Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final (1809 Views)

Yaya Toure Sent Off After 10 Seconds Of Final Football Match In China (Photos) / Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. / Barcelona Confirm Lionel Messi Will Miss Three Weeks Due To Injury (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 25, 2018
If you're a big football fan then you have been looking forward to this Saturday night for months.

The time has finally come. You crack open a beer and park yourself in front of the TV to watch Liverpool against Real Madrid in the Champions League final. Life doesn't get much better than this, right?

In a horrific turn of events, though, your television knocks itself off during coverage of the final. Panic hits. "Why does this always happen to me?" I hear you ask, but don't be alarmed.

Samsung will trick millions of people into thinking their television is broken as part of a new ad campaign.
Because y'know, causing utter mayhem in millions of households across the country is the best way to enjoy one of the biggest sporting events of the year.

More than eight million TVs will be "turned off" during the Champions League final to promote Samsung's QLED technology that includes an 'ambient' mode.
So what will happen exactly?

According to Samsung, TV screens will buzz with static and interference before going blank and entirely silent, leaving viewers staring into the void.
You will be watching a blank screen for what could turn out to be eight seconds.

Rebecca Hirst, Marketing Director of Samsung Electronics UK & Ireland, commented on the ad:
"This unique and disruptive marketing campaign has been designed to underscore our messaging in the most dramatic way possible, switching sets off to remind the public that their TV is simply a boring black screen for 90% of the time,"
So yeah, don't be alarmed when your TV turns off half way through the Champions League coverage tomorrow night.
Let your mates know about this one.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-millions-of-people-to-miss-eight-seconds-of-the-champions-league-final-20180525.amp.html

Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 25, 2018
space booked tongue
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 25, 2018
Advertising 2.0

The world is evolving into smart strategies daily

I love this creative and engaging move

Bravo Samsung
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by pussygotlips: 5:48pm On May 25, 2018
wetin be my own?
I will be watching it live
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 25, 2018
Are they collaborating with broadcast channels or their offline Samsung tvs?
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 25, 2018
pussygotlips:
wetin be my own?

we meet there live cool
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 25, 2018
krattoss:
Are they collaborating with broadcast channels or their offline Samsung tvs?
if u ask me, no who I go ask
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:
Advertising 2.0
Bravo Samsung
cool
Lakeside79:
Advertising 2.0
Bravo Samsung

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by darocha1: 6:01pm On May 25, 2018
10million people in NIGERIA will miss it cos they do not have back-up power supply

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Masama: 8:01pm On May 25, 2018
I don't care, I don't use Samsung
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 25, 2018
Masama:
I don't care, I don't use Samsung
then it may affect u.... watch out!
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 9:17am On May 26, 2018
it's the D-day
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2018
pussygotlips:
wetin be my own?

thank God my white and black sharp television is still available..
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by pussygotlips: 12:54pm On May 26, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
thank God my white and black sharp television is still available..

Black and white wey Nigeria go score 3 while in reality they are at the receiving end.

Better upgrade o
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 26, 2018
pussygotlips:

Black and white wey Nigeria go score 3 while in reality they are at the receiving end.

Better upgrade o
grin
pussygotlips:

Better upgrade o
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2018
pussygotlips:

Better upgrade o
grin grin my phone has livescore as well... so i shall be watching the two screens at the same time..
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 26, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
grin grin my phone has livescore as well... so i shall be watching the two screens at the same time..
lol.... funny u
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 26, 2018
so the great battle begins
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 26, 2018
Salah has been subbed due to shoulder injury
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 26, 2018
Real Madrid 1 Liverpool 0
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 26, 2018
Real Madrid 1 Liverpool 1
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 26, 2018
what a goal by bale 2 -1
Re: Why Millions Of People Will Miss Eight Seconds Of The Champions League Final by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 26, 2018
goalllll bale 3-1

(1) (Reply)

Correct Score Bet9ja / Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million / *breaking News* Manchester United Finally Signs Gareth Bale(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.