Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,348 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African (31639 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by sangresan(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2018
[quote author=gentlezypher post=67889906]why so much hate? Do you have any published work to your name?[/quot
Even if I have, will that make Nigeria a developed country?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by gentlezypher: 8:17am On May 26, 2018
[quote author=sangresan post=67890137][/quote]atleast there will be base to your argument
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by sangresan(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2018
gentlezypher:
atleast there will be base to your argument

May be you can't read and digest then.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by RexTramadol1: 8:31am On May 26, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Don't worry Afonja.

Definitely, she would.

BTW, she had written better stories than that cultist.

Don't compare the cultist with a feminist!

Recipe to live long! grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Do you know you just finished that guy?

Ishowdotgmail sorry ooh. In your next life, don't be a hateful soul.

Ipob youths are dumb na
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2018
Eagba:
don't mind him joor, he sees you as a fool. I see you as an idiot

Wasted ipob generation
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by Samccalister: 8:52am On May 26, 2018
after they will tell us it's buhari
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by Nobody: 8:59am On May 26, 2018
Let me go n buy a good TECHNO smart phone so that i can watch this speech. I love this woman, even her error r forgiven before they r commited
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by bikat: 9:01am On May 26, 2018
I am so proud of this woman than even Igbo people. NATURAL Beauty and brain. No be all these make ups, bleaching and fake wigs.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by SouthEastFacts: 9:21am On May 26, 2018
sangresan:

See dindinrin....Manufacturing blah blah blah

So, where is the manufacturing being done in Africa? You are using a phone or computer that's most likely not made or invented in Africa and you are blabbing about advanced countries leaving manufacturing to your "5th-world" countries.

And what has that got to do with your aunty giving a speech in America?

We have writers and artists in Africa. dem plenty.

What we don't have are inventors.....Forget about speech-making which adds no value to anything in Africa.

What is this one even saying?

Countries are moving away from manufacturing to service and knowledge-based economy

Now, decode how this got to do with her giving a speech.

She didn't give that speech because she is Adichie, but because of her writings.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by Eagba(m): 11:29am On May 26, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

Wasted ipob generation
i'm not even ipod, i'm a progressive nigerian
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by sangresan(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

What is this one even saying?

Countries are moving away from manufacturing to service and knowledge-based economy

Now, decode how this got to do with her giving a speech.

She didn't give that speech because she is Adichie, but because of her writings.

Clap for yourself Mr Knowledge-based.

So, writing fiction is what knowledge-based economies do?

You people won't stop being ridiculous.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by bukanchris20: 12:06pm On May 26, 2018
My good sister WE anambra people are moving higher than other
Good job My dearest sister
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by CSTR1003: 12:09pm On May 26, 2018
sangresan:

Clap for yourself Mr Knowledge-based.

So, writing fiction is what knowledge-based economies do?

You people won't stop being ridiculous.
Knowledge based economies are all rounders.

They have the best arts and the best science.

Most of the box breaking movies and series that made billions in America were adapted from books.

Have you heard of Mark Twain and Tolstoy. ?
They are revered today for their literature.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by sangresan(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2018
lol....Read what you wrote...Adapting books for films can be done even in the most backward country....This is not what knowledge-based economy is all about.

Film making is both art and science...3rd world countries have mastered the art...But the scientific aspect is where we are lacking...Or are we producing cameras or music equipment here?

If you don't know that knowledge-based economy has to do with scientific research and technological innovations, then you are probably just arguing for nothing sake.

Anyway, I won't reply any of you again.

Kudos to Adichie for her recognition.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2018
Eagba:
i'm not even ipod, i'm a progressive nigerian

Progressive my foot..... Gerrout of herep
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African by drollster(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2018
ozoebuka1:
Afonjas already displaying their jealousy all over the thread with "she's not the first"

This people and hate sha... Why can't you guys just be happy for this woman for Christ sake!!! undecided
Must you generalize?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / 2017-2018 Chatbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.