree they played rubbish for 70mins after which the game changed. Didn't you realize that was when Lagerbeer made his substitutions (Let me spell what that means so you understand: Great Tactical & match analytical skills) did you see the frustration on Maradonnas face, Did you see the bigger one on Messi's face.

But when Amodu brought Eneramo and Nsofor in to create and score a vital goal against Tunisia it was not (let me spell it for you with correct capitalisation): Great tactical & match analytical skills?

But when Amodu brought Nsofor in and he scored a dead last minute goal against Mozambique it was not: Great tactical & match analytical skills?

But when Amodu brought Martins in and he scored TWO critical goals against Kenya to qualify us for WC it was not: Great tactical & match analytical skills?

In that case, you will claim poor team selection.

A team goes on the pitch and decide not to compete, players stand rooted or bouncing on one spot, 5 yards away from an opponent player he is suppose to be marking but he is watching the opposing player control balls coming from the air before he choses who to pass it to and you say they played fantastically.

Dauchman:

You keep saying Enyeama saved us, but you also seem to forget that Enyeama is a member of the team and its his job to save goals (why didnt the arg keeper let Martins shot go in?) and was trained by the goal keeper trainer Lagerbeer brought in. And go back and look at his saves, most were goals any good keeper like himself would also have saved, we had only about 2 that were unsavable situations.

If it was Amodu, you would say he can not organise a defence. You would not say Enyeama is a member of the team. You will say we defend like secondary school teams, Adeleye should have been played, not the immobile Shittu. He is daft for playing a player that has not played a game all season and not known for mobility against the best player in the world that is very fast and can dribble.

Dauchman:

But if you actually had any good sense of football/soccer you would see that this team survived the nightmare because of the tactical input by Lagerbeer. Did you see him bring in Echejile to cover for Taiwo after his injury, nope he put Kaita there and brought in Kalu instead to increase the attacking pressure on Argentina. If it was your god Amodu do you think he would have thot of that. You claim Phil McCarthy said the eagles played rubbish, did you see the other crap that guy has written about Nigeria, the answer must likely would be no. Go round the net and see what other credible people are writing then you would see how moronic your summary of the game is.

I wonder why people bother arguing with you when you are the same person that had the sense to say that Amodu is as good as any other world class coach.

Fool, and it would be people like you that would have said Amodu should have brought in a striker not a midfielder since we are losing, but you are quick to praise when he decides it is a world cup COMPETITION after 70 mins, not an invite to watch Argentina train or see Messi in real life.

Please show me where I said Amodu is as good as any other world class coach if you know you are not retarded.

Dauchman:

Go back and take a look at the match the Nigerian squad had chances but failed to use them, why because they were playing scared. for me the weakest link in the team was Nsofor and Etuhu. I have problems with the way Taiwo tackles, he gives the attacker too much space to play. Haruna had a lot on his hands, thanks to Etuhu's inability to contain Messi properly, so he wasnt able to play his attacking role very well. If this squad could frustrate the so called almighty Messi, how can you say they didn't play well. Also the team lacked urgency and speed, they need to work on that.

You must be retarded if you claim Messi was frustrated.

He took Nigeria on a ride with his dribbling and penetration. He could only not beat Enyeama.

And your stewpid arse turns around to talk about knowing soccer. The BBC match analysts and the ITV ones (ex world class players and managers) kept on showing highlight clips of his shining during the game and getting excited he has shown he is ready for the WC to be the star. And your goat, stewpid head is coming here to say he was frustrated. Anuofia slowpoke!

Argentina penetrated us because we were dominated tactically. Argentina played 3 upfront with the 3 rotating roles on who to drop between the CBs and DM to pick up the ball in the hole where no Nigerian player was. That was why our CBs did not have much involvement in the game unless when Messi runs at them. The centre forward they were marking was dropping and the 2 others upfront spreading to the wings. Tactically the coach would have mandated a DM to patrol that hole or one of the CBs to push forward and markout any of the 3 dropping during the rotational tactics and our other CB play a sweeper role. (Ask jay bee and chamotex, my ordinary self do that on the pitch against a player called Dele that never stays on one spot and can run all day, where I organise a man marker on him, my excellent self, and a sweeper, Gbenga, in defence  grin grin grin grin).

And sadly, we did not have any support striker dropping to give Yak the ball in our attack. We were attacking from wings REPEATEDLY and yet we did not have players running into the box to head. Sometimes you will see one SE player surrounded by 5 Argies when a cross comes in. All the Argies needed to do was to get one defender to physically obstruct our ONE player from even approaching the ball by just body checking him or standing in front of him with their hands wrapped around him. Other times it is just 5 Argies in the box, no SE player for the cross. But you dimwitted arse turns up here talking about: Great tactical & match analytical skills. Utter foooooool!

Dauchman:

Just watched the highlights of the match on ESPN, we had as much chances as the Arg team difference was the Arg team was shooting on target. Sagamite i suggest you do just that, it would help you do a better analysis. and i hope you remember at a time the Arg team looked confused cause they were loosing control of the game.

For the first time i watched a Nigerian team in a long while and i was calm.

You must be retarded for all I put in bold here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by moonraker(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ sagamite

Bros relax, there is some element of reality to what yu say, but the problem may not be amodu per say,

i suspect that the players do not respect him one bit and there will never listen to his tactics, the result is

that amodu will be made to look bad,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2010
moonraker:

@ sagamite

Bros relax,  there is some element of reality to what yu say,  but the problem may not be amodu per say,

i suspect that the players do not respect him one bit and there will never listen to his tactics,  the result is

that amodu will be made to look bad,

He was never the problem. He was not world class but was good enough. Some here and in the press just calumnised him because they feel comfortable to see white face. It gives them the optimism we are seeing now when there is no improvement. The presence of a whiteman is like a placebo. The retard above is telling me yesterday's football was not heart-attack football and he was calm.  undecided The UK commentators where just slaughtering us and saying Enyeama is keeping us in the game.

Obviously constant criticism and belittling of a coach in public EVERY DAY will affect his team.

The problem with SE is the players and IT TAKES TIME TO CHANGE that. It takes a longer time when it is a Nation of people without the culture of giving their best and with bigmanism mentality. It takes SEVERAL education and iteration of the instructions if any of the foooools here understand the art of change management. Amodu should have been given the time. Westerhof did what he did because he had 5 years.

We keep on hiring and firing coaches like mumu!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite,

Even though we differ in opinions on some issues, I agree with you wholeheartedly about yesterday's game. Enyeanma saved us from a national embarrassment, for our defenders were too sluggish to defend Messi and his teammates. The Argentines passed the ball around with practically no pressure from our boys, they had ample time to think of strategies, and they penetrated at will, without pressure. If not for Enyeanma, I am sure we would have conceded at least 4 goals.

The main problem is that Lars screwed up tactically by starting Shittu and Yobo (you know those guys don't deserve to be in the World Cup) while keeping Osaze, Martins, and Kalu on the bench (and it seems those are our three fastest players). So Lars started 10 sluggish guys against an Argentine team that featured players with speed. Result, our boys were watching the Argentine pass the ball and make runs, and we did not have the gumption to put pressure on them.

I have said earlier and will continue to say it repeatedly: we need a blend of youth and experience, or at least feature guys who are in shape and can run. We have plenty of guys in the local leagues, on the former U-17 team, and a couple of guys from the current squad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

All this silly statements

You mean like when Amodu beat France 1-0 in FRANCE with SE B-team?

You mean like when Amodu drew 0-0 with ARGENTINA in 1995 Confed cup?

You mean like when Amodu thrashed Japan 3-0 in the same 1995 Confed cup?

I am happy you are quoting 1995 super eagles teams, further contradicting yourself, The team was handed down to him by
whom - Westerhof,  You can tell if a coach is good, if he leaves a job and the replacement coach find the team in good
shape and excellent form, E.g Mourniho leaving Chelsea, yet all coaches replacing him have used the same team
to win different trophies - FA cup, league,
Why didn't he improve the team by discovering new players -- oh, sorry, he did. Mohammed Gamba, and some other
useless players he introduced,
You talk about him introducing Martins to goal against Kenya, What are you talking about,
We got the ticket as a result of another game, We all know that,
Jokes apart, why do you want to take Nigeria 10 years backwards in our football.
The Super Eagles was a laughing stock at the Nations cup, So did you not watch them,
Amodu experimented with his selection until he got it right in the 3rd place match,
IT IS OK TO EXPERIMENT AS A COACH, I AGREE, BUT AMODU SHOULD FORGET ABOUT
THE SUPER EAGLES AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER PLACE TO COACH, HE DOESN'T HAVE
THE TECHNICAL AND COACHING ABILITY TO COACH THE SUPER EAGLES, PERIOD,
EVEN THE ENGLISH HAVE STOPPED USING THEIR OWN LOCAL COACHES AFTER
THEIR EXPERIENCE FAILED WITH COACH MCLAREN ,
WE SHOULD LEARN,

You talk about Change Management,  We know that top companies in the world
don't tolerate managers who cannot produce result,
Because,
Self esteem = function of Attribute * Result,
If a manager cannot produce result as a result of his attribute, automatically
it results in low self esteem of workers in the company and the manager is fired,
THE SUPER EAGLES HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM BECOS
OF POOR RESULT * POOR ATTRIBUTE OF THE COACH,
>>WORLD CLASS COACHES RESIGN WHEN THEY DON'T PRODUCE RESULT,
REASON, TO AVOID THE TEAM SUFFERING FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM, THAT IS WHY YOU
SEE HIDDICK AND THE REST RESIGNING,
WHAT WILL AMODU DO, STAY PUT FURTHER CAUSING MORE
DAMAGE,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
I will give it to some that because they were expecting a slaughter, they are relieved that it was just one goal. Hence due to this relief and non-embarassment, they are quick to praise the players as the result exceeded their expectations. Not noting we played poorly.

I am relieved too, but I think despite our players far inferior ability, I will judge them on the potential they could achieve that they did not.

Yes, Argentines are more techinically gifted, more skilful and with a better football brain, WE CAN NOT MATCH THAT with these players.

But what stops our players from matching them in hunger, hard work and commitment on the pitch.

Is that not what Egypt used to win the ANC?

Let one of them come and tell me how many of our players showed those throughout the game or even close to a high level of those? They all just played like they were watching Argentina training. Please go and count the amount of times Argies were controlling balls in the air and see how they tackle us with ball coming from the air ON ANY PART OF THE PITCH.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
denitro:

I am happy you are quoting 1995 super eagles teams, further contradicting yourself, The team was handed down to him by
whom - Westerhof,  You can tell if a coach is good, if he leaves a job and the replacement coach find the team in good
shape and excellent form
, E.g Mourniho leaving Chelsea, yet all coaches replacing him have used the same team
to win different trophies - FA cup, league,
Why didn't he improve the team by discovering new players -- oh, sorry, he did. Mohammed Gamba, and some other
useless players he introduced,
You talk about him introducing Martins to goal against Kenya, What are you talking about,
We got the ticket as a result of another game, We all know that,

Jokes apart, why do you want to take Nigeria 10 years backwards in our football.
The Super Eagles was a laughing stock at the Nations cup, So did you not watch them,
Amodu experimented with his selection until he got it right in the 3rd place match,
IT IS OK TO EXPERIMENT AS A COACH, I AGREE, BUT AMODU SHOULD FORGET ABOUT
THE SUPER EAGLES AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER PLACE TO COACH, HE DOESN'T HAVE
THE TECHNICAL AND COACHING ABILITY TO COACH THE SUPER EAGLES, PERIOD,
EVEN THE ENGLISH HAVE STOPPED USING THEIR OWN LOCAL COACHES AFTER
THEIR EXPERIENCE FAILED WITH COACH MCLAREN ,
WE SHOULD LEARN,

Can you all see the kind of morons I am talking about on NL, and why I am so fired up and still bring this topic up?

Can you see how they dismiss any of his achievements and then are quick to praise any white PE teacher with inferior achievements?

See the silly excuses and moronic points!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
A team is greater then each of its individual part, so what the Super Eagles lacked in terms of quality of individual players should have been compensated for by their tenacity, hunger, and willingness to win. Those qualities were missing from our boys, at least yesterday, and too many of our players are not fit for fast pace football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2010
denitro:

You talk about Change Management,  We know that top companies in the world
don't tolerate managers who cannot produce result,
Because,
Self esteem = function of Attribute * Result,
If a manager cannot produce result as a result of his attribute, automatically
it results in low self esteem of workers in the company and the manager is fired,
THE SUPER EAGLES HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM BECOS
OF POOR RESULT * POOR ATTRIBUTE OF THE COACH,
>>WORLD CLASS COACHES RESIGN WHEN THEY DON'T PRODUCE RESULT,
REASON, TO AVOID THE TEAM SUFFERING FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM, THAT IS WHY YOU
SEE HIDDICK AND THE REST RESIGNING,
WHAT WILL AMODU DO, STAY PUT FURTHER CAUSING MORE
DAMAGE,

Are you retarded?

Do you use your brain to analyse before vomiting?

What target given to Amodu did he not meet? Tell me.

ARE YOU RETARDED?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (87) (Reply)

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match / 'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.