Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' (17603 Views)

2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / 2019: List What God Did For You This Year / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Priscy01(f): 6:37am On May 26, 2018
A female twitter users asked other users to give their examples of toxic femininity and the replies which flowed in from both men and women make for an interesting read.

See below;

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/twitter-users-list-what-they-consider-as-toxic-femininity.html

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by donstan18: 6:41am On May 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by highqueen(f): 6:43am On May 26, 2018
mtchew.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Nobody: 6:43am On May 26, 2018
If you say you're a feminist, you're indirectly saying you're wiser than your creator who gave a standard for marriage.

BTW, I've never seen a Muslim feminist. Its in Christianity that you'll see all manners of rubbish. My fellow Christians why?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Nobody: 6:44am On May 26, 2018
Toxic femenity is not allowing GOD to be the basic of your life and not seeing your husband as your head..

13 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by BabbanBura(m): 6:46am On May 26, 2018
highqueen:
mtchew.

Ofcourse!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Samusu(m): 6:47am On May 26, 2018
cc: Chimamanda Adichie

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by BabbanBura(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Toxic femenity is not allowing GOD to be the basic of your life and not seeing your husband as your head..

Perfecto, case closed. Gracias!

13 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by highqueen(f): 6:48am On May 26, 2018
BabbanBura:

Ofcourse!
ofcourse what?
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by CAPSLOCKED: 6:51am On May 26, 2018

WOMEN TALK CRAZY AT YOU IN PUBLIC AND WHEN YOU TRY TO GAIN A LITTLE BIT OF BALANCE ON THE MATTER THEY RELEASE THE NORMAL DUB......

"YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN. YOU'RE TALKING TO A WOMAN LIKE THAT? YOU DON'T HAVE SISTERS AND MOTHER AT HOME? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF". AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW THEY HAVE THEIR WAY IN EVERYTHING AND EVERYWHERE AROUND OUR NEIGHBORHOODS.

EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL IS WHAT THAT IS, NOT FEMINISM OR WOMAN POWER. IT'S CRAZY!
undecided

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by swiz123(m): 6:52am On May 26, 2018
When a woman uses feminism for her own benefit alone.

One thing i hate about feminists is their double standards. When they stand to gain something, they are feminist; when they stand to lose, they are no longer feminists.

How many of our Nigerian feminists take their man out; pay for house rent; feed their families - even if they can afford it, they still won't do it for long without complaining. You wouldn't see a man complaining about such things because by nature, it's their responsibility. For women, however, it's an anomaly.

The western culture, in recent times has been the bane of Africa(feminism isn't our thing). Divorce cases seems to be on the rise because of our misconception of feminism. Women no longer know there place.

A man and a woman can never be equal. The superiority of men comes natural and it would be an attempt in futility for y'all feminists to go against nature. Seeking parity with your men counterpart isn't a prerequisite for a better world w'all seek.

Live and let's live. We are all unique in our own way.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Tallesty1(m): 6:57am On May 26, 2018
Allowing Twitter Standard Feminism Get To Your Head
Lols. So true my dear. Internet is the only place where every woman appears to be in charge but the reality is quite different.

14 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by coolestofall(m): 7:22am On May 26, 2018
Toxic feminity 2 me is when a gal always wants 2 b consulted during decision making and also wants 2 b part of process.
It doesnt sound bad, right? Then reality hits then they b like u r d man na.
Sample: Me n babe decided 2 change d settings of the kitchen. Since she always want 2 b included in every process, I then b like "babe, oya carry d freezer from dat end let me carry it from this end", then she goes "u r d guy na, call ur friends 2 help".

Me:

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by mainman7(m): 1:36pm On May 26, 2018
Most feminists are Lesbos.
DrinkLimca:
Pls, NairaLanders, can we ever over-discuss or over-plan our future?! NO! Our Destiny is in our Hands! We can still do something now!
Obviously, Buhari would remain Nigerian President throughout this year. Sadly very probably for the next 4 years too angry . Bitter truth, we are seeing the preview already, by then Fulani killings would turn to full-fledged genocide against us. He has succeeded in perpetuating the disunity in South, so he would win next year.
I SMH for Southerners; the myopic Yorubas and senseless igbos that join in trying to humiliate this wonderful Man that brought the best Nigerian brains from all over the World to make Nigeria a progressive place during his era. He's not like this current tribal-blinded fool that has forced only his incompetent clansmen as helmsmen of this great Nigeria, to the retrogression of our beloved Country. The biggest questionable money under OBJ's good years rule is just $16 billion of which NEPA has already accounted for how they spent almost 14 billion of it. Much more than that has CONSTANTLY disappeared under Buhari. Few month ago again, Baru babachir swallowed our whooping $24 Billion, the Trillions recovered from Jonathan, Deziani, etc is been shared among Buhari tribal pals and his Northern greedy lots that see others as slaves yet Buhari's religious and ethnic bigots, zombies lost their sense and sight when it comes to fighting him for audaciously unrepentantly wasting their future away. 86% of our Southern Oil Wells and our Money in billions and trillions still goes into to these heartless set that have been using senseless Southerners against Southerners. "Nobody holy pass" Obasanjo was not perfect, but human life had great value during his time, and you didn't need to be from his tribe or religion before he employs your competency to make the Nation better. A lot of us sensible Nigerians look forward to have the freedom of worship, non-tribal, industrially and economically progressive era of Obasanjo back.
Let's assume we would only have 2 options for President next Year, OBJ vs Buhari, who would you rather vote as your President. Like for Obasanjo. Share for Buhari.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by kolawoleibukun2: 1:37pm On May 26, 2018
that one na dem own

The fall of the Naira did not just happen overnight When Naira was stronger was when we had,
1. Peugeot Automobile Nigeria.
2. Volkswagen Nigeria.
3. Dunlop Nigeria LTD
4. Michellin, Nigeria
5. BATA.
6. LENNARDS.
7. Nigerian Airways.
8. Steel Rolling Mill, Osogbo.
9. Steel Rolling Mill, Ajaokuta
10. Arewa Textile Mill.
11. BEREC Battery.
12. ANAMCO
13. General Motors.
14. Kingsway.
15 A.G. Leventis
16 Bhojson's
17. IBM
18. IICC.
19. RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.
20. ETC
Free fall started when we abandoned,
1. IICC for ARSENAL
2. RANGERS for MAN. U.
3. EYINMBA for LIVERPOOL.
4. NIGERIA AIRWAYS for BA
5. YANKARI for DISNEY LAND.
6. GURARA for ISRAEL.
7. IKOGOSI for UK .
8. PALM WINE for HENESSY.
9. AREWA for SWISS LACE.
10. ARIARIA for ITALIAN SHOES.
11. MAMA PUT for QUILOX.
12. OJA OBA for SHOPRITE.
There is practically nothing on ground in Nigeria to attract the dollar. Naija brands are sponsoring foreign clubs.
A bottle of Henessy is 110k in Quilox, in V.I. The voice over of ARIK AIR advert was done by an English man.
And we are growing the NAIRA!

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.
Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.
Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore.
Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign food items & foreign dresses.
With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are done offshore.
Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.
Chinese n Indians are leading farmers with GMO n biotechnology across d country while Nigerians are busy selling land.
Who will u blame if foreigners are now the land owners after all you can't eat your cake n have it.
Hmmmm.....

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by myettiallah: 1:37pm On May 26, 2018
Ry
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by ViaFast: 1:38pm On May 26, 2018
embarassed
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by happney65: 1:38pm On May 26, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
If you say you're a feminist, you're indirectly saying you're wiser than your creator who gave a standard for marriage.

BTW, I've never seen a Muslim feminist. Its in Christianity that you'll see all manners of rubbish. My fellow Christians why?

In as much as I am not a Christian and will never be..However in Islam women are permanently meant to be in the background...Their husband can marry as much as many wives as possible and put all of them in purdah while he goes around fuccking pussies all about town..

Women voices are not meant to be heard at all in Islam..They are only for child bearing and Sex..

So it is non Muslims,atheists etc that do that FEMINAZI shit

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Ijaya123: 1:38pm On May 26, 2018
You never know with women. -James Hadley Chase

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by ivolt: 1:40pm On May 26, 2018
Okay
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by okolet(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2018
wink

11 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Xisnin(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2018
femininity = the quality of being female
Therefore any answer which is not specific to the female gender is rubbish.

Unfortunately, none of the responder could come up with an intelligent and correct answer.
Emotional blackmail? Who in this world(male or female) can claim they have never used it in their entire lifetime?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Offpoint: 1:41pm On May 26, 2018
Nairaland mods need do something about these guys...

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2018
IMO, Toxic feminity is:
Having double standard
Wasting your guys money when you aren't contributing a kobo to it.
Guilt tripping the man into doing what he doesn't like
Calling all men useless, pigs & rapists

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by sanpipita(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2018
Gender wars everywhere, una go still marry unaselves

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Yewandequeen(f): 1:46pm On May 26, 2018
Trash
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by MrEdimulo82(m): 1:46pm On May 26, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
that one na dem own

The fall of the Naira did not just happen overnight When Naira was stronger was when we had,
1. Peugeot Automobile Nigeria.
2. Volkswagen Nigeria.
3. Dunlop Nigeria LTD
4. Michellin, Nigeria
5. BATA.
6. LENNARDS.
7. Nigerian Airways.
8. Steel Rolling Mill, Osogbo.
9. Steel Rolling Mill, Ajaokuta
10. Arewa Textile Mill.
11. BEREC Battery.
12. ANAMCO
13. General Motors.
14. Kingsway.
15 A.G. Leventis
16 Bhojson's
17. IBM
18. IICC.
19. RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.
20. ETC
Free fall started when we abandoned,
1. IICC for ARSENAL
2. RANGERS for MAN. U.
3. EYINMBA for LIVERPOOL.
4. NIGERIA AIRWAYS for BA
5. YANKARI for DISNEY LAND.
6. GURARA for ISRAEL.
7. IKOGOSI for UK .
8. PALM WINE for HENESSY.
9. AREWA for SWISS LACE.
10. ARIARIA for ITALIAN SHOES.
11. MAMA PUT for QUILOX.
12. OJA OBA for SHOPRITE.
There is practically nothing on ground in Nigeria to attract the dollar. Naija brands are sponsoring foreign clubs.
A bottle of Henessy is 110k in Quilox, in V.I. The voice over of ARIK AIR advert was done by an English man.
And we are growing the NAIRA!

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.
Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.
Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore.
Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign food items & foreign dresses.
With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are done offshore.
Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.
Chinese n Indians are leading farmers with GMO n biotechnology across d country while Nigerians are busy selling land.
Whom will u blame if foreigners are now the land owners after all you can't eat your cake n have it.
Hmmmm.....

Hmmmm......oro sunukun...

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by benzics(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2018
What I still don't understand is how a lady would hit you and you'll just stay looking at her because she's a lady... Wetn concern me, mk I see girl wey her craze reach to hit me.. I go beat special rights comot for your body that day angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by KingRex1(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2018
Till date I see my parents union as a model and landmark to emulate.
Mum is no feminist, dad isn't a misogynist. They put one another first, we see the mutual respect, dad's the head, he makes the rules, his final word is law, mum doesn't challenge him, they discuss in the room, dad final words gets some soft edits.. mum's word becomes final law.

Mutual respect and love!

Feminism is trash, misogyny is trash. If love leads, there'll be no need for these bullcraps!

40 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / Nairaland Online Reality Family Show - Season One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.