Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium (2066 Views)

Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / Please Tell Me The Stressed Syllable In PLANETARIUM / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by HigherEd: 11:48am On May 25, 2018
ABUAD commissions Nigeria's first(University Owned) Planetarium, School of Management Sciences, School Of Post Graduate building, Two postgraduate hostels and cafeteria....

Planetarium

ABUAD Planetarium, 18 metre dome, is an astronomical observatory. People at the school REPORTEDLY said it is the first of its kind in Africa..
Lalasticlala Seun CodeTemplar Demmzy15 TheVictorious

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by HigherEd: 11:49am On May 25, 2018
School Of Postgraduate Studies
Lalasticlala

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by HigherEd: 11:52am On May 25, 2018
School Of Management Sciences

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by HigherEd: 12:05pm On May 25, 2018
ABUAD's Two Post Graduate Hostel(Male and Female) with Cafeteria.

Barojana CodeTemplar

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by barojana: 12:14pm On May 25, 2018
I must admit the South West is gradually becoming the hub for good private universities. This ABUAD is growing so freaking fast!! As at October 2017 none of the foundation of these projects had even be laid.

ABUAD has surpassed Igbinedion, Benson Idahosa and Madonna and kind of on the same footing with Babcock.

What about that Adeleke University - that one too is very very beautiful and cool. Then Elizade uni. Landmark University nko - they make sense.
Lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by HigherEd: 12:26pm On May 25, 2018
barojana:
I must admit the South West is gradually becoming the hub for good private universities. This ABUAD is growing so freaking fast!! As at October 2017 none of the foundation of these projects had even be laid.

ABUAD has surpassed Igbinedion, Benson Idahosa and Madonna and kind of on the same footing with Babcock.

What about that Adeleke University - that one too is very very beautiful and cool. Then Elizade uni. Landmark University nko - they make sense.
Lalasticlala
ABUAD/Afe is doing well. One of the best things to hit Ekiti of recent. And if you see the polytechnic right in front, It is just a contrast...
Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by barojana: 12:56pm On May 25, 2018
But in my opinion private universities located in rural areas maybe shouldn't be building plenty hostels. By doing so they rub the host community of the huge economic benefits of hosting a private university.

Ado, Omuaran, Ede, Ilara, Ilesan for example are village communities in South West hosting big private universities. Imagine their students with strong economic power living amongst the people, it would surge economic activities in those places.

Last last they should build inside the communities because even Harvard doesn't house all her students. But what we have now is universities(public/private) housing their students and selling everything from bread to water to zobo to book.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by CodeTemplar: 5:35pm On May 26, 2018
HigherEd:

ABUAD/Afe is doing well. One of the best things to hit Ekiti of recent. And if you see the polytechnic right in front, It is just a contrast...
And to think Fayose isn't ashamed and cutting kponmo is sad.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by Demmzy15(m): 6:18pm On May 26, 2018
Developments springing up and down in school, I just got home last week after school vacated like 3 weeks ago just because my project wasn't complete. I had to complete it and test to be sure it's working, it's not been easy at all.

Most of the building foundations started early this year, work was going on in all sites simultaneously. The college of social and management science (college 1) and college of medicine and health sciences (college 2) which were the first colleges to be built when the school opened in 2009 were jam-packed as they hosted other colleges. However, the founder decided to reduce this by building other colleges, this led to the opening of the college of engineering in 2013, ABUADTH in 2017 and now this in 2018.

The growth is just fascinating that a times I get angry, initially engineering started with mechanical, Mechatronics, computer, electrical-electronics, civil, petroleum and chemical but recently Biomedical and aeronautical engineering has been added. Though, the school administration is not perfect and fails in some issues, but they're getting better everyday.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola University(ABUAD) Commisions Nigeria's First Planetarium by olatpic(m): 6:50pm On May 29, 2018
Nice one for Abuad..

(1) (Reply)

Stop Extortion Of Nmc Cbt Applicants By Test Centres In Nigeria / I Moved From Nigeria To Germany �� / 2012/2013 Admissions @ Bells University Of Technology, Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.