Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (31131 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nigerian novelist "Chimamanda adichie" in a recent interview said she have trouble with men holding the door for women.

"i think it is lovely thing to hold the door but we should hold the door for everyone, like i hold the door for men and women. So i think the idea of holding the door for a woman because she is a woman, i think i have trouble with it" She said

Watch The Interview Video Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1G9uIgtMKo

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/06/i-have-trouble-with-men-holding-the-door-for-women-chimamanda/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by johnbuck81(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
I swear...this woman no know were dey pain
her.

women like this are so loyal to their husband indoors while they come out forming James Bond deceiving other women.

308 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
chimamaanda, kemi olunloyo and madness

275 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Metuh: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Chimamanda go just d f up anyhow sha

23 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
her opinion alone, not that of all women in general

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Speakdatruth: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
This is no longer feminism, this is craziness. What happens to being a gentleman? How does it even look to go with your wife on a date and leave her to pull the door, pull the chair and co. Same applies to every woman out her, treat her right. It's common sense. This lady thinks she's all sufficient. Nonsense

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
k
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Emekus92(m): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
The reporter should have answered her by saying YOUR TROUBLE UR HEADACHE.
nonsense

29 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
There could be more to what she said though. Fear those literature-geniuscheesy

And to think I truly understand the quote, na liecheesy. I just dey reread

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Blessynokoro: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
nawa
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Too much of everything is not good, madam I too know go kill u

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by martyns303(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Holding the door open for a woman is not cos u think she is weak, it's a sign of respect, u honor ur woman enough to give her that courtesy. This woman need to understand the difference between being a feminist and being plain silly.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Follygunners: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Very true... Na the very ugly ones with all the fake, smelly and maggot-infested Brazilian / Spanish hair, bleached-the-fvck-out skin bleachers et al... that expect men to do that. Real women know better... Real women know that doesn't translate to love. cool

Jupiter Thunder fire all those ugly women expecting guys to hold door for them. May those doors be slammed on their fingers! angry angry angry

20 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
can this woman just shut d Bleep up

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by pocohantas(f): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sensational headline!

She said holding doors shouldn't be a gender thing. We should hold doors for each other, or anyone that needs such help...not just because she is a woman!

She went on to add that, in the event of danger---the first set of people to be evacuated should be those that are weak/unwell. Not only women and children.

Protect those that need protection, irrespective of their gender.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Celestyn8213: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
That is your problem
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Buffalowings3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman again
I just finished reading a long write up about you on the new yorker that was deftly crafted to show you in positive light.

Now youve brought another nonsense

Cho cho cho cho
Will you keep quiet.

15 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by diegwu02: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
It is safe to say Chimamanda Has a problem with Everything undecided undecided undecided

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by FoolishBoy419: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
she is turning herself into a joker. I think she is overdoing it

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by ziga: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Makes a lot of sense. Be nice and courteous to everybody, regardless of gender, pastor, account balance, chief or common man or woman.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Tats(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
#Holdingthedoor grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Olukat(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
She's going crazy now shocked shocked
Maybe men shouldn't make an attempt to take ladies clothes off before "Fire" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman na two English words put together.... Way+ray WAYRAY..... undecided undecided undecided

blood lesbo forming feminist....

Not like I have anything against lesbos... Matter of fact love em die grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Restroom: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
And so what?
I do it all the time subconsciously, I even did it this morning when my former boss stopped by at the office, its no big deal, madam feminist carry your wahala and be going.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by emperor94(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hiaan!.. Odi kwa egwu oo. Bia lemme ask, is this one part of the feminism anyi obu.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Kyllahmc(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Women are trying so hard to do everything a man can do... meanwhile they are losing their value.
cos women aren't meant to do everything a man can do... they were actually meant to do everything a man can not do.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) by Ellabae(f): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
I think I like that. It's just part of being a gentleman cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.